Originally Posted by TheDigitalSlacker

any ideas?

Allow gmail and or google app permission to read contacts in Settings > Apps

Or flash micro gapps
8th March 2017, 08:38 PM |#22  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Just a heads up, but ElementalX 6.05 kernel will not work with this rom. Bootloops immediately. I was able to recover by re-flashing the ROM and SuperSU, as well as GApps Micro.
8th March 2017, 08:50 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Works here with Magisk.

Flash ROM > flash gapps > flash magisk > boot to system
Setup device, (install magisk manager), etc. > Reboot to recovery >install elementalx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170308-204307.png
Views:	1270
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	4066991  
8th March 2017, 08:50 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10,947

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDigitalSlacker

I have the rom flashed and everything looks good with cache and data converted to F2FS. However I am experiencing an odd issue. When i first set up the tablet I sign in with my gmail account and everything looks good. I do a clean setup so nothing restores and download the official gmail from the play store. Once it installs and opens it does not seem to notice that my google account is configured. It asks me to add a mail account and if i put the same account in it says the account already exists. I've factory reset this 3 times trying something different each time thinking maybe I did something dumb. Flashed many roms before and never seen this, any ideas?

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

dumb question but what does the partition resize change it to? I was looking to find a stock partitioning sizes vs this script chart or explanation.

Pls read carefully .. we enlarge the file-system to it's maximum size - to the full partition size.
We don not change partition sizes at all.

In some ROM's the system.img is defined smaller as the actual partition size - to save space.

But the system.dat files today are using the correct system.img size from BoardConfigCommon.mk
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 880803840 # 840M

You will not get more space on this flo/deb ROM by enlarging file-system, because it's already enlarged.

To check this yourself ... can be done from recovery as well .. use: "adb shell"

To see partiton names and sizes:
Code:
ls -la /dev/block/platform/*/by-name
cat /proc/partitions
Jus use "df" command to check file-system sizes ..
8th March 2017, 08:55 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
TWRP_deb_3.1.0-0
Where are the deb owners ?

As we have new major version (3.1.0) tagged on github I have made a new TWRP for deb as well ...
Pls test !

Update.ZIP_TWRP_deb_3.1.0-0.zip -> to be installed via TWRP

TWRP_deb_3.1.0-0.img -> to be installed via fastboot or flashify .. etc.

Download from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...lhsLWFHZThGTnM

Thanks for some feedback ...

Cheers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
8th March 2017, 10:33 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by followmsi

Did you fix your problems ?

The fstab has been changed ... you can verify yourself.

Open terminal app ..

Code:
su -
cat fstab.flo
To see the current partitons and there used/mounted filesystems ..
Code:
mount
Pls have a look here ..
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=716
F2FS seems to work fine on data - I still use it on cache only.

If you face strange issues, pls start with a fresh TWRP factory reset first.

Cheers

Well, tried with a TWRP wipe, similar issues. Some apps download fine, others don't. Still cannot take pictures, root browser cannot write to data partition. Mount command shows rw access but something is definitely not right. I will probably flash stock rom and try again, but don't have the time now.
8th March 2017, 11:21 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajsris

Just a heads up, but ElementalX 6.05 kernel will not work with this rom. Bootloops immediately. I was able to recover by re-flashing the ROM and SuperSU, as well as GApps Micro.

Today I do have my android day

Fresh compiled Elemental X kernel for flo/deb .. tested on this ROM .. works fine.
Have a look here ... we start with the flo boot.img :

Update.ZIP_elementalx-6.05-flo-kernel.zip -> to be installed via TWRP

elementalx-6.05-flo-kernel_boot-x.img -> to be installed via fastboot or flashify .. etc.

Installation:
1. Boot into TWRP
2. Install Update.ZIP_elementalx-6.05-flo-kernel.zip
3. Install SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip (optional)
4. Reboot into system

Due to supersu installation it will boot twice - no panic, it´s normal !

F2FS works too .. no issues so far.

This AOSP ROM is using "prebuilt" kernels .. we still need to find the correct one

Today it's my lineageos kernel .. maybe the next ROM is using elemental x kernel.

To all kernel installer .. pls report your experience !

Thanks and enjoy ...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
8th March 2017, 11:39 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170308-233531.png
Views:	578
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	4067107

A screenshot too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
9th March 2017, 04:02 AM |#29  
Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Thank you for updating the build to latest March security. Stock just the way it was meant to be for us.
9th March 2017, 06:09 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
[QUOTE=TheDigitalSlacker;71340191]I have the rom flashed and everything looks good with cache and data converted to F2FS. However I am experiencing an odd issue. When i first set up the tablet I sign in with my gmail account and everything looks good. I do a clean setup so nothing restores and download the official gmail from the play store. Once it installs and opens it does not seem to notice that my google account is configured. It asks me to add a mail account and if i put the same account in it says the account already exists. I've factory reset this 3 times trying something different each time thinking maybe I did something dumb. Flashed many roms before and never seen this, any ideas?

I had this exact same problem. Nothing I tried fixed it. So, I installed Inbox for Gmail, then added my main Pop account from my ISP to the Gmail app and moved forward. After a couple of Gmail updates through the Play Store, I was able to use the Gmail app normally again. So, my least favourite way to solve a problem, it just went away.
9th March 2017, 07:44 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Where are the deb owners ?

As we have new major version (3.1.0) tagged on github I have made a new TWRP for deb as well ...
Pls test !

Update.ZIP_TWRP_deb_3.1.0-0.zip -> to be installed via TWRP

TWRP_deb_3.1.0-0.img -> to be installed via fastboot or flashify .. etc.

Download from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...lhsLWFHZThGTnM

Thanks for some feedback ...

Cheers

I tried it on deb. When trying to flash your rom I got an error of the sort the rom is from March 7th, cannot flash because timestamp is March 8th (this is rough approximation). I flashed back to regular TWRP version and things went fine.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote:

Did you fix your problems ?

The fstab has been changed ... you can verify yourself.

Open terminal app ..

Code:
su -
cat fstab.flo
To see the current partitons and there used/mounted filesystems ..
Code:
mount
Pls have a look here ..
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=716
F2FS seems to work fine on data - I still use it on cache only.

If you face strange issues, pls start with a fresh TWRP factory reset first.

Cheers

So I flashed full stock 6.0.1 image and then flashed over it. Now everything is working fine. I believe at some point I might have accidentally wiped system and that this might have been the problem. I will never know for sure. Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)