FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9] Pixel Experience [deb][flo][5/1/2019]

2,540 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,754

Post Reply Email Thread
PixelExperience for ASUS Nexus 7 2013 [Flo/Deb]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0 PIE

Whats working?

Pretty much everything except nfc and it has been disabled due to it not working properly and causing high battery drain.
You tell us!

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED!

Installation:

1. Download the ROM from the links below.
2. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
3. Flash the ROM and DO NOT flash GApps as it is already included!
4. Flash magisk 18.1 to get root access
5. Reboot and Enjoy.

Download Links:

Deb Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=293645
Flo Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=293644

Sources:
Deb Device Tree: https://github.com/followmsi/android...pixel-pie-aosp
Flo Device Tree: https://github.com/followmsi/android...pixel-pie-aosp
Kernel: https://github.com/followmsi/android...owmsi-pie-aosp
Blobs: https://github.com/followmsi/android...flo-deb-aosp-p

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9] Pixel Experience [deb][flo], ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
JT1510365, ripee, followmsi
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: System partition large enough to accommodate the rom and GApps.
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-05-01

Created 2019-05-02
Last Updated 2019-05-02
The Following User Says Thank You to JT1510365 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JT1510365 Ad-Free

2nd May 2019, 05:07 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Lyon

More
Reserved for future use
2nd May 2019, 07:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Lyon

More
one more just in case
3rd May 2019, 06:03 AM |#4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thanks very much for making time to maintain this.

May I ask which blobs are used for this build? If Im reading it correctly, it's the same ones that @followmsi has switched to rather than the previous QC ones?

I'll definitely install this and give feedback but am of the current belief that the previous blobs provided much better performance,(on deb at least), than the ones used in the other most recent build.

Hadn't mentioned it yet as was still trying to pinpoint why it feels less responsive. Not sure if it's GPU or disk IO or even CPU because the numbers all look fine but the device feels noticeably less responsive when playing something taxing like PoGo.

Edit: just saw the blobs link.
The Following User Says Thank You to sir_bazz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sir_bazz Ad-Free
3rd May 2019, 05:25 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Lyon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bazz

Thanks very much for making time to maintain this.

May I ask which blobs are used for this build? If Im reading it correctly, it's the same ones that @followmsi has switched to rather than the previous QC ones?

I'll definitely install this and give feedback but am of the current belief that the previous blobs provided much better performance,(on deb at least), than the ones used in the other most recent build.

Hadn't mentioned it yet as was still trying to pinpoint why it feels less responsive. Not sure if it's GPU or disk IO or even CPU because the numbers all look fine but the device feels noticeably less responsive when playing something taxing like PoGo.

Edit: just saw the blobs link.

I am using followmsi's latest pixel and pie aosp sources which includes fixes for hardware decoding and compass. I don't have any slow downs when i tested the build however i wouldn't know how to even fix it if there were slow downs because i am just building using his sources. There is nothing changed or added besides those sources. You can expect a new build from me every month with new security patches because i am currently the one mantaining pixel experience

Cheers and have a good day
4th May 2019, 11:29 AM |#6  
Flag Le Touvet (38)
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Is Netflix working on this rom?
The Following User Says Thank You to guillaumeserton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guillaumeserton Ad-Free
4th May 2019, 04:46 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Lyon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillaumeserton

Is Netflix working on this rom?

yes but you have to install the older version of netflix look at other peoples posts on different rom threads because i don't care about netflix and you will find the fix there in those threads and posts
4th May 2019, 10:08 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Issues
Latest build (05/02) borked all the sensors (gyroscope, compass, accelerometer). After dirty flashing it over an earlier build they all stopped working.

Had to go back to stock 6.0.1 and it's all ok now. 6.0.1 feels like a rocket by the way. I don't know about your experience with these pie roms, but for me it's been high battery drain (especially when watching youtube) and overall intermittent choppiness.
The Following User Says Thank You to prodOne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prodOne Ad-Free
4th May 2019, 11:04 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Lyon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodOne

Latest build (05/02) borked all the sensors (gyroscope, compass, accelerometer). After dirty flashing it over an earlier build they all stopped working.

Had to go back to stock 6.0.1 and it's all ok now. 6.0.1 feels like a rocket by the way. I don't know about your experience with these pie roms, but for me it's been high battery drain (especially when watching youtube) and overall intermittent choppiness.

The only thing that shouldn't be working is compass and I will hopefully fix it in the next build but gyroscope and accelerometer is working for me on my flo with no problems however I can't say this for deb as I don't have that device to test. But I would do a clean flash wipe everything except internal storage and try flashing the ROM again. Also remember to not flash gapps as its already included
5th May 2019, 02:56 AM |#10  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodOne

Actually I saw the same thing when dirty flashing to the changed blobs build from the other thread.
An additional restart was required to get them working.

Haven't had a chance to try this build, (deb), yet but it's likely the same.
5th May 2019, 09:17 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Lyon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bazz

Actually I saw the same thing when dirty flashing to the changed blobs build from the other thread.
An additional restart was required to get them working.

Haven't had a chance to try this build, (deb), yet but it's likely the same.

You can fix deep sleep by flashing this zip I provided and I tested it and now my tablet goes into deep sleep. This zip add-on works for all pie ROMs except unlegacy because its already included. Huge thanks to @followmsi for providing the fix

Download here and flash in recovery:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...89523397959956
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flo, nexus 7 2013, pixel experience, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)