FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][N6P] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r74 - 7th August - Oreo

23,479 posts
Thanks Meter: 129,620
 
Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2018, 12:18 PM |#7321  
Senior Member
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Hey Franco,

Is there a reason may security patch love is absent?

Max
 
 
18th May 2018, 04:55 AM |#7322  
Face_Plant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxie85

Hey Franco,

Is there a reason may security patch love is absent?

Max

Google just published the May security patch 2 days ago and I assume Franco has a life outside of Android kernels, other more popular devices to support, or whatever. Pestering him for an update won't make it come any faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Face_Plant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Face_Plant Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 11:13 AM |#7323  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does my device need to be rooted?
18th May 2018, 02:06 PM |#7324  
Senior Member
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant

Google just published the May security patch 2 days ago and I assume Franco has a life outside of Android kernels, other more popular devices to support, or whatever. Pestering him for an update won't make it come any faster.

I thought they were released earlier.

Pestering is not my intent. I was just curious, there is a difference. That's also why I asked about a reason instead of a when. And I think as a long term supporter of his work I'm allowed to ask a question once a while.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by frreak

Does my device need to be rooted?

You can install the kernel from TWRP and it will function fine without root.

If you want to use the functionality from the kernel manager, like night shift, you need root.
18th May 2018, 09:09 PM |#7325  
Face_Plant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxie85

I thought they were released earlier.

Google posted the May security patch for supported devices on May 7th, but pulled the update for the 6P an hour or two later. They finally officially released the update for the 6P on May 15th. The reason for this is unknown.

For the past few months they've been posting two different builds for the 6P, but this month they only posted one. I suspect there were some bugs as a result of merging the two builds, so the update was pulled to fix them. This is just speculation, so there's a chance I'm completely wrong. We'll probably never know...
19th May 2018, 07:25 AM |#7326  
Senior Member
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant

Google posted the May security patch for supported devices on May 7th, but pulled the update for the 6P an hour or two later. They finally officially released the update for the 6P on May 15th. The reason for this is unknown.

For the past few months they've been posting two different builds for the 6P, but this month they only posted one. I suspect there were some bugs as a result of merging the two builds, so the update was pulled to fix them. This is just speculation, so there's a chance I'm completely wrong. We'll probably never know...

Ah that it was pulled I didn't know.
Maybe I missed it due to all the announcements from Google I/O.
21st May 2018, 05:29 AM |#7327  
kherboucha's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 35
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatix

There's double tap to wake already, maybe that will do for you?

I know thanks, but i was wondering if it will be implemented in future updates ... That would be great

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
5th June 2018, 12:26 PM |#7328  
Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Hello,
I've been using this kernel for 2 months, but I always had problems with that the cpu tab in battery tabs was always on "applied" and wouldn't return to normal when I restored.
I've flashed back the stock kernel (flashed boot.img, then I updated my device with the latest full OTA) , uninstalled the app but it's still slow, so I installed the app again and it still said "applied".
How can I fix this? I might sell the device so I won't go back to Franco Kernel.
5th June 2018, 05:01 PM |#7329  
mbc663's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,363
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziedje

Hello,
I've been using this kernel for 2 months, but I always had problems with that the cpu tab in battery tabs was always on "applied" and wouldn't return to normal when I restored.
I've flashed back the stock kernel (flashed boot.img, then I updated my device with the latest full OTA) , uninstalled the app but it's still slow, so I installed the app again and it still said "applied".
How can I fix this? I might sell the device so I won't go back to Franco Kernel.

Sounds like it might be thermal throttling. does your phone get really hot? original battery?
6th June 2018, 07:32 PM |#7330  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thanks Franco for your work! I was having some issues with battery life on vanilla AOSP, switched to lineage and kept having my battery drain overnight. With your kernel and naptime I noticed a huge improvement!
10th June 2018, 03:29 PM |#7331  
Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc663

Sounds like it might be thermal throttling. does your phone get really hot? original battery?

I have a dbrand skin + Spigen rubber case. Sometimes when I'm out on a hot day the screen is indeed hot but this rarely happens. The issue with "25% CPU applied at boot" is an issue I've seen in other Franco Kernel threads on XDA. I thought that reverting to the stock kernel would fix this but unfortunately it's still slow. It is the original battery.

Also when I installed Franco kernel, my phone would often shut down when the battery was 20% or lower (rarely survived when 15% and under). This only happened once many months ago with the stock kernel. Since reverting back to the stock kernel, the issue hasn't occurred yet. (battery life did suffer but was expected)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes