[UPDATED 11-27-16][Stock modified boot.img for regular root/Android N decrypted boot

Search This thread

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
This is a stock boot.img I use where I edited ramdisk and sepolicy for regular root. I also changed force encryption to encryptable and permissive Enforcing

I will continue to post new boot.img each update here.

Downloads

NBF26f big thanks for the update was done by @googy_anas
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4yuQy7Zn1WSdTFCMEtRbXpSREE/view?usp=drivesdk

NBD91K
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862678470

NRD90U
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6DDdWOgUhVVMFpGTFlTQWVQOW8/view

@holla420 good looks on doing boot.img again.

NPD90G
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591023225178833

big shout out to my homie @holla420 for knocking out this boot.img for everyone.

NPD56N
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572369242686570

big shout out to my homie @holla420 for knocking out this boot.img for everyone

NPD35K
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4yuQy7Zn1WSQmdfZ3dNMW02Z3c/view?usp=drivesdk

Decrypted boot.IMG and no DM check for NPC91K
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4yuQy7Zn1WSVVJSbWpGaU1sTlU/view?usp=drivesdk

Decrypted boot.IMG for Android N build NPC56W
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4yuQy7Zn1WSZm11VE1KZmx3RG8/view?usp=sharing

Decrypted boot.IMG for Android N build inital release
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4VEhClrJEWpekpneFdUWkhBX1E/view

Big thanks to my good friend and co-dev @toknitup420 don't forget to thank him you see him around

Last edited:

toknitup420

Jan 8, 2011
boston
Because you don't have to rely on the generosity of someone modifying the boot image to accommodate the older method, thereby requiring only 1 recovery flash?
Why are you even in this thread if you have no interest in using traditional root. Stop trolling and leave the thread. If you don't want it, then don't use it. It's been posted for users that want traditional root and don't know how to mod their own boot.img. Also you're incorrect about the amount of flashing in recovery. You still only need to flash one zip. The SuperSU zip. The boot image gets flashed in fastboot. Soooooooo when you're updating to newest software from Google, you simply use this modded boot.img instead of the one from Google. So technically there are absolutely no extra steps taken in order to use this boot.img.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
Huh? No, really, I think I'm too old to be "trolling". Just curious to know if there are any potential advantages of the traditional method - not from a selfish perspective, but more out a, well, curiosity. Can we just keep this to the level of a civil "discussion"?

guitardedhero

Jan 17, 2012
Little Rock
Is this still Enforcing? Is it possible to get a stock or close to stock kernel that is Permissive for a project I'm working on? I just need a boot.img. Thanks!

Reactions: Tigerstown

freddienuxx

Dec 11, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Why are you even in this thread if you have no interest in using traditional root. Stop trolling and leave the thread. If you don't want it, then don't use it. It's been posted for users that want traditional root and don't know how to mod their own boot.img. Also you're incorrect about the amount of flashing in recovery. You still only need to flash one zip. The SuperSU zip. The boot image gets flashed in fastboot. Soooooooo when you're updating to newest software from Google, you simply use this modded boot.img instead of the one from Google. So technically there are absolutely no extra steps taken in order to use this boot.img.

I agree and thank you. as I am traditional root user. thank you for the boot img

Sent from my Nexus 9

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Eli5, What's the point of a normal root when you can just flash the systemless root and be done with it?
Why do you guys attack the above person for asking "explain like I am 5, why does anyone want this?"
what's the point of systemless root is what you should be asking yourself

Would it have been better if the question were phrased: "Why do you need a separate modified boot.img, when you can force system root using any SuperSU above 2.65? It will still patch the boot.img and disable "forceencrypt"?

So, I'll ask....why do you need a modified boot.img and SuperSU, if SuperSU 2.6x will *automatically modify the boot.img for you and can be installed as system or system-less via terminal commands? Is it because you are using the stock rom and SuperSU will not install as system root due to lack of space in /system?

Edit: *automatically modify boot.img when installing as system-less, OR can be forced to install as system root via terminal commands?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Why do you guys attack the above person for asking "explain like I am 5, why does anyone want this?"

Would it have been better if the question were phrased: "Why do you need a separate modified boot.img, when you can force system root using any SuperSU above 2.65? It will still patch the boot.img and disable "forceencrypt"?

So, I'll ask....why do you need a modified boot.img and SuperSU, if SuperSU 2.6x will *automatically modify the boot.img for you and can be installed as system or system-less via terminal commands? Is it because you are using the stock rom and SuperSU will not install as system root due to lack of space in /system?

Edit: *automatically modify boot.img when installing as system-less, OR can be forced to install as system root via terminal commands?

Why use the terminal cmd? I make this for myself. I posted for people that want it. If you don't want it or need it that is cool. I flash this when flashing factory imgs and I can reboot still decrypted then I boot to twrp flash SuperSU zip and I'm done. I'm not a fan of systemless root. Do you know why it was even created??

Touchmetallic

May 10, 2011
Hi,

Should I be using this file to update from MMB29P to MMB29Q and still maintain root?
I must flash the file through TWRP?

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Hi,

Should I be using this file to update from MMB29P to MMB29Q and still maintain root?
I must flash the file through TWRP?
you can use this as boot.img to update yes. But keep root no. You just need to flash factory imgs with this boot.img then boot up and boot to twrp flash SuperSU 2.67 and you will be updated with regular root.

Flash this boot.img thru fastboot just like you do factory imgs not via recovery.

Touchmetallic

May 10, 2011
you can use this as boot.img to update yes. But keep root no. You just need to flash factory imgs with this boot.img then boot up and boot to twrp flash SuperSU 2.67 and you will be updated with regular root.

Flash this boot.img thru fastboot just like you do factory imgs not via recovery.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry if this is a redundant question as I'm not an expert, but is there an easy way to update without losing root?

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry if this is a redundant question as I'm not an expert, but is there an easy way to update without losing root?
No need to be sorry it's all good... Unfortunately no. You can just flash SuperSU zip in twrp after updating to new factory imgs with this modified boot.img and your 100% rooted again.

Reactions: Touchmetallic

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Thanks for your reply.

I recommend not flashing the userdata.img as that will wipe your internal storage sense it's still 6.0.+ FYI but that's up to you and don't flash the recovery.img either in factory imgs cause that will replace your twrp with stock recovery

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Why use the terminal cmd? I make this for myself. I posted for people that want it. If you don't want it or need it that is cool. I flash this when flashing factory imgs and I can reboot still decrypted then I boot to twrp flash SuperSU zip and I'm done. I'm not a fan of systemless root. Do you know why it was even created??

Ahh I see. That makes sense given that you are decrypted. Appreciate that.

Having followed SuperSU threads since late November, seems like it was created to make accepting OTAs easier. That, or to work around the limits of Marshmallow and /system rom space. If not that, then no I don't.

Top Liked Posts