FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WiFi showing "Connected, no Internet" with exclamation mark

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By chamsao, Junior Member on 12th November 2015, 10:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is anyone else having issues with the 6P or just Marshmallow in general of not being able to connect to any wifi?

12th November 2015, 11:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
think that means connected to network but no internet available
12th November 2015, 01:15 PM |#3  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Did you try connecting to a different Wifi network and see if you are having the same issue? I did not see an issue. Might be your router or modem is blocking internet access for your device.
13th November 2015, 02:33 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichu_9

Did you try connecting to a different Wifi network and see if you are having the same issue? I did not see an issue. Might be your router or modem is blocking internet access for your device.

Yes, I tried connecting to multiple wifi networks and it's showing the same thing: "connected, no internet". When I try with another device or laptop, it connects fine to all those wifi networks. It's just my Nexus 5 and 6P running Marshmallow.

I searched around and tried to use a static IP, also changed the frequency band from automatic to 2.4 GHz. Nothing works.
13th November 2015, 02:39 AM |#5  
Flag Atlanta

More
Go to Backup and reset and try a reset on network settings and see if that resolves the issue.
13th November 2015, 02:42 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
OK, this is interesting. I just found out from a colleague of mine (I'm currently traveling in China), that this is basically saying you are connected to the Internet, but just not to any of the Google services. I just checked and it seems everything pretty much works, except I can't access gmail, Facebook, etc. anything that's blocked by the Great Firewall of China.
13th November 2015, 02:51 AM |#7  
Flag Atlanta

More
Dial *#*#4636#*#* on your phone and select phone information & select run ping test and see if it pings google services. It should have been defaulted to Google, atleast it is on myn.
The Following User Says Thank You to chichu_9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chichu_9 Ad-Free
2nd December 2015, 03:17 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I'm running into the same issue, but I'm in the US. No WiFi network works. And I don't actually have internet.

The odd thing is all my other devices connect to the networks just fine.

I already tried resetting network settings, and rebooting in safe mode, to no avail. I even reset my router to stock and reconfigured.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2nd December 2015, 03:36 PM |#9  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicdub

I'm running into the same issue, but I'm in the US. No WiFi network works. And I don't actually have internet.

I already tried resetting network settings, and rebooting in safe mode, to no avail. I even reset my router to stock and reconfigured.

I have this - and I am in China. Still getting internet, just not the blocked services and data. I can get the google stuff with vpn, but the exclamation and wireless remains. Cheers.
21st December 2015, 03:36 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicdub

Yes, I'm having this issue with 6.0.1 a different nexus 6p. Wife's galaxy s6 connects to cable service WiFi but I get no internet. Doesn't even ask for password Ike hers does. She's run Ning 5.1.1. Anybody find a solution? Thx
21st December 2015, 08:45 AM |#11  
Flag Cambridge, UK
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Nexus 6 WiFi and Internet trouble too...

I have a rooted nexus 6.01 (rooted about a week ago), was working perfectly until last night...
I initially looked at Instagram and noticed pics were not loading... Other devices worked fine... Rebooted router...

Anyway... My phone has Internet atm but with exclamation mark next to WiFi. I get same problem with 2.5ghz and 5ghz.

Instagram not loading any pics
Facebook says no Internet
Google Play Store seems quite slow at loading pics
Strava not loading map pics
Imdb not loading pics

Basically... Apps seem to be having pic loading problems

Anyways... Technical info...

Virgin superhub 2, 5ghz, 200mbs
Nexus 6.01
Nexus 6 baseband: mdm9625_104662.22.05.31r
Kernel: 3.10.40-g557ba38
[email protected] #1
Wed Nov 4 00:29:43 utc 2015
TWRP 2.8.7.1

I use greenify, adblock plus, and phone profiles too, which have rooted system access

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thank you

Demon

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Oh bottom wrong nexus model... I'm sorry... Didn't notice 😢
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)