23,376 posts
Thanks Meter: 128,810

Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2018, 12:18 PM |#7321  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Hey Franco,

Is there a reason may security patch love is absent?

Max

18th May 2018, 04:55 AM |#7322  
Thanks Meter: 1,329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxie85

Hey Franco,

Is there a reason may security patch love is absent?

Max

Google just published the May security patch 2 days ago and I assume Franco has a life outside of Android kernels, other more popular devices to support, or whatever. Pestering him for an update won't make it come any faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Face_Plant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Face_Plant Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 11:13 AM |#7323  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does my device need to be rooted?
18th May 2018, 02:06 PM |#7324  
Flag Groningen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant

Google just published the May security patch 2 days ago and I assume Franco has a life outside of Android kernels, other more popular devices to support, or whatever. Pestering him for an update won't make it come any faster.

I thought they were released earlier.

Pestering is not my intent. I was just curious, there is a difference. That's also why I asked about a reason instead of a when. And I think as a long term supporter of his work I'm allowed to ask a question once a while.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by frreak

Does my device need to be rooted?

You can install the kernel from TWRP and it will function fine without root.

If you want to use the functionality from the kernel manager, like night shift, you need root.
18th May 2018, 09:09 PM |#7325  
Thanks Meter: 1,329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxie85

I thought they were released earlier.

Google posted the May security patch for supported devices on May 7th, but pulled the update for the 6P an hour or two later. They finally officially released the update for the 6P on May 15th. The reason for this is unknown.

For the past few months they've been posting two different builds for the 6P, but this month they only posted one. I suspect there were some bugs as a result of merging the two builds, so the update was pulled to fix them. This is just speculation, so there's a chance I'm completely wrong. We'll probably never know...
19th May 2018, 07:25 AM |#7326  
Flag Groningen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant

Google posted the May security patch for supported devices on May 7th, but pulled the update for the 6P an hour or two later. They finally officially released the update for the 6P on May 15th. The reason for this is unknown.

For the past few months they've been posting two different builds for the 6P, but this month they only posted one. I suspect there were some bugs as a result of merging the two builds, so the update was pulled to fix them. This is just speculation, so there's a chance I'm completely wrong. We'll probably never know...

Ah that it was pulled I didn't know.
Maybe I missed it due to all the announcements from Google I/O.
21st May 2018, 05:29 AM |#7327  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatix

There's double tap to wake already, maybe that will do for you?

I know thanks, but i was wondering if it will be implemented in future updates ... That would be great

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)