This was just about a direct copy of the ROM here I created due to the dev including opengapps in his builds: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-7-2013/orig-development/p-aosp-n-7-0-google-shame-t3448008
They are no longer doing that, so I am focusing on contributing to that. The v0.6 build there is equivalent and a bit better than the v0.6.1 build here. Just use their's. (Leaving the links here for now, but really don't use them. )
Full credit to @DevSwift1 for all his work on this thus far. (and the other contributors listed below). Seriously, the work they have done is a thing of beauty and I'm only doing this out of necessity of doing the right thing. (I'd rather not be, but I said I would and it may be fun.)
Camera and video recording
- very poor 1080p video recording quality
- Google seems to think you are using a 2012 N7. I pulled part of the fix for that since it was only part and broke the build. It should be worked out next build. (or, the next build)
You can dirty flash, but you may need to uninstall and re-install any Google Apps you installed from the Play Store.
- Uses kernel that is not vulnerable to CVE-2016-2059. (@zaclimon's with @DevSwift1's patches to compile it on GCC 4.9. The stock N7 kernel was never vulnerable to that CVE and neither was that one which isn't heavily modified from it.)
- Updated to Android-7.0.0_r6, NRD90U, Sept 6, 2016 Security Patch. (I think r4 was actually the security patch. Not sure if there is more in r6.)
- Note that this is missing the fix for CVE-2016-2059 which was part of the Sept Security Update, but resides in the kernel which isn't part of the AOSP build. I'm fixing that and will have an updated ROM or flashable kernel soon. (Hopefully. Building the kernel is new to me)
- Fork of DevSwift1's V0.5 with Gapps removed.
- Location Services works with wifi
Very Unsupported, experimental Download for Deb
This builds correctly from my fork of Devswift1's stuff which included Deb. I have no idea if it works.
v0.6.1 (Just the new Kernel for CVE-2016-2059)
V0.X (it should be about v0.6 if it works. Same sources except the parts that are different between the devices.)
Get Gapps from here: (The Micro Edition is the largest that will install due to size constraints on the System partition.)