FORUMS

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

965 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,393

By Elektroschmock, Recognized Developer on 8th April 2020, 12:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki.

Recovery
The LineageOS 17.1 reovery is recommended
If you still want to use TWRP never install the TWRP app as system app. Otherwise your device won't boot

Current lineage 17.1 shamu nightlies are based on the N6F27M October 2017 update from google.
So you should be using the radio and bootloader img from that update.
Before you flash a bootloader or radio image please boot to bootloader and check what you have currently installed. You might already have the right one and don't need to flash it again.

They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here.
Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.45+fsg-9625-02.117.img
bootloader-shamu-moto-apq8084-72.04.img

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR VERIZON USERS: Google released a separate October 2017 security update (NGI77B) just for verizon users that has a different radio. So you'll want to flash it. I repeat, THIS RADIO IS JUST FOR VERIZON USERS.

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.51+fsg-9625-02.118.img

You can use fastboot to flash the bootloader and radio.

More information and installation instructions can be found on the LineageOS wiki here.

Download Links
LineageOS: https://download.lineageos.org/shamu
Google apps: Opengapps Use an ARM (not ARM64) package for Android 10

HEADS UP: When you initially install LineageOS, be sure you flash the gapps package with your ROM. If you boot your ROM, then go back and try to flash gapps after, you're gonna have a bad time.

Changelog

Builddate: 2020.05.29
Changes:
[new] May security updates
[fix] ULL audio fixes
[new] Add back serif fonts
[fix] Screen turning itself on when no lockscreen is set
[new] Etar calendar

Builddate: 2020.04.12
Changes:
[new] April security updates ROM & kernel

Builddate: 2020.04.08
Changes:
[new] Initial LineagOS 17.1 release

Known Issues:
[bug] Trusted voice is not working and probably never will
[bug] TWRP is not able do decrypt your data if you encrypted it with lineage-16.0
[bug] IMS is not working - if you need it you have to stay on lineage-15.1

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
Elektroschmock, elektroschmock, npjohnson
Source Code: http://github.com/lineagos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2020-04-08
Last Updated 2020-04-08
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Elektroschmock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2020, 12:01 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Winnenden

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
First build isn't out yet, but I don't want the LineageOS 16.0 thread to be spammed with 17.1 questions
Will waiting for the build you might want to read the Changlog for the first LineageOS 17.1 release:

Changelog 24
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elektroschmock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2020, 04:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Will there be a possibility to root?
The Following User Says Thank You to Eazy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eazy Ad-Free
8th April 2020, 05:03 PM |#4  
Flag Cary
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Should we wait for 17.1 to flash the radio and bootloader or can we do it now to get it out of the way?
What are the commands for flashing those two images?
8th April 2020, 05:11 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Thanks @Elektroschmock and @npjohnson for keeping the Nexus 6 alive in 2020.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BootloopedMillennials For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BootloopedMillennials Ad-Free
8th April 2020, 06:01 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Winnenden

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy

Will there be a possibility to root?

Yes you can use your root solution of choice.
Only thing coming with the ROM is adb root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbarron

Should we wait for 17.1 to flash the radio and bootloader or can we do it now to get it out of the way?
What are the commands for flashing those two images?

Actually you should already have those radio and bootloader images if you had the latest stock image installed at one point.

Commands are:

fastboot flash bootlader [name_of_the_bootloader_image]
and
fastboot flash radio [name_of_the_radio_image]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elektroschmock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2020, 07:28 PM |#7  
Flag Cary
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektroschmock

Actually you should already have those radio and bootloader images if you had the latest stock image installed at one point.

Commands are:

fastboot flash bootlader [name_of_the_bootloader_image]
and
fastboot flash radio [name_of_the_radio_image]

Actually, I've been running Lineage and CM before that since I brought the phone home. So there's no way I had the latest stock image installed ever.

Thanks, I'm all set
8th April 2020, 08:48 PM |#8  

More
Welp I did a stupid.

Flashed the new 17.1 recovery via fastboot. Then I tried to sideload via adb (based on the instructions) but Linux machine kept complaining about needs adb root. Tried with root permission nothing, Then came the stupid. Rebooted into recovery and tried to apply the update. Well that went how I expected, badly. Stuck on LOS loading screen.

Needed a fresh install anyway.

Stick to the instructions, guys.
8th April 2020, 09:40 PM |#9  
Flag clermont ferrand france
Thanks Meter: 225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootloopedMillennials

Welp I did a stupid.

Flashed the new 17.1 recovery via fastboot. Then I tried to sideload via adb (based on the instructions) but Linux machine kept complaining about needs adb root. Tried with root permission nothing, Then came the stupid. Rebooted into recovery and tried to apply the update. Well that went how I expected, badly. Stuck on LOS loading screen.

Needed a fresh install anyway.

Stick to the instructions, guys.

Hello you can flash twrp with your pc after boot in twrp flash 17.1 + gapps micro + magisk 20.4 + wipe data + wipe dalvik + wipe cache reboot and it work perfectly ! Ps no intall twrp app in twrp recovery before reboot or you have bootloop Cordialy

BIG THANKS @Elektroschmock very Nice work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xrenoix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xrenoix Ad-Free
8th April 2020, 10:36 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrenoix

Hello you can flash twrp with your pc after boot in twrp flash 17.1 + gapps micro + magisk 20.4 + wipe data + wipe dalvik + wipe cache reboot and it work perfectly ! Ps no intall twrp app in twrp recovery before reboot or you have bootloop Cordialy

BIG THANKS @Elektroschmock very Nice work

My system got corrupted by the previous process. So I had to do a fresh install.
9th April 2020, 12:19 AM |#11  
Flag clermont ferrand france
Thanks Meter: 225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootloopedMillennials

My system got corrupted by the previous process. So I had to do a fresh install.

Hello you have test wipe system with twrp ? Or test repair ? And use pico gapps for trébuchet launcher not work with mirco gapps but pixel launcher work 😉 !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)