Thanks Meter: 129,615

Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2015, 04:51 PM |#101  
Flag Washington DC Metro area
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by __NBH__

Does the kernel control vibration for the finger print scanner? After flashing it no longer vibrates once for correct finger print or twice for incorrect.

I don't seem to be having this issue. My phone is still vibrating (correctly) when unlocking with the fingerprint scanner. Although perhaps it may not be as strong as before.

edit...yeah I believe the vibration may not be quite as strong as it was before.

9th December 2015, 04:55 PM |#102  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 220volt

Finally I have always run your kernel on my Nexus devices.
Will it possible to adjust the volume of the left and right speakers so that the volume will be equal?
I know it is possible with ElementalX

Stock volume is not equal? I admit I don't use the speakers that often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus620

Are you planning to build a kernel for the 5x?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Neps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrndSers-Rcng

Is it compatible with CM13 6.0.1?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Probably neps, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis13

Almost burst my eardrum.. Daem F, did you inject steroids in the sound drivers?!

Never thought I'd see the day but it is too loud on Bluetooth headset, lowest level is unbearable. Anyone else tried to listen to Spotify on a Bluetooth headset?

Heya I didn't touch anything sound related, it's all stock! I've used my Philips M2BT a lot lately when doing stuff around my room and I actually thought it wasn't THAT loud and those headphones are only 16ohm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSave

Great Kernel, as always
I have one question, Flashed cataclysm, Franco Kernel, SuperSU 2.61, xposed. Now I get 1555MHz cpu load all the time and battery drains fast
only powersave governor helps bit. all other governors just bump up CPU core 1 to 100%
any ideas?

Something is ****ing your device, it's not my Kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093

Just flashed r1 and so far battery life is much better than the stock kernel, great work!

Just a slightly OT question, I want to use Android Pay so I'm stock with systemless root and TWRP. I tried to use Kernel Auditor but it requires BusyBox which installs files to the system, is this safe to do or will it break Android Pay?

System-less root doesn't break Android Pay, you're safe to use it. Busybox on the other hand changes /system. Don't use it. You can tell Kernel Auditor dev to fix his app to stop using busybox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgear356

based on my usage, the big cores are not even on for my daily usage with gaming.. Would you be able go tweak it so that it will be turn on at a lower threshold?

Question: do you notice any lag when gaming? I told you, I ran several benchmarks, scores are unchanged vs stock so there's no performance regression when running demanding workloads. And how are you even checking if cores are on or off? Is it a reliable app?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2015, 04:59 PM |#103  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Does the kernel control vibration for the finger print scanner? After flashing it no longer vibrates once for correct finger print or twice for incorrect.

The vibrator driver is on the Kernel yes. My 6P vibrates correctly for fingerprint allow/incorrect. But I'm glad you mention this, I was waiting to see when someone noticed. I lowered the default vibrator value because it was unbearable to me. I'm glad to see after hundreds of flashes only 1-2 users noticed it so I might just increase it a little bit next release until we find a sweet spot for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2015, 05:04 PM |#104  
Flag Helsinki, Finland
Thanks Meter: 2,433

Donate to Me
More
I am actually on the same boat wit Franco. The stock vibrate is way too loud
The Following User Says Thank You to inffy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inffy Ad-Free
9th December 2015, 05:08 PM |#105  
Flag 300 meters from the Rhein
Thanks Meter: 9,705

More
Quote:

Heya I didn't touch anything sound related, it's all stock! I've used my Philips M2BT a lot lately when doing stuff around my room and I actually thought it wasn't THAT loud and those headphones are only 16ohm.

I assumed you wouldn't have. Odd, I'll investigate further. Maybe the old unpair & pair again will help. Right now so loud it's unusable! 😮
9th December 2015, 05:16 PM |#106  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis13

I assumed you wouldn't have. Odd, I'll investigate further. Maybe the old unpair & pair again will help. Right now so loud it's unusable!

Keep us posted
9th December 2015, 05:18 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

The vibrator driver is on the Kernel yes. My 6P vibrates correctly for fingerprint allow/incorrect. But I'm glad you mention this, I was waiting to see when someone noticed. I lowered the default vibrator value because it was unbearable to me. I'm glad to see after hundreds of flashes only 1-2 users noticed it so I might just increase it a little bit next release until we find a sweet spot for everyone.

Now I'm home I can feel it very slightly but when I was out and the wind was blowing I couldn't feel anything, I don't mind it being lower, I'm just used to my hand touching the phone by accident when it's in my pocket and I feel the double vibrate, now I don't feel anything.

The kernel is running great, amazing battery and it feels really snappy.
9th December 2015, 05:22 PM |#108  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Now I'm home I can feel it very slightly but when I was out and the wind was blowing I couldn't feel anything, I don't mind it being lower, I'm just used to my hand touching the phone by accident when it's in my pocket and I feel the double vibrate, now I don't feel anything.

The kernel is running great, amazing battery and it feels really snappy.

I'll add this interface to FKUpdater.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2015, 05:27 PM |#109  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 68

More
@franciscofranco thank you so f****** much! Only kernel I really care about is alive!
9th December 2015, 05:28 PM |#110  
Wish I Knew
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

will we be able to manually change this?
9th December 2015, 05:28 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 467

More
I thought I was going to stay completely stock, but now I have to give Franco kernel a go! Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ulver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ulver Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)