FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD/THEME] NMF26F | Various Framework-res Accent Colors

2,591 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,782

By sharkie405, Senior Member on 9th December 2016, 06:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Framework-Res Colors

These are for Nexus 6P running build NMF26F ONLY.
These are not full-blown themes. I've just changed the four accent color values.
These four accent color values change the color of things like the Setting icons, volume sliders, various radio buttons, the wait/loading circle, the app drawer quick-scroll button and Search text (if you're using the Pixel Launcher and probably the Google Launcher), toggle switches, and a few other things.

Zips Contain:
- framework-res.apk with the following mods:
  • Your chosen accent color
    • Blue (I realize there are already blue versions floating around. It just felt weird not to include what is a lot of people preferred color.)
    • Red
    • Purple
    • Green
    • Yellow/Orange (I'd originally made two, but I could hardly tell the difference. I can make a darker more distinct orange if anybody wants that. Let me know.)
    • Pink
    • Cyan
  • Dynamic Navbar
  • Navbar set at 33dpi height (smaller than stock)

Credit
@gerard_f - I reversed engineered, so to speak, his framework-res.apk, and from there discovered where to change the accent colors.
@idid idamrep - Dynamic Navbar how-to

How To
Using apktool, or a similar piece of software, go to /res/values/colors.xml
Find these lines:
Code:
    <color name="accent_device_default_700">#ffdb1b1e</color>
    <color name="accent_device_default_light">#fff85a5c</color>
    <color name="accent_device_default_dark">#ffb1070a</color>
    <color name="accent_device_default_50">#ffe6a0a1</color>
default_700 - I believe this is what is used for the settings icons, for example.
default_light - I'm not sure where this is used.
default_dark - I believe this is used for the volume sliders, for example.
default_50 - this is used as the background for the toggle switches, for example.

- Change the values to whatever colors you'd like.
- There are many other values you can change. I've only listed the values that I changed.
- You can get color codes from plenty of websites. I use this one.

Can I please make more with different colors?
Maybe, but don't hold me to that. There are millions of colors in the spectrum and I can't realistically make every color someone could possible want.
I will say this... If I get enough request for the same color(ish), I will make one with that color(ish).
If you request a color, the ideal thing would be for you to provide me with an exact color code.
Red, for example, can mean one of hundreds of red variations. I can't possibly know what "red" looks like in your mind.

Green | Yellow | Pink | Cyan

Purple | Red | Blue

Please hit the "Thanks" button if you download and rock one of these apks. It only takes half a second.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to sharkie405 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sharkie405 Ad-Free
9th December 2016, 10:16 AM |#2  
Flag North East
Thanks Meter: 1,437

More
very cool

Other than the stock blue, the red looks best.

Thanks for this work. If I decide to flash one of the zips included, I'll check back.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheetzie03 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sheetzie03 Ad-Free
9th December 2016, 12:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Tried the red, looks great. Could we have red with stock height nav bar or a little bigger at least... fatfingers
9th December 2016, 01:49 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Earth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arronmini

Tried the red, looks great. Could we have red with stock height nav bar or a little bigger at least... fatfingers

Don't forget to hit "Thanks," please and thank you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharkie405 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sharkie405 Ad-Free
10th December 2016, 08:46 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Is there anyway to make it work with official 7.1.1 NMF26O?
10th December 2016, 10:35 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 4,805

Donate to Me
More
@sharkie405
I've tried "Red accents" with "Digital High ROM" and really it's look amazing..
You're awesome man...
The Following User Says Thank You to mukesh22584 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mukesh22584 Ad-Free
10th December 2016, 03:23 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Earth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by penciluser

Is there anyway to make it work with official 7.1.1 NMF26O?

If you post your framework-res.apk, I'll make one for you. Let me know which color you want.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkie405 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sharkie405 Ad-Free
10th December 2016, 04:18 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie405

If you post your framework-res.apk, I'll make one for you. Let me know which color you want.

I would like blue.

I uploaded it since I can't upload through XDA because of the 20mb file size limit

https://mega.nz/#!ltAxVayR!PE_uFxNGO...DL7c7FpkBErbVk
10th December 2016, 05:01 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Earth

More
Quote:

I would like blue.

I uploaded it since I can't upload through XDA because of the 20mb file size limit

Give me a few hours and I'll have it done for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkie405 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sharkie405 Ad-Free
10th December 2016, 08:11 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Earth

More
Quote:

I would like blue.

Here you go! Let me know that it works.
I would highly recommend you have a full back-up ready just in case something goes wrong as I am unable to test this zip. It should be perfectly fine, but stranger things have been known to happened.
I assumed you wanted the 33dpi navbar as well; however, if you discover that you hate it, let me know and I'll make a normal height navbar for you.

I'd rather you not share it with others in your Pixel community. Instead, direct them to this post, or this thread so they can discover how to design theirs themselves. Thank you.

FOR PIXEL PHONES (NOT SURE WHICH ONE) ONLY. DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE A NEXUS 6P OR ANY OTHER PHONE.
13th December 2016, 08:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Stupid question: how did you get your changes to SystemUI and Framework-Res to stick? I tried modifying SystemUI using apktool and baksmali and I can't seem to get my modifications to work correctly, and I end up having to restore to a backup because if I flash back to stock SystemUI the app keeps crashing upon reboot. Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)