So I decided to write a simple guide to teach you how to flash it on your flo, and successfully get root access
This tutorial works on Windows.
This process erases everything from your nexus, so BACK UP!!!
#include <std/disclaimer.h> /* * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will * laugh at you. */
1. Unlocking Bootloader
So the first step is to unlock your bootloader, but I think you already done that. If you don't, there are lots of tutorials on Google. (Your nexus doesn't need to be running original rom, or anything stock, if you can get to bootloader normaly, you're fine.)
2. Flashing the 5.0
We need to flash Android 5.0 Developer preview! (obviously).
1. Go to
2. Unpack it with Total Commander or something, I don't care..
3. Install standard ADB and Fastboot from this link:
5. Restart your PC!
6. Enable USB Debugging.
7. We need to test, if your drivers are working correctly so open up command prompt and,
adb reboot bootloader
8. Reboot to bootloader by:
adb reboot bootloader
10. After everything is done, the Nexus will reboot and you have a working Android 5.0 on your nexus! Pretty cool already, but we are geeks and no android device is complete without the godly power of root access! So let's get into it!
3. Flashing custom recovery, rooting, and fixing root!
1. Get your copy of the latest TWRP from here (I use 188.8.131.52):
3. On desktop, press shift + right click on blank spot. (If you don't have one, move it somewhere else where you can find it) Select Open command window here.
4. Enable USB debugging on your nexus again.
5. Move this zip to the root of Nexus's internal memory.
7. Format cache by:
fastboot format cache
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
10. In TWRP install SuperSU zip.
11. Reboot your system.
12. After it booted back to Android, and you see the SuperSU in apps, reboot again
14. If you already tried, your root isn't working, so we need to fix it by flashing the chainfire's custom kernel. We 'll do it the fastboot way.
15. Reboot to Bootloader
16. Download the custom kernel from:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Your Nexus 7 have working Android L with root access. Coolness overload!
Let me know if it worked for you!
If yes, please press that thanks button