FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP - ROOT] ParrotMod - Fix the 2013 Nexus 7 touchscreen and auto rotate!

831 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,214

Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2016, 09:01 PM |#101  
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotgeek1

Thanks, but look at the post directly above yours.

Yeah, I saw it, a little to late. I'm having same issues with Beta app as yergeny. Problem is, the touch screen still seems to be improved. I'm not on multirom. Running Pure Nexus MM, did a full wipe and installed yesterday, and ElementalX. No xposed.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to bg260 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bg260 Ad-Free

17th May 2016, 09:07 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg260

Yeah, I saw it, a little to late. I'm having same issues with Beta app as yergeny. Problem is, the touch screen still seems to be improved. I'm not on multirom. Running Pure Nexus MM, did a full wipe and installed yesterday, and ElementalX. No xposed.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using XDA Labs

Yeah, the new touch screen calibration seems to also be stored inside the touchscreen controller as well as the kernel, which is why it's still better.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
17th May 2016, 11:34 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member

More
The app is now working 100%
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
18th May 2016, 12:15 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

The app is now working 100%

@bg260 @Yergeny @TheMaskedHamburger @jordirpz ^
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
18th May 2016, 12:24 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I confirm my system is working well now. I installed over my previous one and it worked.
Good job, man.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yergeny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yergeny Ad-Free
18th May 2016, 06:16 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
Hi ! Can this Mod be used on KitKat and SuperSU 2.46? Or I need the latest version of SuperSU ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
18th May 2016, 03:34 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idCyber

Hi ! Can this Mod be used on KitKat and SuperSU 2.46? Or I need the latest version of SuperSU ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, you don't need a specific version anymore

The Following User Says Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
18th May 2016, 06:12 PM |#108  
@parrotgeek1
Working like a champ boss!
The Following User Says Thank You to bg260 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bg260 Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 07:33 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Working well
I still run into situations where my device starts to freeze up horribly (this happens regardless of kernel or ROM.) I was hoping parrotmod might solve this but it seems to be device specific, pretty confident its a hardware issue.

Otherwise working well in app form, general responsiveness seems better with this mod. I would love an option for disabling the script in the app for testing purposes, but its definetly not needed when I can just freeze it with titanium and restart. Also touchscreen fix is awesmazing. Seriously, good work on that.

One issue is that during low memory situations the app (and maybe script?) appears to be killed but then it restarts itself reinitializing the script. This is fine, as its better than the script just dying. I would love to see the speaker buzzing fix come to the app as well.

Edit: Seems to restart around the 300mb free mark. I can also trigger this by closing the parrotmod app from my recent apps list.
19th May 2016, 09:08 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedHamburger

I still run into situations where my device starts to freeze up horribly (this happens regardless of kernel or ROM.) I was hoping parrotmod might solve this but it seems to be device specific, pretty confident its a hardware issue.

Otherwise working well in app form, general responsiveness seems better with this mod. I would love an option for disabling the script in the app for testing purposes, but its definetly not needed when I can just freeze it with titanium and restart. Also touchscreen fix is awesmazing. Seriously, good work on that.

One issue is that during low memory situations the app (and maybe script?) appears to be killed but then it restarts itself reinitializing the script. This is fine, as its better than the script just dying. I would love to see the speaker buzzing fix come to the app as well.

Edit: Seems to restart around the 300mb free mark. I can also trigger this by closing the parrotmod app from my recent apps list.

Oh, yeah, there is a long-standing bug (since 4.4.1!) In Android where an apps services all restart when you close it from recent apps. I tried to work around it but not totally sure if it fixed it. In order to fix it I might need to add a persistent notification but you could just uncheck show notifications in app info.

The freezing thing is definitely a hardware issue, sorry.

I'll add the disable option, it's super easy. The speaker buzzing fix is a bit harder to add because it involves setting a ro.audio.* property, which normally can only be in build.prop. There is a program called setpropex which gets around that, but it needs to be recompiled for lollipop because it's not a PIE executable. My NDK installation isn't behaving very well. Also, if I kill mediaserver (needed to reload that property even after setpropex), it goes back to the boot animation, and then the app reloads, which kills mediaserver again, and then... uh-oh. Also I would like to fix the issue with the touch sounds being cut off, it really irritates me.

P.S. thanks for coining the word "awesmazing". It's an awesmazing portmanteau.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
20th May 2016, 04:48 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Oh, yeah, there is a long-standing bug (since 4.4.1!) In Android where an apps services all restart when you close it from recent apps. I tried to work around it but not totally sure if it fixed it. In order to fix it I might need to add a persistent notification but you could just uncheck show notifications in app info.

The freezing thing is definitely a hardware issue, sorry.

I'll add the disable option, it's super easy. The speaker buzzing fix is a bit harder to add because it involves setting a ro.audio.* property, which normally can only be in build.prop. There is a program called setpropex which gets around that, but it needs to be recompiled for lollipop because it's not a PIE executable. My NDK installation isn't behaving very well. Also, if I kill mediaserver (needed to reload that property even after setpropex), it goes back to the boot animation, and then the app reloads, which kills mediaserver again, and then... uh-oh. Also I would like to fix the issue with the touch sounds being cut off, it really irritates me.

P.S. thanks for coining the word "awesmazing". It's an awesmazing portmanteau.

Yknow I had a feeling it was android, I remember a bunch of apps having to add persistent notifications to get around such a thing. I thought it would have been fixed by now with marshmallow lol. A persistent would be good in the future.

Off topic about my hardware issue, unrelated to parrotmod:
Yeah, what it does is it gets REALLY slow, like as if I were to underclock the CPU to 386mhz, and the GPU to like 100mhz and cut down useable ram to like 100mb free (everything starts crashing). All sorts of screen tearing touches respond like 10 seconds later and a buttload of lag. It's pretty crazy. Then after awhile it craps itself and freezes up completely... I've check my clocks, io activity to make sure nothing weirds going on but nope. I think either my CPU or RAM is damaged. I once had a PSP that behaved similarly, also it wouldn't load games off of the memory stick without flexing the mobo LOL

Yeah, I see why that would be problematic, sounds like a PITA. I might try editing your fix into my build.prop in the meantime. Is it just the one line?: "ro.audio.flinger_standbytime_ms=50".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto rotate fix, fix, nexus 7, touch, touchscreen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)