* Your warranty is now void. * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-16.0 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.2. Simply flash the linked below version 3.2 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.
Q: I am seeing Error 70 when trying to flash a GApps package.
A: This is due to the system partition being too small to fit both the rom and the GApps package. You need to re-partition it with a tool such as the one created by Clamor (linked below). You will only need to do this once.
Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
A: Not before all the issues listed under "Bugs" below are fixed.
Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.
Q: What will some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
A: The following technical changes will take effect:
- Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
- Phone status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
- The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.
Note: Each official build will be cooked and released by LineageOS on their schedule and only if no major unexpected bug is introduced into the source code. The developers will announce if and when their source code will be submitted to Lineage for official support and when we can expect to see the first official builds.
Q: How often will new builds be released?
A: About once a week for both deb and flo, as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged, and of course whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.
[REPARTITION] Nexus 7 (2013) Repartition [FLO/DEB] [16GB/32GB] [UA TWRP]
- LTE: deb
- Wi-Fi: flo
1. Move any files you want to keep to your computer or flash drive via a USB OTG cable – ! Or you will lose them !
2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
3. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up and Power button until you see TWRP's splash screen),
4. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
5. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
6. Back to Main start screen,
7. Wipe > Format Data,
8. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
9. Go Back to Main Start Screen,
10. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
11. Install > select a zip file to flash (optionally, Add More Zips > select another zip file to flash),
11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
12. Reboot System! Enjoy!
Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.
1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.
* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.
* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.
- NFC has been disabled temporarily to prevent excessive battery drain.
- You tell us!
All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.
- Every open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for deb and flo.
- deb device tree
- flo device tree
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)
ripee, followmsi, flex1911, Clamor
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: System partition large enough to accommodate the rom and GApps.
Current Stable Version: 9
Stable Release Date: 2019-06-16
Last Updated 2019-06-20