FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 6P (angler)

2,820 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,902

By razorloves, Senior Member on 12th November 2016, 05:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2017, 02:22 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanschke

sure that su is removed? i have used your latest unofficial build. flash the experimental build for upgrade and after that flash the nightly to remove the watermark and got the su option available.

I think if you clean flash you will lose Su.

24th January 2017, 02:33 PM |#1002  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefferbp

Worst case scenario you can use Magisk. I have working AP with it.

Can you walk me through the process you used to get Magisk working? I tried it a dozen times, reading everything I could find, but it would not work for me - kept crashing.
PM to avoid thread clutter?
24th January 2017, 03:30 PM |#1003  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 11,902

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by relevant_placeholder

I've clean flashed the other day and later on received notification that update is available. It downloaded and I've installed it. The release is same as the one originally flashed, they even have same build time in build prop. Is this expected, any reasoning behind this?

There's only one nightly available so I don't know what's up with your updater. I haven't seen any other mentions of it. Maybe it's a bug and it see's already installed nightlies as a new update? It got a ton of code changes in the past week or two, and this is the first day with the very first nightly, so bugs wouldn't be a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanschke

sure that su is removed? i have used your latest unofficial build. flash the experimental build for upgrade and after that flash the nightly to remove the watermark and got the su option available.

The "root access" option is still there in developer option because "adb only" is still a choice. With su now being removed, you shouldn't see an option for "apps only" or "adb and apps". Unless of course you previously installed supersu or phh superuser, in which case you might still have all the root options
The Following User Says Thank You to razorloves For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razorloves Ad-Free
24th January 2017, 04:14 PM |#1004  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves

There's only one nightly available so I don't know what's up with your updater. I haven't seen any other mentions of it. Maybe it's a bug and it see's already installed nightlies as a new update? It got a ton of code changes in the past week or two, and this is the first day with the very first nightly, so bugs wouldn't be a surprise.

The "root access" option is still there in developer option because "adb only" is still a choice. With su now being removed, you shouldn't see an option for "apps only" or "adb and apps". Unless of course you previously installed supersu or phh superuser, in which case you might still have all the root options

I have this twrp error when flashing phh's superuser zip....I searched the thread but didn't find any solution. I read something about the bootimage and stuff, and for n6p there isn't rooted image in the website for latest build.

What sort of error is this? Is this because of the unofficial twrp I use?
PS: I tried 4-5 zips including latest one labelled just superuser.zip . All show same error ' ERROR 1'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-24-03-39-16.png
Views:	374
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	4015344  
24th January 2017, 04:53 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobInToto

I have this twrp error when flashing phh's superuser zip....I searched the thread but didn't find any solution. I read something about the bootimage and stuff, and for n6p there isn't rooted image in the website for latest build.

What sort of error is this? Is this because of the unofficial twrp I use?
PS: I tried 4-5 zips including latest one labelled just superuser.zip . All show same error ' ERROR 1'

Error 1 in TWRP means no more space in system partition AFAIK. Are you using a clean or dirty flash of the ROM?
24th January 2017, 04:57 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
[QUOTE=razorloves;70706749]There's only one nightly available so I don't know what's up with your updater. I haven't seen any other mentions of it. Maybe it's a bug and it see's already installed nightlies as a new update? It got a ton of code changes in the past week or two, and this is the first day with the very first nightly, so bugs wouldn't be a surprise.

I also had this pop up after I did a clean install. Not a big deal tho just swiped and ignored. Sobfar clean install of official is running awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to Kewbla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kewbla Ad-Free
24th January 2017, 05:42 PM |#1007  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Just for the sake of information, I also received a notification of a new update available today.

Flashed yesterday from unofficial -> experimental -> 20170123-nightly
The Following User Says Thank You to Apoena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Apoena Ad-Free
24th January 2017, 06:15 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by relevant_placeholder

@razorloves, I've clean flashed the other day and later on received notification that update is available. It downloaded and I've installed it.

The release is same as the one originally flashed, they even have same build time in build prop. Is this expected, any reasoning behind this?

Same here

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk
24th January 2017, 07:52 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbread1611

I'm currently on the 7.1.1 Dev Preview and have this issue where my bluetooth connection to my car head unit breaks off every few seconds. Does anyone know if this bug also happens in this ROM?

Please someone know if this bug was solved. I'm currently on 6.0.1 and I waiting for update.
24th January 2017, 07:55 PM |#1010  
Flag Vorarlberg
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Works fine now with my head unit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gingerbread1611 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gingerbread1611 Ad-Free
24th January 2017, 07:58 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
i flashed the image files the latst nightly and the micro gapps provided. however when i get a call the dialer does not show up....if i press the volume button ( i assigned it like that) it will work and i can answer the call, other than that it doesnt work. no notification comes up in the notification shade nor no pop up comes on the screen. Please fix. i re flashed the gapps still the same problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)