FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Buy now or wait?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Cenex22, Junior Member on 8th July 2016, 12:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This past weekend, my Verizon Galaxy S6 went for a swim. While it seems to have mostly recovered (besides my camera flash refusing to turn off), there is still the question of whether this incident will substantially shorten the life of my phone. I had decided that if my phone was fried, I would get a 6P. Now that I've thought about it, I can't get it out of my head, even though my S6 has a chance of survival. The thing is, I can't decide if I should just continue using my S6 (if it continues to function) and reevaluate after the new Nexus is launched, or just give in and get one now. Thoughts?
8th July 2016, 12:03 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3,222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenex22

This past weekend, my Verizon Galaxy S6 went for a swim. While it seems to have mostly recovered (besides my camera flash refusing to turn off), there is still the question of whether this incident will substantially shorten the life of my phone. I had decided that if my phone was fried, I would get a 6P. Now that I've thought about it, I can't get it out of my head, even though my S6 has a chance of survival. The thing is, I can't decide if I should just continue using my S6 (if it continues to function) and reevaluate after the new Nexus is launched, or just give in and get one now. Thoughts?

I'd say wait for the new Nexus if you have a device that still functions right now. Otherwise, go for it. It's a pretty good device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quasar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quasar Ad-Free
8th July 2016, 03:00 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Wait until next Nexus comes out. It's a matter few months. You can then decide if you still want 6P

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
8th July 2016, 03:29 AM |#4  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,079

More
Might as well wait till new ones arrive....
8th July 2016, 05:45 AM |#5  
Flag Nonthaburi / Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 334

More
Some website said both 2 Nexus phones would be made by HTC.
8th July 2016, 07:16 AM |#6  
Flag Wigan
Thanks Meter: 179

More
I only recently bought a 6P coming from a S6 & i'm more than happy with it, I won't be getting the HTC version this year as i see no point tbh as the 6P does everything i need it to & more besides, so going to keep hold of it until the 2017 Nexus which by then should be more than a decent upgrade to the current 6P.

The only phone that could possibly sway me this year if rumours are true is the Google Pixel Smartphone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ixon2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ixon2001 Ad-Free
9th July 2016, 04:19 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 493

More
Determine what's a bigger priority to you. If you can live with 5.5", get the new Nexus. I personally wouldn't want to drop to 5.5" having on-screen buttons. The supposed bottom-firing speakers are also a let-down. I only wish the 6P had OIS on the rear camera, otherwise this is really a phone that could be kept for a long time. Performance is perfectly fine on the 6P - it is somehow leagues faster than my S7E which has almost every piece of bloat disabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitemare3219 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nitemare3219 Ad-Free
9th July 2016, 09:35 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I went from Nexus 4 to Galaxy 6 on contract to get a new phone without $500+. I never got the memo on Samsung locking it up. It only allowed root and only early on. When I decided to sell it, it would not update and the USB cable would not stay attached long enough to flash it. I have been using a very bad ZTE phone from Walmart since selling the Galaxy. I have a 64gb Aluminium color 6P arriving Monday. I won't wait and am real upset about paying 509.99 when it was 419.99 for a few weeks and the 128gb was cheaper before that. I can take the beating, but it's going back for a refund if there are any issues.

Sent from my Z963VL using XDA-Developers mobile app
9th July 2016, 01:28 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,313

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenex22

I would say wait. Even though these Nexii from HTC are looking pretty pitiful - there is / was a rumor that Huawei was redoing the 6P with the SD 820 or better chip, so that's enough to wait on my end.
11th July 2016, 06:29 AM |#10  
Flag M.E.M.P.H.I.S.
Thanks Meter: 195

More
I almost pulled the trigger on buying a Nexus 6P. I don't think that I will be buying the HTC nexus when it comes out so I'm thinking about getting rid of my Note 5 to save some money on my phone bill
11th July 2016, 11:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz

I would say wait. Even though these Nexii from HTC are looking pretty pitiful - there is / was a rumor that Huawei was redoing the 6P with the SD 820 or better chip, so that's enough to wait on my end.

That sounds very interesting with an upgraded 6P. Would probably push the price down on the existing 6P as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)