FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 6P (angler)

588 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,094

By PixelBoot, Recognized Developer on 30th November 2019, 09:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important Info:
To flash this rom you need TWRP 3.3.1.0 or newer.

Make sure you have the vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed, from the stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image.
They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here. Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:
vendor, radio, bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286833
The vendor img is flashable with twrp or fastboot. For the radio and bootloader img, use fastboot.

Instructions:
If updating from an unofficial lineage-17.1 build, follow the steps below:
  1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above.
  2. Boot into TWRP.
  3. Flash the ROM zip.
  4. Reboot & enjoy.

NOTE: if you previously flashed gapps and/or the su addon, there's no need to flash them again. They will be automatically re-installed during rom zip installation.

If coming from a different ROM:
  1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above. also make sure you have the newest twrp, linked above.
  2. Boot into TWRP.
  3. Wipe system & data & cache partitions.
  4. Format data.
  5. Flash rom & GApps & su zips (GApps & su zips are optional).
  6. Reboot & enjoy.

For more info or more detailed instructions, visit our wiki here.

Downloads:
Reporting Bugs:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
PixelBoot
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-11-30
Last Updated 2020-01-14
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to PixelBoot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2019, 09:21 AM |#2  
Install Instructions
  • Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
    Through TWRP Recovery:
    Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
    Through Fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
    Through TWRP Recovery:
    Wipe > Format data
    Through Fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PixelBoot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2019, 09:21 AM |#3  
Peripherals
FBE Recovery: TWRP
FBE Recovery (4 Core): TWRP
BLOD Patch (4 Core): boot.img
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to PixelBoot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2019, 09:55 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Another android 10 ROM for Angler . And this time it's Lineage 17 which is the best ROM I've used so far . Can't thank you much for your work ! ❣️
30th November 2019, 11:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Wow, this is fantastic, thank you @PixelBoot! I'll be upgrading from LOS 15.1 to this, but I'm having trouble locating Gapps for Android 10. Otherwise, I think I'm all set to flash and start testing!
1st December 2019, 05:30 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 706

More
Thank you @PixelBoot for keeping your word. I will flash it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkerr

Wow, this is fantastic, thank you @PixelBoot! I'll be upgrading from LOS 15.1 to this, but I'm having trouble locating Gapps for Android 10. Otherwise, I think I'm all set to flash and start testing!

OpenGApps Android 10 beta builds are available at:

ARM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ope...iles/arm/beta/
ARM64: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ope...es/arm64/beta/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 12:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
😍😍
1st December 2019, 02:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
rom runs smooth , no issues so far
1st December 2019, 04:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityHunter004

Does gcam and GPS work?
2nd December 2019, 03:03 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufy1000

Does gcam and GPS work?

Also curious.
2nd December 2019, 05:31 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityHunter004

OpenGapps worked for you ? In my case , only BitGapps worked otherwise it goes to bootloader after Google logo .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)