FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP - ROOT] ParrotMod - Fix the 2013 Nexus 7 touchscreen and auto rotate!

831 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,214

Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2016, 05:02 AM |#21  
Flag Harrisburg, SD
Thanks Meter: 1,512

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg260

@parrotgeek1 You my friend are a genius.

Wait a minute.... You do have a donation account right?

Doesn't look like it. You could always gift him XDA ad-free to show your appreciation though.
The Following User Says Thank You to quickdraw86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quickdraw86 Ad-Free

12th May 2016, 05:18 AM |#22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw86

Doesn't look like it. You could always gift him XDA ad-free to show your appreciation though.

I suppose I'll do that. This mod should be incorporated into all future rom builds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bg260 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bg260 Ad-Free
12th May 2016, 07:14 AM |#23  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Looks interesting, will be flashing this as soon as i get some free time to update my N7 😎😎😎

Sent from my Nexus 5X
The Following User Says Thank You to androidsnax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift androidsnax Ad-Free
12th May 2016, 02:31 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Hello, Thank you for this. I can't wait to try it. My only question is, how easy is this to uninstall if need be? I get a little nervous about altering lib files.

EDIT: didn't see other post. Thanks for ad free!
You can just reflash the ROM and gapps without wiping data to uninstall. I'm wondering if replacing libart even gives a noticeable difference in performance.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
12th May 2016, 02:42 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I suppose I'll do that. This mod should be incorporated into all future rom builds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA-Developers mobile app

It could actually more cleanly be incorporated as an 8-line(!) patch to ektf3k.c in the kernel, which is what it originally was, but I wanted it to be as compatible as possible.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
13th May 2016, 05:05 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Just installed this on both of my tablets.
One is running 5.1.1 with Xposed v80, the other 6.0.1 with Xposed v84.
This hack has indeed improved the touchscreen.
Awesome Mod
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowby123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Snowby123 Ad-Free
14th May 2016, 01:02 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Version 0.9.1 released
(2015-05-13 build)
--------------------------

No longer specifically require TWRP (CWM works now)
Make wording in Xposed message less confusing
Make installation faster
Fix 1 second touch delay when turning on screen
Reduce disk space and zip size (no busybox)
Drop 4.3 support as a result of removing busybox (who cares?)

Same download link, as always.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parrotgeek1 Ad-Free
14th May 2016, 01:25 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Flashed and....
... stuck on a black screen after trying to reboot. Le sigh, should have made a twrp backup.

How can I uninstall this mod?
14th May 2016, 01:31 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedHamburger

... stuck on a black screen after trying to reboot. Le sigh, should have made a twrp backup.

How can I uninstall this mod?

WTF? I just tested it!

delete /system/su.d, /system/addon.d/01parrotmod.sh and /system/etc/parrotmod using twrp's file manager
(don't forget to mount system first)

EDIT: do you have Xposed?
Edit 2: Xposed works for me! No black screen here.
14th May 2016, 02:30 AM |#30  
Flag Congleton, Cheshire.
Thanks Meter: 474

More
I've noticed a good improvement in screen responsiveness.... Good work PG. However, can't confirm that there is better RAM management, its very hard to quantity...

Thanks again.
14th May 2016, 05:13 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotgeek1

WTF? I just tested it!

delete /system/su.d, /system/addon.d/01parrotmod.sh and /system/etc/parrotmod using twrp's file manager
(don't forget to mount system first)

EDIT: do you have Xposed?
Edit 2: Xposed works for me! No black screen here.

Dang, thanks for the quick response man. I ended up doing a reflash at the time, figured it needed it anyway with the slowdowns lately. I'm not sure what happened to make it blackscreen, I was using CleanROM with xposed and elementalx kernel. Nexus 7 2013 of course.

I will definitely test your mod again with the new rom, I'm just waiting to see first if its performance will degrade with the new rom (always is snappy on reinstall, then slows down big time after a few days to a week of usage.)

I read in your OP not to mess with io schedulers in kernel tweaking apps. What is the io scheduler your mod is made for? For instance if I was using the row io scheduler that comes with elementalx, would this conflict?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto rotate fix, fix, nexus 7, touch, touchscreen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)