FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

(MOD)Improve performance eliminate lag with CTTMod (updated 11/08)

2,537 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,092

By Robshr, Senior Member on 26th May 2016, 11:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Introducing the CTTMod
(cpu thermal throttling mod)
Most popular mod for the G3 & G4 now here for the Nexus
Remember always make a full nandroid backup before doing anything
I Am Not Responsible For Anything You Do To Your Device.
Please read entire op before asking questions

Rom & kernel developers please feel free to include in your work. Just please give proper credit thanks

Best used in conjunction with an over clocked kernel i.e. elemental x
Working to improve performance eliminate lag along with lowering the core temps allowing your phone to continue to run smoothly after long or heavy periods of use.
Thermal control works by throttling the CPU down to preset frequencies at preset temperatures and is also done in a preset # of steps. Thermals also monitor and play parts in controlling other components like the GPU, battery and a couple of other things.
First let me be clear about one thing
The CTTMod does not turn off thermal throttling. Now the trick of going into the hidden menu and turning thermal mitigation and thermal control on. That does turn off all thermal monitoring and control and I highly advise against ever doing it. You take a huge risk of frying your phone.

What I've done is changed the first frequency bump down of two in the little cluster and left the 2nd stock
And in the big cluster I changed the first and second frequency bump downs of three and left the third stock
I've also increased the temperature at which it resets by 5° in versions 4x
For more info on how thermal works along with how the governor affects performance you can check out my op for the CTTMod for the G3 here

Instructions

1: Do a full nandroid back up
2: Back up your thermal file which is in system/etc ( thermal-engine.conf )
3: Flash mod and wipe cache
4: Reboot
5: In your kernel control app like kernel auditor set your thermal driver to msm thermal or temperature limit SoC temperture limit depending on what you kernel offers
The idea in the above is to make the kernel use the system's stock thermal driver which is the one I modded
I personally also check all cores on
Finally enjoy
One final note this mod and xceed kernel do not work together as xceed has built in it's own thermal control. If you would like to use this mod with xceed kernel you would have to ask the developer of xceed to make a compatible version. Sorry out of my hands.

Please hit the thanks Button and give it a 5 star rating
The Following 99 Users Say Thank You to Robshr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robshr Ad-Free

26th May 2016, 11:49 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Allentown

Donate to Me
More
Downloads

AFH downloads:

CTTMod v-3.1

CTTMod-v4
Change log: increased when the CPU resets after it has reached it's max temp, upped from 55°c to 60°c

CTTMod v-4.1
Changelog: increased the frequency of the first bump down in the big cluster

CTTMod v-5
Changelog: Increased the temperature by 2° at which the CPU and GPU bumps down there frequencies (Left the last bump 2 bump downs stock)

CTTMod v-5.1
Changelog: increased the temps of the CPU and GPU first 2 bump downs. CPU now starts throttling at 48°c and GPU starts at 44°c

CTTMod V-6
Changelog: increased 2nd GPU frequency step down and the goal of the experimental part is to lower overall temps

CTTMod- v6.1 revised
Change log: Fixed smoothness and I also modified the thermal hot plugging
Giving the option to use the stock thermal hot plug and still reap the rewards of this mod (please Google or an xda search on hot plug/ing if you don't know what it is before asking)

CTTMod 6.2: Improved performance

* 6- for MM *
* 7+ for nougat only *

CTTMod-V-7 1 Nougat
Updated for the final version on nougat (plus some added improvements)
Fixed and reuploaded

CTTMod 7.2 Nougat
Improved performance

CTTMod 8 over clocked nougat
Increased both big and little clustered first bump down and the GPUs first bump down to increase performance on kernels that can be overclocked to at least 2ghz on the big cluster and 1.7 on the small cluster

CTTMod 8.1 over clocked nougat Increased first bump down on big and little clusters

CttMod-Oreo-stock kernel-v-1

CttMod-Oreo-over clocked kernel-v-1

Donations are welcome but not required
At least please hit the thanks button to show your appreciation
Thanks Rob
The Following 77 Users Say Thank You to Robshr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robshr Ad-Free
26th May 2016, 11:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Allentown

Donate to Me
More
Return to stock, pre-releases & governor settings
Return to stock-
Stock thermal

CTTMod 7.1.1 test version

Original thermals taken from the latest build of nitrogen ROM with there kernel

Go here for my CPU interactive governor settings for the best balance for performance and battery
I recommend elemental x kernel over clocked, I/o schedule to deadline and f sync off
Attached Files
File Type: zip nougat-7.1.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (126.5 KB, 102 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Robshr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robshr Ad-Free
27th May 2016, 01:08 AM |#4  
Flag Almere
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Flashed over RR's stock kernel will update
The Following User Says Thank You to inthedark22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inthedark22 Ad-Free
27th May 2016, 02:36 AM |#5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 19,005

Donate to Me
More
Added to Nexus 6P index thread:

[INDEX] Huawei Nexus 6P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
27th May 2016, 02:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 651

Donate to Me
More
Yay...never thought I'd see this on the 6p...loved it on my old g3...about to test it on Android N...will report back
27th May 2016, 02:42 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Allentown

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedTator

Yay...never thought I'd see this on the 6p...loved it on my old g3...about to test it on Android N...will report back

Thanks let me know what you think just remember this is my first official version more improvements to come
The Following User Says Thank You to Robshr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robshr Ad-Free
27th May 2016, 02:44 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshr

Thanks let me know what you think just remember this is my first official version more improvements to come

Everything flashed fine, what temp should I start to see it throttle now?
The Following User Says Thank You to BakedTator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BakedTator Ad-Free
27th May 2016, 02:50 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Allentown

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedTator

Everything flashed fine, what temp should I start to see it throttle now?

I haven't changed the temps on this version only the CPU frequency it throttles to, I'm in the process of testing the next version with different temps
The Nexus handles things a bit differently then the g3 so I'm still working things out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robshr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robshr Ad-Free
27th May 2016, 02:51 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshr

I haven't changed the temps on this version only the CPU frequency it throttles to, I'm in the process of testing the next version with different temps
The Nexus handles things a bit differently then the g3 so I'm still working things out

Good deal...even an extra 5 degrees would help...this phone throttles at a rather low temp...starts at 50c I think
27th May 2016, 08:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Great to see Robshr here. Loved your mod on my further g3 and g4. Throttling seems really to be a problem on this phone. So i gonna flash this and report.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)