1,705 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,540

Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2018, 02:57 PM |#1191  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothsahn

If you know your cryptography, it might be worth a try. I can say that just building the latest TWRP from sources will not correct the issue. You'll have to modify the sources to fix the underlying issue, which is neither simple nor straightforward.

If you're not scared by that, give compiling TWRP a whack and read this page about how the FDE partition is encrypted:
https://source.android.com/security/...tion/full-disk

That's part of the problem. I really don't know my cryptography very well. I'm hoping to learn at some point though.

26th June 2018, 02:34 AM |#1192  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi ..sorry for my bad English .I had twrp install iny N6 but recently I got this message asking me to install it as system or prompt to install this apps before I rebot to system ..
There 2 checkbox 1 prompt to install
2 install as system app
How to get rid of this massage pls help
Thank in advance
26th June 2018, 04:01 AM |#1193  
Thanks Meter: 1,956

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1266

Hi ..sorry for my bad English .I had twrp install iny N6 but recently I got this message asking me to install it as system or prompt to install this apps before I rebot to system ..
There 2 checkbox 1 prompt to install
2 install as system app
How to get rid of this massage pls help
Thank in advance

There's a difference between TWRP recovery and the TWRP app. It sounds like your being prompted to install the TWRP *app* to system (so it can do its job updating recovery). You can either install it to system or delete the app if you don't use it. It's highly unlikely TWRP for the N6 will get any more updates so I'm not sure the app will be useful.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 10:38 AM |#1194  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Dear sir ..pls need help on this'' no partitions selected to install" recently i make a backup twrp and my new broken so want to restore the backup and i had this error

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Dear sir ..pls need help on this'' no partitions selected to install" recently i make a backup twrp and my new rom broken so want to restore the backup and i had this error.

Thanks in advance
21st July 2018, 12:05 PM |#1195  
Thanks Meter: 1,956

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1266

Dear sir ..pls need help on this'' no partitions selected to install" recently i make a backup twrp and my new broken so want to restore the backup and i had this error

Is the bachup placed in the correct directory tree? It should be either in the srcard or USB OTG drive in: TWRP/BACKUPS/DeviceSerialnumber/<backup>

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
25th August 2018, 08:34 AM |#1196  
Flag Lufkin, Texas
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Quote:

LOS did force encryption, so wiping userdata and flashing the update didn't work when I tried. It sounds like that may have changed recently based on the reddit posts. I have heard that if you install LOS14 first, and then upgrade to 15.1, it will work (and preserve encryption), but have not personally verified this.

Razorloves built a number of builds of TWRP to try to resolve the issue, but we've had no success. I've traced the logs & code and it is failing where it uses the hardware based keymaster to sign the password before using the result to decrypt the partition. Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough to diagnose further, so I'm lurking in IRC until Dees Troy shows up--hopefully he'll know how to fix it.

The issue appears to be Shamu only, and somehow something to do with how LOS15.1 does the encryption. Until then, I just have accepted that I can't mount my userdata in TWRP (I don't want to wipe userdata to try the 14->15.1 workaround).

I just noticed that there is a version 3.2.3 of twrp that was released on July 31st. Had anybody tried it to see if the encryption issue is resolved? I use my phone for work, and won't have a chance to wipe and revert back to nougat (if it fails) for at least another month.
31st August 2018, 09:48 PM |#1197  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaen

I just noticed that there is a version 3.2.3 of twrp that was released on July 31st. Had anybody tried it to see if the encryption issue is resolved? I use my phone for work, and won't have a chance to wipe and revert back to nougat (if it fails) for at least another month.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I still receive an error when TWRP attempts to decrypt /data
- I just upgraded to twrp-3.2.3-0-shamu.img
- I'm on the latest LOS/microg (lineage-15.1-20180828-microG-shamu.zip)
This said, I did encrypt while flashing some number releases back - I did not try to clean flash and reproduce the issue (not enough time w/work).
The Following User Says Thank You to ms12131 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ms12131 Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 10:58 PM |#1198  
Flag ciudad del carmen campeche
Thanks Meter: 486

More
I have the nexus 6 XT1103 shamu
compilation number N6F27M
android 7.1.1
Which twrp can I install?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

android 7.1.1
15th October 2018, 11:41 PM |#1199  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uriel_zo

android 7.1.1

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

android 7.1.1

twrp for shamu 3.2.3.0
The Following User Says Thank You to AmirHRC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AmirHRC Ad-Free
13th November 2018, 04:17 AM |#1200  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Appreciate all the work that's gone into TWRP, do wish the original post could get updated with this known issue however, would have saved me considerable time.

Anyway in case it's helpful, for me (and as at least one other has noted) TWRP 3.2.3-0-shamu.img does not fix the can't decrypt/encryption issue with LOS 15.1.x. I just installed it with lineage-15.1-20181106-nightly-shamu-signed.zip. I tried my password, 'default_password', encrypting with no password, no dice.

However thanks to Lothsahn

Quote:

LOS did force encryption, so wiping userdata and flashing the update didn't work when I tried. It sounds like that may have changed recently based on the reddit posts. I have heard that if you install LOS14 first, and then upgrade to 15.1, it will work (and preserve encryption), but have not personally verified this..

I can confirm this workaround works, blow by blow is below, but tldr is:
Erase current encryption, install LOS 14 and boot to it, set your pin/pass to be used on startup, boot back to recovery entering pin/pass, do Advanced Wipe of the system/data/cache, install 15.1.x, boot LOS and specify previous pin/pass to use at startup, profit

Blow by blow:
I wiped data/removed current encryption done by LOS 15.1.x e.g.
Main TWRP menu Wipe
Chose Format Data and allowed to format
Returned to the previous menu, chose Advanced Wipe, selected the Cache and System partitions and wiped

Installed 14.1 specifically
lineage-14.1-20180324-microG-shamu.zip (which is what I use and happened to have around, I assume non microg LOS would work just fine)
Installed addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip
wipe cache/dalvik
reboot system

Once in OS do nothing more than set a pin to be asked for at startup enable developer options, advanced reboot and go to recovery
It accepts my pin and decrypts fine

Do Advanced Wipe of the /system /data /cache

Install lineage-15.1-20181106-nightly-shamu-signed.zip with gapps, addonsu, xposed
wipe cache/dalvik
booted to 15..1.x and specified current pre-existing pin to use for encryption on startup
Later changed it numerous times with no issue in TWRP

Since doing the above I've had no issues doing the normal things like backing up, restoring and so on.

Hope this helps someone else and thanks again to Lothsahn and others who've shared here.
30th March 2019, 08:41 PM |#1201  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
someone suffer something like this? when i make a backup of my stock rom in twrp 3.2.3.0, and then i restore it didnt boot. just stay in the bootlogo. so a i have to reinstall the firmware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)