FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 6P Thread

2,199 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,930

By WugFresh, Recognized Developer on 27th November 2015, 05:51 PM
View First Unread Post Reply Email Thread
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 131 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th November 2015, 05:51 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2015, 05:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 407

More
he's here! great to see you here man
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to opz187 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift opz187 Ad-Free
27th November 2015, 06:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Some people reported in another thread that they had bootloops with your tool working on the 6p. Have you solved the issues?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
27th November 2015, 07:25 PM |#5  
Flag Colfax
Thanks Meter: 366

Donate to Me
More
Glad to see you here, I have been doing everything manually, yours is the only toolkit Ive ever trusted Thanks for the support on this device!
27th November 2015, 07:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm going to try the ToolKit tonight. It looks great, thanks!
27th November 2015, 08:19 PM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 18,543

Donate to Me
More
Added to Nexus 6P index thread:

[INDEX] Huawei Nexus 6P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
27th November 2015, 10:23 PM |#8  
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,303

More
Used this for a long time with my Nexus 6. Just tried with my 6p. No problems at all. I used it to restore stock. Didn't use it to lock bootloader etc, but worked perfectly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2015, 10:36 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100

Some people reported in another thread that they had bootloops with your tool working on the 6p. Have you solved the issues?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

It's possible they used my tool when the device initially got listed (prematurely) and I had yet to upload all the root kernels I built for it yet (my fault). When rooting a marshmallow build by flashing SuperSU, if the user hasn't flashed a root kernel first they will bootloop. All files are now uploaded and masterlists are also updated, so there should be no issues (toolkit automatically flashes the root kernel).

When a root solution comes out that just uses a newer SuperSU zip and no need for a minimally modified root kernel, I will adopt that method and will be able to extend even more automated features.

Many 6P users have reported success with this recent release.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2015, 11:36 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 19,232

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

It's possible they used my tool when the device initially got listed (prematurely) and I had yet to upload all the root kernels I built for it yet (my fault). When rooting a marshmallow build by flashing SuperSU, if the user hasn't flashed a root kernel first they will bootloop. All files are now uploaded and masterlists are also updated, so there should be no issues (toolkit automatically flashes the root kernel).

When a root solution comes out that just uses a newer SuperSU zip and no need for a minimally modified root kernel, I will adopt that method and will be able to extend even more automated features.

Many 6P users have reported success with this recent release.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's perfect

Sent from my Nexus 6P, #WhiteUIsMustDie, #EndDarkAppOppression
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift micmars Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 02:15 AM |#11  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Atlast, the Wugs toolkit..
Good to see you buddy, really appreciate your work
The Following User Says Thank You to lovegambler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lovegambler Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)