Thanks Meter: 10,919

By followmsi, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 7th March 2017, 05:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th January 2020, 01:26 AM |#2911  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by followmsi

Normally I don't have the time for this stuff ..

From your logs ..

3.1.10-00127-g100eed4 ([email protected])
Hardware: grouper

Do you have Nexus 7 2013 .. or older Nexus 7 version ?

Sorry and thank you for your time. It's an old Nexus 7. The first batch of the first nexus 7. I've opened the tablet and discovered on the nand the reading Kingston.
18th January 2020, 05:53 AM |#2912  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

No new build but new library

libstagefright_omx.so

Download the file and replace with current file -> /system/lib/libstagefright_omx.so
May take backup of current lib before.

Just use TWRP to replace the file .. /system/system/lib/libstagefright_omx.so

Reboot to system and check Youtube app for glitches .. all good now ?

Cheers

It's wonderful! Thanks!

Add. Tested on deb, last aosp rom. 2 devices, main and test.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MarviXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarviXDA Ad-Free
19th January 2020, 02:24 AM |#2913  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Where is the "bootanimation.zip" located? Its not in /Systems/Media/...
19th January 2020, 04:54 AM |#2914  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoggy

Where is the "bootanimation.zip" located? Its not in /Systems/Media/...

Look at /system/product/media
19th January 2020, 05:58 AM |#2915  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
The old initial screen orientation problem, that started to appear since LOS 15, still exists in LOS 17.1. That is, if I lock the screen orientation to landscape (auto-rotation disabled), and I set the screen lock to "None", and I press the power button to turn the screen off and press it again to turn the screen on, the screen rotations to portrait.

This problem does not happen in AOSP EXT. That is, AOSP EXT in the situation above, starts in landscape mode, as it should be. But unfortunately, AOSP EXT lacks some of the features LOS 17.1 has such as ADB over Wi-Fi toggle, so I would like to use LOS 17.1, if possible.

In case of LOS 17.1, if I don't disable auto-rotation and check "Rotate lock screen", which is only enabled when auto-rotation is enabled, then LOS 17.1 starts in landscape mode in the situation above. So, to me, this does not seem like a limitation (that LOS cannot start in landscape mode) of LOS, but more of a BUG. I mean, the lock screen is not even enabled (set to "None"), so why does LOS think that it needs to show the lock screen in portrait mode and start in portrait mode? That is, if the lock screen is disabled, it should start with the last known orientation, not from portrait. Or, even if auto-rotation is disabled, if the screen orientation is fixed to landscape, the lock screen should start in landscape mode. I mean, why would someone who has fixed the screen orientation to landscape want to see the lock screen in portrait mode?

Anyway, if it is not very difficult to fix, please fix this problem in LOS.
19th January 2020, 09:18 AM |#2916  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarviXDA

Look at /system/product/media

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Holy CRAP this current version of "AospExtended-v7.0-flo-20200116-1010-UNOFFICIAL" runs freaking amazing! I've ran previous versions from Nov and December that didn't work this well.

It's like a whole new tablet!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kdoggy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kdoggy Ad-Free
19th January 2020, 10:07 AM |#2917  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Installed the latest LOS 17.1 build from January 15th. Everything seemed to work well. Then I tried to encrypt data partition. First boot got stuck in LOS boot animation. After forced switch off tablet booted normally, asking for decryption pathphrase on the way. In settings, it shows data partition as encrypted.

Would it be possible to have the data partition force encrypted right out of the box?

And would it be possible to include "double tap to unlock" feature in kernel?

Would it be possible to set SELinux to "enforcing"?

Thanks for the great work.
20th January 2020, 12:27 AM |#2918  
Thanks Meter: 848

More
Quote:

"Change or add something I get a endless bootloop."

What in detail did you change or add to get bootloop ?

If you install new ROM on top of existing installation it's just one single process .. ending with Magisk re-installation.

Actually opengapps could do some verbose output to let user know its getting reinstalled now.
Same like Magisk add-on script is doing .. showing all install steps on screen.
You may let @Nezorflame know ..

Are you talking about different gapps packages or config files ?

If "you" want to update or change opengapps package or use different custom config file for gapps installation - "You" should always start from scratch .eg. wiping system partition first.

Cheers

Sorry, I should have stated that better.
I was referring to how/what I initially installed and setup.
How many backup scripts were going to be used.

50-lineage.sh (los)
50-base.sh (aex)
70-gapps.sh (gapps)
91-iYTv7a.sh (My backup script for vanced)
99-magisk.sh (magisk)
blacklist (What and where did/does this come from?)

Steps used:
Clean flash (Wipe and format all)
Initial install ROM (see list below.)
Boot system and make some changes.
Screen size and/or navigation bar and/or dark mode and/or setup WiFi and/or setup google account.
Reboot into recovery and dirty flash (re-flash ROM only) and reboot.

Initial install ROM only, dirty flash works.
Initial install ROM and OpenGapps, dirty flash works.
Initial install ROM and Magisk, dirty flash works.
Initial install ROM, OpenGapps and vanced, dirty flash works.
Initial install ROM, Magisk and vanced, dirty flash works.
Initial install ROM, OpenGapps and Magisk, dirty flash ends with a bootloop. WTF ?

So it appears the backup scripts are running and it does not matter how many backup scripts there are.

Something is conflicting, getting corrupted or removed/not replaced when using both magisk and opengapps.

No more skimming logs, time to scour them.

Not sure if it's Magisk, OpenGapps or something else yet.

Notes:
I copy vanced YouTube into system/priv-app and add a backup script in addon.d

Bootloop is due to kernel panic.
Code:
[    2.540679] No filesystem could mount root, tried:  ext3 ext2 ext4 vfat ntfs fuseblk f2fs
[    2.541137] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
[    5.650665] Rebooting in 5 seconds..
[   10.658050] Going down for restart now
[   10.658233] in panic
Clean flash (wipe and format everything) installing ROM, gapps, magisk, kernel, whatever else... Works fine.

Cleanish dirty flash (wipe system) then reinstalling ROM, gapps, magisk, kernel, whatever else I installed that modifies system. Works fine.
Using the backup scripts should be the same result.

Did not make a difference:
Magisk with and without modules installed/active
In some ROM/device threads it's recommended to disable modules before updating the rom. I never had a problem with the modules I use but, I tried it both ways for testing.

Installing ROM and booting into system. Then rebooting into recovery to install magisk.
Wiping cache(s) after dirty update before rebooting into system.
I gave up on wiping cache(s) awhile ago.

Made a difference:
Slightly older version of OpenGapps Pico. - Dirty flash worked with Pico and Magisk installed.

Workaround:
Pull boot.img from ROM zip and reflash boot.img and then patch with magisk after the dirty flash.

Cheers.

PS.
WOW!
Sorry all, that turned into a super long post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ipdev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ipdev Ad-Free
20th January 2020, 02:36 AM |#2919  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 47

More
@followmsi the latest AEX7 0116 build is running great (very smooth), clean install with OpenGapps Beta Pico 0116 build.
Was wondering can the grayish black in settings be change to dark black as in quick setting?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200119-172550_Settings.png
Views:	224
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	4930893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200119-172711_Settings.png
Views:	228
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	4930895  
20th January 2020, 09:14 AM |#2920  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Great ROM. Thanks. Anyone able to get signature spoofing to work to enable Gmicro?
The Following User Says Thank You to pacman00700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pacman00700 Ad-Free
20th January 2020, 09:54 AM |#2921  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10,919

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw243

Installed the latest LOS 17.1 build from January 15th. Everything seemed to work well. Then I tried to encrypt data partition. First boot got stuck in LOS boot animation. After forced switch off tablet booted normally, asking for decryption pathphrase on the way. In settings, it shows data partition as encrypted.

Would it be possible to have the data partition force encrypted right out of the box?

Thanks for the great work.

- NO .. will not be included into ROM - pls use manual workaround.

Yes - It's already part of the kernel .. the ElementalX code has been used - activate thru kernel manager tools.

- No .. maybe later on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)