FORUMS

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

880 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,036

By Elektroschmock, Recognized Developer on 1st March 2019, 12:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki.

Important Info
DON'T USE TWRP 3.0.2-0 OR OLDER WITH LINEAGEOS. IT DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY. USE VERSION 3.2.1.0 HERE
DON'T install the TWRP app as system app. Otherwise your device won't boot

Current lineage 16.0 shamu nightlies are based on the N6F27M October 2017 update from google.
So you should be using the radio and bootloader img from that update.
If you already have those you don't need to flash them again.
They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here.
Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.45+fsg-9625-02.117.img
bootloader-shamu-moto-apq8084-72.04.img

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR VERIZON USERS: Google released a separate October 2017 security update (NGI77B) just for verizon users that has a different radio. So you'll want to flash it. I repeat, THIS RADIO IS JUST FOR VERIZON USERS.

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.51+fsg-9625-02.118.img

You can use fastboot to flash the bootloader and radio.

More information and installation instructions can be found on the LineageOS wiki here.

Download Links
LineageOS: https://download.lineageos.org/shamu
Google apps: MindTheGapps

HEADS UP: When you initially install LineageOS, be sure you flash the gapps package with your ROM. If you boot your ROM, then go back and try to flash gapps after, you're gonna have a bad time.

SU addon zip: Addon Install zip / Addon Removal zip
NOTE: LineageOS does not come with root, so this is now provided for those that want it.
The install zip is a one time flash, like gapps.
Meaning, it persists when updating to a new LineageOS nightly.

Changelog

Builddate: 2019.03.01
Changes:
[new] Initial LineagOS 16.0 release

Known Issues:
[bug] Trusted voice is not working and probably never will
[bug] TWRP is not able do decrypt your data if you encrypted it with lineage-16.0
[bug] IMS is not working - if you need it you have to stay on lineage-15.1

You're also welcome to use npjohnson's personal builds, but these are experimental, and likely to destroy your data. These builds include GApps, and Pixel-Goodies, among other things -- you'll find no support for these, so please don't discuss these here.

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
Elektroschmock, Elektroschmock, npjohnson
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2019-03-01
Last Updated 2019-08-06
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to Elektroschmock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2019, 12:42 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Winnenden
Thanks Meter: 4,036

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Please read how to

- Properly report a bug: https://wiki.lineageos.org/bugreport-howto.html
- Capture a log https://wiki.lineageos.org/logcat.html
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Elektroschmock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2019, 01:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Clean flashed Lineage 16.0, Gapps 9.0 Mini, Magisk 18.0. I was not encrypted on LOS 15.1

Edit: Had a hiccup on the setup screen (phone froze). Restarted and all good.

Edit: Pixel Launcher doesn't seem work for me. Crashes every time going to home screen. Had to go to APKMIRROR and download latest version. Was working for 5 minutes or so, but now crashes again. Still messing with it.

Edit: Clean flashed a second time with 16, Gapps 9.0 FULL, and Magisk 18.0. Setup screen froze again. I'm gonna restore my 15.1 backup as I've run out of time to mess around.

FYI - I'm not looking for help.. just posting my experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mezerr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mezerr Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 02:32 PM |#4  
Flag in a cage
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Confirming everything is good here with 16.0.

I basically followed the steps on the LOS wiki (upgrading from 15.1, unencrypted, no wiping-data):

1. Format /system partition in TWRP
2. Sideload 16.0 ROM
3. Sideload Opengapps 9.0
4. Sideload Magisk
5. Reboot

Everything working.

Only thing I noticed (which may be just how Lineage OS is designed) was my homescreen setup was overwritten by the Lineage OS defaults so I had to set up widgets again.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wrsg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wrsg Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 02:34 PM |#5  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Great work bro as always @Electroshmock
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanabil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sanabil Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 02:36 PM |#6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,059

More
Just a small reminder, if a user is going to post about issues with the ROM, please attach logs for the OP to help look into the issue.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BIGWORM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BIGWORM Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 02:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi, I lost the /data partition (error: Failed to mount '/data' (Device or resource busy)), how to get it back?

Initially I had the latest 15.1, and did all instructions to my best understanding. All went well, but when I was ready to finally reboot, TWRP 3.2.1.0 said I have no OS installed. Then I formatted data, and the problems started.

EDIT: /data became OK after I rebooted to recovery. Now I installed again the same way, before final reboot TWRP said I have no OS installed. But I ignored that and rebooted. Now the system seems to work, at least I'm currently settings up the phone again.

But the question is: why does TWRP inform that I have no OS installed?? Any ideas?
1st March 2019, 03:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 282

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsg

Confirming everything is good here with 16.0.

I basically followed the steps on the LOS wiki (upgrading from 15.1, no wiping-data):

1. Format /system partition in TWRP
2. Sideload 16.0 ROM
3. Sideload Opengapps 9.0
4. Sideload Magisk
5. Reboot

Everything working.

Only thing I noticed (which may be just how Lineage OS is designed) was my homescreen setup was overwritten by the Lineage OS defaults so I had to set up widgets again.

This method worked for me as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to BootloopedMillennials For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BootloopedMillennials Ad-Free
1st March 2019, 03:09 PM |#9  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 849

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amroj

Hi, I lost the /data partition (error: Failed to mount '/data' (Device or resource busy)), how to get it back?

Initially I had the latest 15.1, and did all instructions to my best understanding. All went well, but when I was ready to finally reboot, TWRP 3.2.1.0 said I have no OS installed. Then I formatted data, and the problems started.

Probably need to add that to OP. You cannot be encrypted. Need to format (not wipe) user data partition in TWRP. You will lose everything there, so backup to PC or usb flash drive.
1st March 2019, 03:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
TWRP 3.2.1-0
data was formatted and encrypted with Lineage 14, upgraded to 15 and now 16.

Flashed LineageOS 16.0 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 18.1

After reboot: message from OS: your password is correct but the data is corrupted, factory reset is needed

Tried to reboot to TWRP: password not correct

Rebooted to OS and did factory reset: same message (password correct but data corrupted).

I have an offline backup on a PC with LineageOS 15 + data.

Wiping data does not help (same problem after reboot), I guess I have to format it.

Ideas ?
1st March 2019, 03:18 PM |#11  
Flag in a cage
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by everdium

TWRP 3.2.1-0
data was formatted and encrypted with Lineage 14, upgraded to 15 and now 16.

Flashed LineageOS 16.0 + MindTheGapps + Magisk 18.1

After reboot: message from OS: your password is correct but the data is corrupted, factory reset is needed

Tried to reboot to TWRP: password not correct

Rebooted to OS and did factory reset: same message (password correct but data corrupted).

I have an offline backup on a PC with LineageOS 15 + data.

Wiping data does not help (same problem after reboot), I guess I have to format it.

Ideas ?

sideload
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)