FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] Noob -Friendly Q&A Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

27,317 posts
Thanks Meter: 19,071

By Heisenberg, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st September 2015, 07:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
Specific to

Nexus 6P

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to thank an answer instead of posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to the Nexus 6P
List of supporters

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free

21st September 2015, 07:06 AM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door

Donate to Me
More
Reserved.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
21st September 2015, 10:23 AM |#3  
Seinegald
Thanks Meter: 367

More
will this device have a good dev. support like the nexus 5/6 of the 2014 ?
21st September 2015, 11:02 AM |#4  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leondestiny

will this device have a good dev. support like the nexus 5/6 of the 2014 ?

All Nexus devices have received fantastic dev support, I don't see why this would be any different.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 10:52 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Maybe not a noob question but looking at the past and devices with a sd810, what do you think... did Huawei solve te heat issue with their nexus phone? That is my biggest concern about it and camera hump will easy get cover by case, hopefully
24th September 2015, 08:31 AM |#6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 1,697

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantach

Maybe not a noob question but looking at the past and devices with a sd810, what do you think... did Huawei solve te heat issue with their nexus phone? That is my biggest concern about it and camera hump will easy get cover by case, hopefully

we wont be getting any answer until users will have this device in their own hands...

this is same story as the oneplus 2... they say its not gonna heat because of the lower core power combo with the sd810 but some users still experienced heat issues after using the device for some time...

so possible that the answer would ,, yes theres still heating up , or no its cool now...

so again we have to wait for the real world experience...
27th September 2015, 12:56 PM |#7  
Flag Rowlett, TX
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Will the USB Type C cable that comes with the phone work with my old USB chargers, external batteries, etc? Is the connection that doesn't plug into the phone a regular USB connection that will plug into my computer? I haven't been keeping up with the USB Type C stuff..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
27th September 2015, 01:37 PM |#8  
Flag Brookline, MA
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeissler

Will the USB Type C cable that comes with the phone work with my old USB chargers, external batteries, etc? Is the connection that doesn't plug into the phone a regular USB connection that will plug into my computer? I haven't been keeping up with the USB Type C stuff..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Your old USB chargers should work; the underlying USB standard's backward's compatible so it shouldn't have any problem drawing power from older USB chargers that supply the necessary voltage to the device. I have a OnePlus 2 and I'm able to use the accompanying cable with a variety of chargers.
29th September 2015, 12:56 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
any word on a CAT 6 modem for carrier aggregation ( especially on sprint/Fi)
29th September 2015, 08:32 PM |#10  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Just making sure, the phone works with Verizon, right? I know it has all the correct bands. I'll just pop in my SIM and be good to go?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
29th September 2015, 09:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
nano-SIM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, help thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)