FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

Android 6.0 for Nexus 7(2013) is live! [Root available], [Flashable zips]

101 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

By tsoureki, Senior Member on 5th October 2015, 06:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
EDIT: Flashable zips from AndroidPolice (just flash from recovery) ----> http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/10...s-ota-roundup/

Steps:

1) Backup apps and data

2) Make an Nandroid backup

3) Factory Reset (optional but recommended)

4) Download and install Android 6.0 factory image through adb https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images?hl=en

5) Flash latest TWRP 2.8.7.0 recovery

6) Flash ElementalX kernel 5.0 for Marshmallow or stock rootable kernel from @zaclimon through TWRP http://elementalx.org/devices/nexus-7-2013/ or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=210

7) Flash latest supersu 2.46 zip https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU

8) Reboot
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to tsoureki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tsoureki Ad-Free

5th October 2015, 06:29 PM |#2  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hope that someone creates a zip to flash...
My USB port is not reliable, and i'm kind of lazy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr. phillip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mr. phillip Ad-Free
5th October 2015, 07:04 PM |#3  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Booting now... I'll report when it boots

Edit: First boot takes even longer than lollipop :/ (~10 minutes)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noahvt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noahvt Ad-Free
5th October 2015, 07:17 PM |#4  
Flag Piatra Neamt
Thanks Meter: 682

More
Just finished flashing the factory image. Waiting for it to boot also.
5th October 2015, 07:18 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt

Booting now... I'll report when it boots

Edit: First boot takes even longer than lollipop :/ (~10 minutes)

I waited about 8 mins. but nothing happend! No "optimising apps/system" message, so I wiped again....
Is that normal?
5th October 2015, 07:24 PM |#6  
Flag Piatra Neamt
Thanks Meter: 682

More
It booted !!! took what it felt like about 10-15 minutes (wasn't watching the clock, only my Flo's screen). Runing the Setup Wizzard now.

Feels snappy. I will be entertained for the next couple of hours
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20151005-202721.png
Views:	3740
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	3496589  
The Following User Says Thank You to idCyber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idCyber Ad-Free
5th October 2015, 07:37 PM |#7  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idCyber

It booted !!! took what it felt like about 10-15 minutes (wasn't watching the clock, only my Flo's screen). Runing the Setup Wizzard now.

Feels snappy. I will be entertained for the next couple of hours

I hope someone is already working on a custom kernel to support root lol
5th October 2015, 07:42 PM |#8  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 12

More
takes a long time to bootup first then its ok...all animationa re optimised and more of material animations are visible.. just enables system tuner (by pressing and holding settings icon until it spins on the notification tray and removed the aeroplane ,mobile data and torch :P mode).. i didnt find the restore from old nexus option.. but i did get sync data via bluetooth from existing android device...nice
5th October 2015, 08:13 PM |#9  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 75

Donate to Me
More
Can someone test if there is kind of the multiwindow feature that we saw in the M Previews?
5th October 2015, 08:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
I have installed it using the app flashfire beta by chainfire. Still booting up but since it shows the android m boot animation, looks like a success
5th October 2015, 08:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Installed fine for me, booted in what felt like a normal amount of time.

Problems may have begun trying to root though.

Use NRT... first problem: it didn't actually copy the root files over so when it rebooted into TWRP they weren't there. I just rebooted and manually copied them over, then back into TWRP and I was able to install them. But, now I'm sitting here at the startup animation for about 10 minutes now, far longer than after initial install, so I'm starting to think boot loop.

I'll give it a few more minutes and then re-flash the system partition, should get it working again. NRT naturally doesn't know about this version yet, using the *.*.* option, but I'm starting to get the feeling root isn't straight-up on M. I'll repost if it happens to start up, but anyone else try rooting yet? If so, how'd it go for you?

EDIT: Another thread seems to support the conclusion that root isn't working yet, someone else had a boot loop too (something to do with stock recovery replacing TWRP and TWRP trying to save itself, or some such).
The Following User Says Thank You to fzammetti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fzammetti Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)