23,376 posts
Thanks Meter: 128,814

Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2015, 05:41 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Well, I don't know. I tried Marvel Future Fight, played for almost 5 hours straight with r4, not a single lock-up, freeze, anything.

I'll try Context of Champions now.

EDIT: it's working fine too.

Thanks bro, I will try marvel future fight and report back.. Haha 5hrs, are u addicted to the game now?

Edited : still getting hangs and auto close in future fight.. I am using chroma 10/12 rom r4 + 2.65

EDIT2 : seems like once it hangs, even after closing the game and reload, it keeps coming back within 5mins. Experienced hang at loading screening. Gonna reboot phone to see if it persist.

EDIT 3 : after reboot, hangs at loading screen after 30mins.. Completely random..

27th December 2015, 06:08 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I dont know if this is kernel related or not but i cant seem to get my wifi to turn off automatically when it goes to sleep. I have set it to be only active when charging when the phone goes to sleep. before it did function well but after flashing from r3 i have had this problem. updated to r4 and still the same. can anyone let me know if this is kernel related or not?
27th December 2015, 06:59 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Well, I don't know. I tried Marvel Future Fight, played for almost 5 hours straight with r4, not a single lock-up, freeze, anything.

I'll try Context of Champions now.

EDIT: it's working fine too.

Hmm I'm really not sure then. Forgot to mention I'm using the latest build of pure nexus too but the game works perfectly on stock and elemental kernel.
27th December 2015, 07:15 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Judging by everyone's posts.
I can just flash r4 followed by su 2.6.5?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
27th December 2015, 07:27 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnaye

Judging by everyone's posts.
I can just flash r4 followed by su 2.6.5?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's what I did. Works fine
The Following User Says Thank You to troymz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift troymz1 Ad-Free
Corndude
27th December 2015, 07:45 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Holy **** franco, 2 hours sot and I'm still at 85% battery.
27th December 2015, 09:15 AM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Sorry for the newb question. But I would definitely would like to try this kernel out and just had some questions.

I'm currently on supersu 2.61 (only for Android pay compatibility), chroma and lean kernel. Am I able to flash r4 with supersu 2.61? Or is that strictly for r3 and older? Also, if I can flash r4 can I just flash it straight up or should I flash unsu.zip and supersu 2.61 after?

Edit: flashed r4 fine, flashed unsu and supersu again to be safe. Thanks!
27th December 2015, 10:13 AM |#1008  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 1,480

Donate to Me
More
Finally unlocked bootloader.. Flashing R4

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Ok, first hurdle.. I unlocked bootloader, flashed TWRP and flashed Franco R4.. However I still can't get root access. Do I need to flash Systemless SuperSU after this? Changelog suggests I don't have to.
27th December 2015, 10:17 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulrulez

Finally unlocked bootloader.. Flashing R4

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Ok, first hurdle.. I unlocked bootloader, flashed TWRP and flashed Franco R4.. However I still can't get root access. Do I need to flash Systemless SuperSU after this? Changelog suggests I don't have to.

Yup,you only dont have to if you were rooted beforehand

Sent from my Nexus 6P
27th December 2015, 10:38 AM |#1010  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 1,480

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOuzzielOo

Yup,you only dont have to if you were rooted beforehand

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Thanks my friend Flashing root now.
27th December 2015, 10:53 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
WiFi issues with channels 12 & 13 (2.4 GHz)
Hello,

I noticed one annoying WiFi problem and, although it does not seem to be specific to FK, maybe someone here (? ) might offer some insight or even a solution.

First a bit of background: at home I have two APs, both with the same SSID and security, one on channel 4 and the other on channel 13. I only use the 2.4 GHz band due to the limited reach of the 5 GHz and those two channels are the least crowded in my area.

Normally the phone can change seamlessly between one AP and the other depending on the signal strength, as expected. However if I leave my place and the phone switches to the cellular data network, upon returning WiFi no longer sees channels 12 & 13. This means that the telephone connects to the AP on channel 4 and stays there even if when sitting less than 2 meters from the AP on channel 13. Incidentally, I am located in Europe and I have a European (Swiss) SIM in the phone: here are channels 12 & 13 perfectly legal and normally used. I am using stock 6.0.1 with FK R4, but I observed the issue also with R3 and with the stock kernel (with stock it seemed worse: often I had to reboot to recover the channels above 11, with FK disabling and re-enabling WiFi does the trick). Last but not least: the APs are fine. I have other 12 devices (of which 3 running Android 5.1.1 and three 6.0.1) using the same WLAN and they all work fine with both APs. I also tried swapping channels (the two APs have different hardware and firmware) and the problem is indeed the channel frequency.

I assume that the 6P's WiFi driver is at fault here and I also assume that this is a Qualcomm binary object (closed source), but maybe I'm wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea of a potential solution?

I temporarily moved the second AP to channel 11, of course, but there are other 10 APs on that channel...

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)