[ROM][angler][10.0.0_r40] AOSP 10.0 [2020/07/05]

Search This thread

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer
68747470733a2f2f73746f726167652e676f6f676c65617069732e636f6d2f677765622d756e69626c6f672d7075626c6973682d70726f642f696d616765732f496e2d6c696e65496d6167655f31353030783835302e6d61782d3130303078313030302e6a7067

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

What's AOSP?
AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.

What's Working:
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS

Important Info:
To flash this rom you need TWRP 3.3.1.0 or newer.

Make sure you have the vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed, from the stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image.
They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here. Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:
vendor, radio, bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286833
The vendor img is flashable with twrp or fastboot. For the radio and bootloader img, use fastboot.

Instructions:
If updating from a previous AOSP-10 build, follow the steps below:
  1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above.
  2. Boot into TWRP.
  3. Flash the ROM zip.
  4. Reboot & enjoy.

Note: if you previously flashed gapps and/or the su addon, there's no need to flash them again. They will be automatically re-installed during rom zip installation.

If coming from a different ROM:
  1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above. also make sure you have the newest twrp, linked above.
  2. Boot into TWRP.
  3. Wipe system & data & cache partitions.
  4. Format data.
  5. Flash rom & GApps & su zips (GApps & su zips are optional).
  6. Reboot & enjoy.

Note:
If your phone suffers from the bootloop issue, download the BLOD patch and install it via TWRP (4 Core) after flashing the ROM .

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP 10.0.0, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
PixelBoot
Source Code: https://android.googlesource.com/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-15
Last Updated 2020-07-19

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer
Install Instructions

• Grab our recovery from the OP Post section and install it.
    Through TWRP Recovery:
    Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
    Through Fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
    Through TWRP Recovery:
    Wipe > Format data
    Through Fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.

Last edited:

Rodeze

Apr 15, 2020
Probably a noob question, but how do I know if I have the bootloader, vendor and radio installed? And if they're installed (which I don't know) and I flash the ones linked above, would it cause any issues to my phone?

New here btw, thank you very much!

CityHunter004

Apr 19, 2018
Probably a noob question, but how do I know if I have the bootloader, vendor and radio installed? And if they're installed (which I don't know) and I flash the ones linked above, would it cause any issues to my phone?

New here btw, thank you very much!

It will not cause any issues

daigoro64

May 5, 2008
::1

Bootloader and radio are installed for sure by default. You can check their versions starting the device to bootloader.
If there is a Vendor mismatch is show to you as soon as you enter the home.

IcerJo

May 24, 2010
Houston
I just wanted to chime in and Say thank you @PixelBoot! Also does anyone have a recommended stock like Gaaps that replaces all default apps with their Google counterpart?

zzitam

Feb 18, 2019
I hope there's anybody can help me. I wiped system & data & cache, then flashed the rom. As TWRP said - successfully. While trying to boot the system I saw the message that there is "no OS installed". I tried to boot it anyway and it worked. System booted normally, but it's looking very old fashioned. According to system information in the menu it is android 10 aosp. I realized there is no gapps so I wanted to install them. And here my problem starts - while trying to open TWRP from bootloader by choosing 'Recovery mode' it every time boots the system instead TWRP.

yourrealking

Jun 28, 2014
1. It seems the official TWRP 3.1.1.0 does not work, and one must use the "FBE" version. Otherwise it will not boot and the recovery cannot decrypt the storage.
2. After each startup, recovery becomes inaccessible. Trying to boot to recovery just boots to the system instead. I had to re-flash the recovery each time.
3. Background music slightly stutters when other sound clip starts to play (for example, a button sound effect in an app) or the screen rotates.
4. Some useful LineageOS features are not present, such as: double-tap to wake, ADB over Wi-Fi, volume button reorient when rotating, scramble number positions for lock screen PIN input, power button long-press for torch.
5. Auto-brightness seems often suddenly to make the screen too dim.
6. Fingerprint sensor is a lot less sensitive than the stock or LineageOS.

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer
1. It seems the official TWRP 3.1.1.0 does not work, and one must use the "FBE" version. Otherwise it will not boot and the recovery cannot decrypt the storage.
2. After each startup, recovery becomes inaccessible. Trying to boot to recovery just boots to the system instead. I had to re-flash the recovery each time.
3. Background music slightly stutters when other sound clip starts to play (for example, a button sound effect in an app) or the screen rotates.
4. Some useful LineageOS features are not present, such as: double-tap to wake, ADB over Wi-Fi, volume button reorient when rotating, scramble number positions for lock screen PIN input, power button long-press for torch.

Here is my takes on these "issues":
1. I have linked the recovery which works in the OP thread both for 4 core and 8 core users. Don't see the reason of flashing the recovery from the TWRP website.
2. Yes. I have noticed this. It is an inconvenient bug, but since recovery isn't used too much, we'll have to deal with this minor issue.
3. Logcat would be appreciated if sent while listening to the music.
4. I'm not sure if you are aware that the reason behind this ROM is for the simplicity and stock AOSP. This is not about being feature packed, but is supposed to simulate a newer version for the Nexus 6P's previous firmwares.
5. This setting is set to the default one of AOSP. No modifications were set unlike that of LineageOS.
6. This should be more or less the same as the experience found on LineageOS as the device tree is very similar.

yourrealking

Jun 28, 2014
1. I just happened to already have the official 3.1.1.0 installed before installing this ROM. I read the description and thought that since my version was already 3.1.1.0, I did not have to install a new TWRP. This caused me a lot of problems (wasted time waiting it for to boot, lost all files on the Data, because I had to re-flash the stock ROM). I wrote this to help other users so that the may not experience the same thing I had.

3. I have tried Google Music and another third-party music player and the symptom was the same, so I thought it was a known issue. Anyway, this is not really a big issue, just a small stuttering, and I have disabled screen rotation. I just wrote that to help others to know about it before they decide to move to this ROM.

4. Yeah, I know. I did not write that to complain, or force you to implement those, but as other things, I wrote that to help others to decide before installing. Because changing ROM is a big and time-consuming thing, so it is good to know what it can do and what it cannot do before doing it.

5. I see. I could find a workaround, like creating an app that can modify the dimming degree, or disable auto-brightness.

6. This is strange. I can definitely feel big difference. I had been using LineageOS, and most of the time, I used the fingerprint sensor to turn on the phone instead of pressing the power button. Well, this is not a deal-breaker. I just have to put my finger one or two more times or wait one more second till it gets unlocked.

Thanks for the ROM. So far, for me, the feature I can get from Android 10 outweighs the downsides above. I had been stuck at Android 8 for over two years, and it was boring.

ZedAz

Account currently disabled
Jul 25, 2013
GB
Can’t modify the system in any way e.g copying Pixel Launcher to system
Is this because of data encryption?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    68747470733a2f2f73746f726167652e676f6f676c65617069732e636f6d2f677765622d756e69626c6f672d7075626c6973682d70726f642f696d616765732f496e2d6c696e65496d6167655f31353030783835302e6d61782d3130303078313030302e6a7067

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

What's AOSP?
    AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.

What's Working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

Important Info:
    To flash this rom you need TWRP 3.3.1.0 or newer.

Make sure you have the vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed, from the stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image.
    They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here. Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:
    vendor, radio, bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286833
    The vendor img is flashable with twrp or fastboot. For the radio and bootloader img, use fastboot.

Instructions:
    If updating from a previous AOSP-10 build, follow the steps below:
    1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. Flash the ROM zip.
    4. Reboot & enjoy.

Note: if you previously flashed gapps and/or the su addon, there's no need to flash them again. They will be automatically re-installed during rom zip installation.

If coming from a different ROM:
    1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above. also make sure you have the newest twrp, linked above.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. Wipe system & data & cache partitions.
    4. Format data.
    5. Flash rom & GApps & su zips (GApps & su zips are optional).
    6. Reboot & enjoy.

Note:
    If your phone suffers from the bootloop issue, download the BLOD patch and install it via TWRP (4 Core) after flashing the ROM .

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP 10.0.0, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://android.googlesource.com/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-15
    Last Updated 2020-07-19
    Changelog

AOSP-10.0 2020705
    • July Security Patch
    Install Instructions

• Grab our recovery from the OP Post section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.

Here is my takes on these "issues":
    1. I have linked the recovery which works in the OP thread both for 4 core and 8 core users. Don't see the reason of flashing the recovery from the TWRP website.
    2. Yes. I have noticed this. It is an inconvenient bug, but since recovery isn't used too much, we'll have to deal with this minor issue.
    3. Logcat would be appreciated if sent while listening to the music.
    4. I'm not sure if you are aware that the reason behind this ROM is for the simplicity and stock AOSP. This is not about being feature packed, but is supposed to simulate a newer version for the Nexus 6P's previous firmwares.
    5. This setting is set to the default one of AOSP. No modifications were set unlike that of LineageOS.
    6. This should be more or less the same as the experience found on LineageOS as the device tree is very similar.
    if I am doing a clean install is it necessary to flash Gapps ?

No. You can either flash or not flash GApps.