FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO] 04-07-2014 - Update your N7 LTE with OTA zip file - 4.4.3 -

3,452 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,854

By philos64, Senior Member on 5th July 2014, 12:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
You want to update your device, you have the OTA zipfile, but you don't know how to use it, you don't want to bricked your device!
That's why I've wrote this guide. I'm not the writer, just an adaptor for xda member

By downloading, flashing these files and use this guide you agree to the following:
Quote:

• Your warranty is now void.
  • We are NOT responsible for bricked devices, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this guide before use it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, I will laugh at you with all of my teeth.
  • Support is limited. I do this as a hobby in our free time. I'll do my best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have, what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for me to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever we will ignore your issue

Before to flash or use fastboot lines command, you need to read quietly this guide. Download all files in one folder (it's easier to find all files in the same folder).

Prerequisite: Your Nexus 7 LTE should be running Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) or (KVT49L -for Verizon). You will not lose your data using this method
Step 1.
  • Download the update zip
  • Charge your Nexus 7 to at least 60% battery level
  • Don't forget to enable USB debugging
  • Don't forget - Backup your tab’s storage,
  • you can choose to change the file’s name to ‘update.zip’. take care
  • Be sure to read the instructions and carry on...

Step 2.
  • Reboot your Nexus 7 LTE and hold the Vol+Down button while it's booting up.
  • Once you see the fastboot menu and the word Start, press Vol+Up a few times until you see Recovery and then press the Power button to enter recovery
  • You will see an Android with a red exclamation point.if you have stock recovery
  • Now press Vol+Up+Power together, and you should see the menu below:

• Select the 2nd option called apply update from adb.

Step 3.
  • Connect your Nexus 7 LTE to your computer with your USB cable.
  • Place the update.zip package from Google in the Android SDK/platform-tools folder on your computer, but do not unzip it. And open up a command prompt
  • (cmd in Windows)
  • (regular shell in Linux and Mac) in the same directory as the zip file.
  • and type
Code:
adb sideload <the name of the zip file that you've done>.zip
if you have changed the name of the update file to ‘update.zip’, then enter: adb sideload update.zip

You should see the progress bar go up to 100%, like so:
Quote:

sending: 'sideload' 100%

At this point, the device should have started installing the update 4.4.3 OTA

Step 4.
Reboot - you're done.
Enjoy Android 4.4.3 on your Nexus 7 LTE... we just need to waiting the next release for KK4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift philos64 Ad-Free
5th July 2014, 12:48 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere in Brittany

More
Just in case
Reserved for me
5th July 2014, 09:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is this zip compatible with TWRP? I tried flashing the zip but it failed, and I did verify the md5 checksum was correct.
5th July 2014, 03:18 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere in Brittany

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizpanick

Is this zip compatible with TWRP? I tried flashing the zip but it failed, and I did verify the md5 checksum was correct.

I've tried before to install my OTA update and the install is failed. I'm with TWRP also
That's why I'll edit my OP without this process. I have rename the zip file to update.zip
For info I have this result:

Code:
- verifying current system
"/system/bin/debuggerd" has unexpected contents
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/update.zip
Error flashing sip '/sdcard/update.zip
Updating partition details
So if you haven't received the OTA update for 4.4.3, use the adb sideload process.
5th July 2014, 08:41 PM |#5  

More
So I tired with the adb sideload process, and still get the same failure:

"/system/bin/app_process" has unexpected contents.
E: Error executing updater binary in zip "/data/media" (looks like it cuts off at this point)

Since I have TWRP, I used adb sideload by going to Advanced ->Adb sodeload and then swiping to turn on adb sideload. My ADB version is 1.0.31, and the file did copy succesfully.

EDIT: Maybe this doesn't work for me because I'm stock rooted?
9th July 2014, 06:33 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizpanick

So I tired with the adb sideload process, and still get the same failure:

"/system/bin/app_process" has unexpected contents.
E: Error executing updater binary in zip "/data/media" (looks like it cuts off at this point)

Since I have TWRP, I used adb sideload by going to Advanced ->Adb sodeload and then swiping to turn on adb sideload. My ADB version is 1.0.31, and the file did copy succesfully.

EDIT: Maybe this doesn't work for me because I'm stock rooted?

I haven't been able to get this to install either. Does root or custom recovery cause the installation to fail?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
9th July 2014, 11:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
i am getting a status 7 error in /tmp/update.zip

help?
10th July 2014, 07:36 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere in Brittany

More
I don't know exactly what is the problem. I've used this process for updating my N7.
After the flash with adb sideload, I am back completely stock, unlocked, rooted but stock recovery, not twrp.

Sent from my N7 LTE from XDA Assist and use TapatalkPro
10th July 2014, 09:08 AM |#9  

More
So I found out why I was getting my particular error and it was because I had Xposed framework installed. I uninstalled that and was able to flash the OTA. However, I lost root, but kept TWRP. So I flashed the updated SuperSU.zip (http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358555830) and I had root back. Re-installed Xposed Framework and now everything is updated and working
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hizpanick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hizpanick Ad-Free
11th July 2014, 01:12 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
So you got the update to flash in twrp?

I uninstalled xposed and it still doesn't work with stock recovery and kernel. Got too much setup to redo it all

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
11th July 2014, 09:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
worked for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
guide, kk 443, ota update n7 lte

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)