FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Check your speakers!

287 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

By wazka2, Senior Member on 30th October 2015, 06:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just to make you all aware.
On my first 6p bottom speaker was noticeably more quiet. I thought its they way it has to be. Only when I got replacement I realised it must have been faulty. Now both speakers sound evenly and it is louder then previous one.

Something to look for when you get yours

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wazka2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wazka2 Ad-Free

30th October 2015, 06:41 PM |#2  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,366

More
Good tip!
30th October 2015, 06:42 PM |#3  
Flag usa
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Most people even get their phone yet.you already got a replaced one?!??!!
30th October 2015, 06:50 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullu

Most people even get their phone yet.you already got a replaced one?!??!!

I have ordered mine on the 1/10 from CPW. Got it this Monday. It had a small kind of dent in bottom back cover so got a replacement yesterday and now it has a pink tint on top.

Speakers are awesome though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Free mobile app
30th October 2015, 07:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Have the same issue on mine. The bottom speaker sounds noticeably muted compared to the top. It's really the only issue with this one so I'm worried about RMAing and getting something worse.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
30th October 2015, 07:17 PM |#6  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 217

More
The speakers too? OMG is there anything not being defective with this new phone? I keep reading people having issues with the display, speakers, body damage, there was even a report of a device shutting down on it's own and unable to boot completely...Is it the same with every Nexus launch? I can't remember reading about that many issues with the Nexus 6
30th October 2015, 07:24 PM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroopStormer

Have the same issue on mine. The bottom speaker sounds noticeably muted compared to the top. It's really the only issue with this one so I'm worried about RMAing and getting something worse.

Same here.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecata

The speakers too? OMG is there anything not being defective with this new phone? I keep reading people having issues with the display, speakers, body damage, there was even a report of a device shutting down on it's own and unable to boot completely...Is it the same with every Nexus launch? I can't remember reading about that many issues with the Nexus 6

Pretty much...second batch is usually better. Not sure when Huawei makes the phone though...
30th October 2015, 07:32 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecata

This is my 4th Nexus device. My Nexus 7 (2012) was perfect as far as I could tell but others experienced issues with theirs. My Nexus 7s (2013) all had phantom touch and random rebooting issues. I went through 5 RMAs before I cut my losses and sold the new one they sent me. My Nexus 5 was mostly fine a little bit of button rattling but other than that no issues and still going strong. Now onto my 6P with speaker issues. It's frustrating to go through this but I really love these devices and Google has great customer service. I just expect when I pay $500 for something that it will function properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to TroopStormer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TroopStormer Ad-Free
31st October 2015, 03:14 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Same issue here. Noticed something was off right away. First time I've had to RMA a Nexus device.
31st October 2015, 03:55 AM |#10  
Flag New Orleans, LA
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thanks for the heads up!

I tested my speakers and MAN I AM HAPPY!

I'm coming from the OG G2 and its the best phone on the planet (besides its 1 backside speaker)

So its like I went from last to first. I love how loud the 6p is.
31st October 2015, 04:20 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
One of first things I did when I got mines. The top speaker on mines sounded louder. So then I tried flipping the phone around and the now top speaker (which is the bottom speaker) sounded louder. So now I think mine are fine lol.

EDIT: I then tried covering each speaker with my finger and the top sounds louder. Honestly it does not sound any way to me though so dont think I will be RMA mine.

What I did notice, at full volume both seem to be the same....however at 50% or less the top seems a little louder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze876 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blaze876 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)