Community development strength

Search This thread

hutzdani

May 9, 2010
London
That was actually the main criteria that made me buy this device, which didn't have the best perf/price ratio.
And now I'm not seeing so much skilled devs or ROM for the device so that's actually scaring me a bit. Could be due to holidays or because N was released but not all of its sour ce code.
For all the rest (incl. stock ROM..) I'm very pleased.

What ? there are tonnes of well known dev's supporting the 6P, the thing is people just don't crack flash as much as they used to and with the decline of CM and Paranoid and the rise of Xposed there is little reason to flash or build fully tricked out roms.

Reactions: DroidBlaze

oussamalabbize

Feb 11, 2014
Algiers
What ? there are tonnes of well known dev's supporting the 6P, the thing is people just don't crack flash as much as they used to and with the decline of CM and Paranoid and the rise of Xposed there is little reason to flash or build fully tricked out roms.

Nevermind, he's french, always complaining, that's what french people do ! :p (Humour hein)

SixFootPigeon

Sep 21, 2012
This is one of the best phones I have ever owned. I am definitely a power user and my only real complaint is the lower battery life than I would like. Then again the only phone to ever satisfy me was a droid turbo with a 2 day battery life. So all things considered this is a wonderful choice for a power user.
The community is wonderful, definitely one of the best. But I do miss the days of my Galaxy Nexus when I had access to multiple different OS's like putting Ubuntu, Palm, Ubuntu Touch, and stuff like that. It was never functional but the community had a lot of options even if you just wanted to try them for a day. By contrast most of the great stuff here is Stock or based on Stock. And thats wonderful don't get me wrong, they do great work I just miss the flashoholic rush I used to get.

tl;dr Great phone for power user. Highly rated community. Maybe consider waiting to at least see what the next Nexus (Pixel) phone will be like first, allegedly releasing on October 5th.

Top Liked Posts