FORUMS

[KERNEL][N6P] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r77 - 7th December - Oreo & Pie

24,725 posts
Thanks Meter: 137,737
 
Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2016, 07:36 PM |#5001  
Sigray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
@franciscofranco
Is it recommended to use custom governors or better to stay your setting?
17th October 2016, 08:14 PM |#5002  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos
Thanks Meter: 137,737
 
Donate to Me
More
[KERNEL][N6P][ALL ROMS] franco.Kernel - r34
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniil.korshunov

Hej! Can someone help me? I'm using stock ROM with fk34 and I have 3h. SOT max, on full stock it was even worst...What can cause such battery life and what can help?



I don't see anything wrong. Your usage is probably just heavy. You can try power saving perf profile and see if it helps mitigating your usage power requirements.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2016, 08:14 PM |#5003  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos
Thanks Meter: 137,737
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigray

@franciscofranco
Is it recommended to use custom governors or better to stay your setting?



I don't have custom governors in FK.
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2016, 08:19 PM |#5004  
Sigray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I don't have custom governors in FK.

I know. No built-in, but it is possible with another kernel manager. I bought yours anyway.
My question is : is it worth to use customs ( eg. Rezero, excalibur, etc) or better to stay your optimized setup? Thx
17th October 2016, 08:22 PM |#5005  
mitchdickson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 969
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigray

I know. No built-in, but it is possible with another kernel manager. I bought yours anyway.
My question is : is it worth to use customs ( eg. Rezero, excalibur, etc) or better to stay your optimized setup? Thx

These are not custom governors. They are interactive governor profiles.
17th October 2016, 08:23 PM |#5006  
Sigray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchdickson

These are not custom governors. They are interactive governor profiles.

Yes. You are right.
17th October 2016, 08:58 PM |#5007  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos
Thanks Meter: 137,737
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigray

I know. No built-in, but it is possible with another kernel manager. I bought yours anyway.
My question is : is it worth to use customs ( eg. Rezero, excalibur, etc) or better to stay your optimized setup? Thx



You're free to try some profiles, but then you're on your own
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2016, 09:00 PM |#5008  
Sigray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

You're free to try some profiles, but then you're on your own

I think I understand.
18th October 2016, 02:01 AM |#5009  
aeppacher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 787
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

nanohub_wakelock_read is part of the motion sensor chip driver on the Kernel. That part is 100% stock so it's irrelevant being r31 or stock. I can add a way to prevent the wakelock from being acquired, but I can't promise everything that's sensor sensitive will work just the same with that wakelock prevented.

Could you add a toggle to the app to prevent this wakelock from being acquired. It is always my number one kernel wakelock by a large margin, not sure why motion sensor is so active. I have tried locking rotation and disabling ambient display and it doesn't change a thing
18th October 2016, 03:05 AM |#5010  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos
Thanks Meter: 137,737
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeppacher

Could you add a toggle to the app to prevent this wakelock from being acquired. It is always my number one kernel wakelock by a large margin, not sure why motion sensor is so active. I have tried locking rotation and disabling ambient display and it doesn't change a thing

I was afraid someone asked me for that, but yeah I'll do it, but it'll come enabled by default.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2016, 03:40 AM |#5011  
aeppacher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 787
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I was afraid someone asked me for that, but yeah I'll do it, but it'll come enabled by default.

If you add this I will send you a donation next paycheck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes