Thanks Meter: 129,620

Post Reply Email Thread
10th June 2018, 03:29 PM |#7331  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc663

Sounds like it might be thermal throttling. does your phone get really hot? original battery?

I have a dbrand skin + Spigen rubber case. Sometimes when I'm out on a hot day the screen is indeed hot but this rarely happens. The issue with "25% CPU applied at boot" is an issue I've seen in other Franco Kernel threads on XDA. I thought that reverting to the stock kernel would fix this but unfortunately it's still slow. It is the original battery.

Also when I installed Franco kernel, my phone would often shut down when the battery was 20% or lower (rarely survived when 15% and under). This only happened once many months ago with the stock kernel. Since reverting back to the stock kernel, the issue hasn't occurred yet. (battery life did suffer but was expected)

15th June 2018, 04:59 AM |#7332  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
r72 is out! Auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz or get the zips from the OP!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2018, 11:31 PM |#7333  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks, looks good!
19th June 2018, 03:15 AM |#7334  
Thanks Meter: 423

Donate to Me
More
Hola. :)
On latest 72 in Franco manager I can only see little cluster
The big isn't here
Just Wana report that in case it can be useful
Have a great day ^_^
19th June 2018, 09:57 AM |#7335  
Thanks Meter: 640

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infus38

Hola.
On latest 72 in Franco manager I can only see little cluster
The big isn't here
Just Wana report that in case it can be useful
Have a great day ^_^

The big cluster is disabled when the device is too hot. AFAIK the kernel manager hides the big cluster when it's disabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to aureljared For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aureljared Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 11:39 AM |#7336  
Thanks Meter: 423

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureljared

The big cluster is disabled when the device is too hot. AFAIK the kernel manager hides the big cluster when it's disabled.

Ok :eek: didn't know that
Thanks for answered me ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to infus38 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift infus38 Ad-Free
23rd June 2018, 09:39 PM |#7337  
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruplezone

That doesn't make it dead at all

can't speak for everyone but i just don't feel the need to edit any settings. I use this for night light, capping max frequencies so i don't get early shutdowns when opening camera, and have tried out double tap to wake (disabled now since it burns battery in my experience.)

Still lot's of use and love just not for that specific feature

Hello, Can you please describe how is Night Light compared to Pixel implementation (or OG Nexus one) and what caps have you made to avoid as much as possible sudden death ?

Thanks
11th July 2018, 03:08 AM |#7338  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Is there any setting I can use to reduce the temps, I would really appreciate it as my phone gets too hot after light use and affects my battery. What kernel manager would you recommend and any specific settings I can tweak ? I understand it's different with different users and usage but I would just like to get a feel from you guys as I haven't flashed a kernel in a while. Currently on AICP ROM. Thanks !
14th July 2018, 07:13 PM |#7339  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Any chance you could toss MPTCP into this kernel? I am trying to find a kernel for the 6P with this, i have a usecase for it at work and would love if you could consider it. More info is available on their site. https://multipath-tcp.org/pmwiki.php/Users/Android Thanks for reading.
19th July 2018, 04:25 AM |#7340  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Yeah I have no clue at all, sorry.

((((
7th August 2018, 07:30 PM |#7341  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Hey all! As maybe some of you know I got married at the start of July so of course Android went to the sidelines. Now that I'm back let's catch up and have some fun together! r74 is out with August security patches. And you know it, you can auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz

I hope ya'll doing great 🤩
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)