Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

What ROM would you recommend?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Bitzaboi, Junior Member on 16th May 2017, 01:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sup everyone. I have been reading up on all of the available Nougat ROMS and if I understand correctly LineageOS and crdroid are the two most stable and best supported ones available at the moment. Am I right on this?

Anyways, what ROM would you recommend I use out of the many that are available to choose from? I tried to search the forum to see if this question was already asked, but the most recent one that I saw was a few months old, and I know that a lot of changes have been made since them.

Thanks in advanced for the suggestions, and thanks to all of the devs and builders who put their time and effort into these!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bitzaboi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bitzaboi Ad-Free

19th May 2017, 07:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 598

More
Stock. After using every single rom available for deb I finally flashed stock and installed all my apps and have been using it just fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htb2050 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htb2050 Ad-Free
20th May 2017, 06:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 340

More
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...t/rom-t3569067
Aosp is still supported very well
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coremania For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coremania Ad-Free
20th May 2017, 09:29 PM |#4  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzaboi

Sup everyone. I have been reading up on all of the available Nougat ROMS and if I understand correctly LineageOS and crdroid are the two most stable and best supported ones available at the moment. Am I right on this?

Anyways, what ROM would you recommend I use out of the many that are available to choose from? I tried to search the forum to see if this question was already asked, but the most recent one that I saw was a few months old, and I know that a lot of changes have been made since them.

Thanks in advanced for the suggestions, and thanks to all of the devs and builders who put their time and effort into these!

I have crDroid 3.2 since 1 week and very satisfied with. Before i had LOS 7.1.2

Crdroid
The Following User Says Thank You to tombraga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tombraga Ad-Free
21st May 2017, 12:41 AM |#5  
Flag Pickerington
Thanks Meter: 51

More
My best advice to you is to try several rom's and then decide for yourself. A lot depends on what type user you are and what features you are looking for. Personally, I've tried several including Resurrection Remix (currently not supported), LOS, Validus, Tesla, Tipsy, as well as a few others. Presently, I like the feature set included in Tesla, but that's just my preference until something else catches my eye!
The Following User Says Thank You to brewer75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brewer75 Ad-Free
27th May 2017, 12:54 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htb2050

Stock. After using every single rom available for deb I finally flashed stock and installed all my apps and have been using it just fine.

how long ago did you try all of the alternative ROMs?
27th May 2017, 12:55 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coremania

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...t/rom-t3569067
Aosp is still supported very well

Thanks, I'll check it out.
27th May 2017, 12:57 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraga

I have crDroid 3.2 since 1 week and very satisfied with. Before i had LOS 7.1.2

Crdroid

How has it been in the second week? I heard that the ROMs run good off the bat, but then start to lag.
27th May 2017, 12:59 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer75

My best advice to you is to try several rom's and then decide for yourself. A lot depends on what type user you are and what features you are looking for. Personally, I've tried several including Resurrection Remix (currently not supported), LOS, Validus, Tesla, Tipsy, as well as a few others. Presently, I like the feature set included in Tesla, but that's just my preference until something else catches my eye!

I plan on it, I just wanted to narrow it down some, because there are so many choices! And thanks, I'll check Tesla out.
27th May 2017, 01:14 AM |#10  
Flag Pickerington
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

I plan on it, I just wanted to narrow it down some, because there are so many choices! And thanks, I'll check Tesla out.

As I stated in my post, custom rom users differ in the features they are looking for so it is pretty much trial and error. I also stated that I had moved away from Ressurection Remix because support had ceased, BUT the rom has resurfaced by Aradalien @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...t/rom-t3610967. I just flashed the newest build and so far, it offers everything I want from a daily driver.
The Following User Says Thank You to brewer75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brewer75 Ad-Free
27th May 2017, 07:09 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 598

More
Quote:

how long ago did you try all of the alternative ROMs?

Since I bought it 4 years ago. I u locked the bootloader and flashed cm at that time. Then went through all of the others.
The Following User Says Thank You to htb2050 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htb2050 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)