24,717 posts
Thanks Meter: 137,510

Post Reply Email Thread
16th September 2019, 12:38 AM |#7411  
Thanks Meter: 6,588

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroshadi

Anyone know alternative kernel for Pixel experience with September 2019 security patch?

There are none.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawlrus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lawlrus Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 01:56 AM |#7412  
Thanks Meter: 952

More
Just wanted to report that I've been using the latest version of this kernel (8.1 r77) on AICP Pie rom and been having no problems. The key was to use it in permissive mode. In enforcing mode I got random reboots but in permissive mode I haven't had a random reboot yet and its been about a week. Of course, my phone is not as secure now, lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lughnasadh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lughnasadh Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 09:37 AM |#7413  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I don't know if this will help any but james franco your a legend man, I remember your kernel paved the way for my interest in android customization and roms when I got my very first real device which was the Samsung Galaxy S2 and boy did it show how much work you put into that kernel, I think you loved that phone as well. Anyway just wanna say Nexus 6P is like another Galaxy S2 for me a special phone with special needs so if theres any chance you can work out a new version of the kernel for android 9.0 or even 10, there are people who will deffinitly enjoy it!
17th October 2019, 12:19 PM |#7414  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZeR369

I don't know if this will help any but james franco your a legend man, I remember your kernel paved the way for my interest in android customization and roms when I got my very first real device which was the Samsung Galaxy S2 and boy did it show how much work you put into that kernel, I think you loved that phone as well. Anyway just wanna say Nexus 6P is like another Galaxy S2 for me a special phone with special needs so if theres any chance you can work out a new version of the kernel for android 9.0 or even 10, there are people who will deffinitly enjoy it!

James Franco is a kinda stupid funny actor. Francisco Franco is who created this kernel. Just FYI on your name mishap in post. 😱😉
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)