[ROM][DISCONTINUED][9] LineageOS 16.0 [deb][flo]

Search This thread

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
android-p-logo.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
* [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-16.0 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.2. Simply flash the linked below version 3.2 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: I am seeing Error 7 when trying to flash a GApps package.
A: This is due to the system partition being too small to fit both the rom and the GApps package. You need to re-partition it with a tool such as the one created by Clamor (linked below). You will only need to do this once.

Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
A: Not before all the issues listed under "Bugs" below are fixed.
Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: What will some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
A: The following technical changes will take effect:
- Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
- Phone status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
- The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.
Note: Each official build will be cooked and released by LineageOS on their schedule and only if no major unexpected bug is introduced into the source code. The developers will announce if and when their source code will be submitted to Lineage for official support and when we can expect to see the first official builds.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
A: About once a week for both deb and flo, as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged, and of course whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

[REPARTITION] Nexus 7 (2013) Repartition [FLO/DEB] [16GB/32GB] [UA TWRP]

ROMs
pitrus-
- LTE: deb
- Wi-Fi: flo

LineageOS Extras
- addonsu-16.0-arm-signed.zip
- addonsu-remove-16.0-arm-signed.zip

Magisk

Open GApps

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
1. Move any files you want to keep to your computer or flash drive via a USB OTG cable – ! Or you will lose them !
2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
3. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up and Power button until you see TWRP's splash screen),
4. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
5. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
6. Back to Main start screen,
7. Wipe > Format Data,
8. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
9. Go Back to Main Start Screen,
10. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
11. Install > select a zip file to flash (optionally, Add More Zips > select another zip file to flash),
11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
- Encryption does not work at all. Upon encrypting your tablet, you will be unable to reboot into System. This is a bug in all AOSP-based custom Pie roms for deb and flo.
- You tell us!

Changelog
All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
- Every open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for deb and flo.

Sources
- deb device tree
- flo device tree
- kernel
- blobs

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
ripee, followmsi, pitrus-, flex1911, Clamor
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: System partition large enough to accommodate the rom and GApps.

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 9
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-11

Created 2019-02-22
Last Updated 2019-11-10

Last edited:

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Is this the same ROM you can find in followmsi androidfilehost directory?

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289297

Yesterday I try the Ressurection Remix 7.0
Everything works fine.

But in Kodi i cannot use the h264 hardware decoder.
Have this Rom the same issue?

Since the sources I linked are followmsi's, yes this is the same rom, but built more recently to take advantage of the lineage commits added since followmsi's last build. Because of this, it will have the same h.264 bug in Kodi.

yourrealking

Jun 28, 2014
To a person who has installed this ROM, I have one question. If the orientation is locked to Landscape, when you turn on the screen, does the screen start from landscape mode, or does it start from portrait mode and quickly rotates to landscape mode?

It does not happen on the official LOS 14.1, but it did happen with unofficial LOS 15.1. This rotation is problematic, because it often causes a significant delay when I turn on the screen, depending on the app I had been using.

Last edited:

amityg

To a person who has installed this ROM, I have one question. If the orientation is locked to Landscape, when you turn on the screen, does the screen start from landscape mode, or does it start from portrait mode and quickly rotates to landscape mode?

It does not happen on the official LOS 14.1, but it did happen with unofficial LOS 15.1. This rotation is problematic, because it often causes a significant delay when I turn on the screen, depending on the app I had been using.
Hello, my lock screen will be temporarily displayed in portrait then rotates to landscape.

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
Quick question. A full data wipe? As in a full data partition wipe including rom backups, pictures, videos, personal files? Cant say I have ever hear of a rom requesting this and I have been flashing roms for a decade. Perhaps I am missing something. Is this only the first time I flash and then a dirty flash for daily builds?

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Quick question. A full data wipe? As in a full data partition wipe including rom backups, pictures, videos, personal files? Cant say I have ever hear of a rom requesting this and I have been flashing roms for a decade. Perhaps I am missing something. Is this only the first time I flash and then a dirty flash for daily builds?

A full data wipe cleans the data partition on which user apps and system settings reside. Your personal files are on the internal storage partition, which does NOT get wiped by TWRP when factory wiping.

Yes, clean flash prior to the first flash, then dirty flash subsequent builds.

Reactions: amityg

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
A full data wipe cleans the data partition on which user apps and system settings reside. Your personal files are on the internal storage partition, which does NOT get wiped by TWRP when factory wiping.

Yes, clean flash prior to the first flash, then dirty flash subsequent builds.
Read the OP's instructions again. It clearly says to wipe data and internal storage.

JoliOS

Feb 26, 2019
Hi and thanks for (the) pie. It works great for the main user but i have a strange problem with a secondary (or guest) user:
Whenever i switch to the secondary user the navigation bar (three buttons) disappears. The bar is not just hidden but seems to be really gone/killed. When switching back to the main user the bar is still missing and i need to restart to get it back. Any ideas?

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Read the OP's instructions again. It clearly says to wipe data and internal storage.

Yes, I have read the OP. Wiping both data and internal storage is for the sake of less experienced users who should be starting fresh no matter what rom they're coming from. As you have more experience, please use your judgment to wipe whatever you know needs to be wiped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-p-logo.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-16.0 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.2. Simply flash the linked below version 3.2 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: I am seeing Error 7 when trying to flash a GApps package.
    A: This is due to the system partition being too small to fit both the rom and the GApps package. You need to re-partition it with a tool such as the one created by Clamor (linked below). You will only need to do this once.

Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: Not before all the issues listed under "Bugs" below are fixed.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: What will some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
    A: The following technical changes will take effect:
    - Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
    - Phone status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
    - The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.
    Note: Each official build will be cooked and released by LineageOS on their schedule and only if no major unexpected bug is introduced into the source code. The developers will announce if and when their source code will be submitted to Lineage for official support and when we can expect to see the first official builds.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: About once a week for both deb and flo, as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged, and of course whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

[REPARTITION] Nexus 7 (2013) Repartition [FLO/DEB] [16GB/32GB] [UA TWRP]

ROMs
    pitrus-
    - LTE: deb
    - Wi-Fi: flo

LineageOS Extras
    - addonsu-16.0-arm-signed.zip
    - addonsu-remove-16.0-arm-signed.zip

Magisk

Open GApps

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your computer or flash drive via a USB OTG cable – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up and Power button until you see TWRP's splash screen),
    4. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    5. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    6. Back to Main start screen,
    7. Wipe > Format Data,
    8. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    9. Go Back to Main Start Screen,
    10. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    11. Install > select a zip file to flash (optionally, Add More Zips > select another zip file to flash),
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - Encryption does not work at all. Upon encrypting your tablet, you will be unable to reboot into System. This is a bug in all AOSP-based custom Pie roms for deb and flo.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Every open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for deb and flo.

Sources
    - deb device tree
    - flo device tree
    - kernel
    - blobs

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    ripee, followmsi, pitrus-, flex1911, Clamor
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: System partition large enough to accommodate the rom and GApps.

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 9
    Stable Release Date: 2019-08-11

Created 2019-02-22
    Last Updated 2019-11-10
    Switching to pitrus-'s builds!

I have updated the links in the OP to point to his folders. He builds with the same sources as I do, which are followmsi's repos linked at the bottom of the OP. It will be up to him how often he build for deb and flo, but I will continue to maintain this thread and answer questions. I am working on other devices right now and my build environment doesn't have the space to keep building for deb and flo, but rest assured I still have my flo tablet and will enthusiastically and regularly flash pitrus-'s builds.
    Changelog

Build 0301 for both variants
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.

Since today is the day that Pie has become official, it's a good day to build even though our tablets are not among the lucky few devices. You can be sure that the builds are stable enough as daily drivers, with the exception of NFC.