FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Announcement] TWRP 3.0.2-1 has a fatal bug! Do not backup or restore EFS on 3.0.2-1

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 77

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone! I bring news from the TWRP developers from the #TWRP IRC channel! TWRP 3.0.2-1 has a fatal bug! If you backup and restore EFS it will brick you! Do not backup and restore EFS on 3.0.2-1! Use 3.0.2-0 instead! This has already been fixed in the newer builds!

If you have been bricked you NEED to Erase the EFS partitions and that will fix it immediately.
For the Nexus 6P go to TWRP. Then on PC Open Command Prompt with access to ADB ( Android Debug Bridge) and execute the following commands:

ADB shell dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/modemst1 bs=16384

and

ADB shell dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/modemst2 bs=16384

This should fix it for ANY Nexus 6P users.

Users on other phones with the same problem await instructions!
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to bogomil4e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogomil4e Ad-Free

2nd September 2016, 12:24 AM |#2  
Between the planes.
Thanks Meter: 135

More
I fixed mine by restoring my EFS partition from a old backup and TWRP 3.0.2-0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiritBreak3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpiritBreak3r Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 12:24 AM |#3  
Flag 604
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Any word whether they'll release a 3.0.2-2 soon?
2nd September 2016, 12:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
I fastboot flashed 3.0.2-0 and my recovery wont start
2nd September 2016, 12:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3,363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArminasAnarion

Fastboot flash (or use Flashfire?) a Marshmallow vendor.img to get older versions of TWRP working on encrypted Nougat.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
2nd September 2016, 12:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Fastboot flash (or use Flashfire?) a Marshmallow vendor.img to get older versions of TWRP working on encrypted Nougat.

So I can flash MTC20F vendor through fastboot and Nougat will still run fine??

My phone isn't in boot loop btw; I am running stock Nougat. Just saw that 3.0.2-1 had issues
2nd September 2016, 12:46 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3,363

More
Quote:

So I can flash MTC20F vendor through fastboot and Nougat will still run fine??

No. You need the Nougat vendor.img installed to run 7.0 properly, which doesn't officially exist yet. There's a bit of a dilemma there obviously.

2nd September 2016, 12:51 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Haskovo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultyrunner

Any word whether they'll release a 3.0.2-2 soon?

No. TWRP team is not made of hundreds of people! You can count them on one hand AND they have other jobs and families.
Sadly that means that they cant work on it 24/7 and well just have to wait and see. All the devs told me was that a fix has been made and pushed soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bogomil4e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogomil4e Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 12:53 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Haskovo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritBreak3r

I fixed mine by restoring my EFS partition from a old backup and TWRP 3.0.2-0

That will work too and its basically the same thing. Our idea was to let the phone generate them again just to be safe for extra security as brand new perfect EFS partitions is better than old ones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogomil4e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogomil4e Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 12:54 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Haskovo

More
Quote:

Please try fastboot boot (path to recovery image here) and see if it boots. If it boots you can do any necessary changes and worry about flashing the recovery permanently later. As long as your phone boots correctly first!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogomil4e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogomil4e Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 01:14 AM |#11  
Flag 604
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogomil4e

No. TWRP team is not made of hundreds of people! You can count them on one hand AND they have other jobs and families.
Sadly that means that they cant work on it 24/7 and well just have to wait and see. All the devs told me was that a fix has been made and pushed soon.

Yeah, I know. A "no idea" would have been sufficient, instead of the unnecessary lecture about devs volunteering their time, which I understand very well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)