FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - Nexus 7 2013 nightlies for flo

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,595

By forkbomb444, Senior Member on 18th November 2016, 01:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
EDIT:
This thread was originally started as CyanogenMod. This has been updated to LineageOS 14.1

New Links:

Change log. Changes

Current LineageOS Nexus7 Wi-Fi 2013 "flo" links
Device info Link
Installation instructions Link
Downloads Link
Changes Link
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is not void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Wiki
Official CyanogenMod Wiki: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Flo_Info

Installation
First time CyanogenMod 14.1 installation on your Nexus 7 (2013):
  • Read the official Wiki page
  • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
  • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
  • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Perform factory reset
  • Flash the CM 14.1 zip
  • Flash GApps
  • Reboot
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod (even from 13.0) :
  • Push the new CM 14.1 zip to your SD card
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card
  • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
  • Reboot

Downloads-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reporting bugs
  • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
Tablet information:
* CM version
* Gapps version
What you did:
* Wipe data: y/n
* Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
* Restore with titanium backup: y/n
You're using (if yes write which one) :
* Task killer
* Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
* Non-stock kernel
* Modified kernel settings
* Other mods
Bug info:
* Last version it worked on
* Repro steps
F.A.Q.
  • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
  • First of all DO NOT flash any SuperSu/SuperUser/SuperMan zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
  • Why no nightly today?
  • Build failed. Check again tomorrow
  • When do I have to wipe data?
  • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
  • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
  • I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
Official CyanogenMod 14.1 for flo, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
forkbomb444, zwliew
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-18
Last Updated 2016-11-18
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to forkbomb444 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift forkbomb444 Ad-Free
18th November 2016, 05:37 PM |#2  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 288

More
On my 32GB Flo the System partition is 840MB, clean flashing the latest CM14.1 Nightly + Nano Gapps uses about 800MB, so all we have left on the System partition is about 40MB! Now I'm wondering if we will have enough space for CM as it grows over time...

Partial log from Open Gapps Stock:

Total System Size (KB) | 847,656
Used System Space (KB) | 805,700
Current Free Space (KB) | 41,956
Additional Space Required (KB) | 426,668
18th November 2016, 09:57 PM |#3  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 100

More
18.11 nightly does not boot for me. Twrp says that flash is successful. I am coming from 17.11 nightly (I have 90 mb free on my system partition). Some users are experiencing the same issue over at the bacon forums, however my one plus one is fine on the 18.11.

The 15mb increase might be the issue?
18th November 2016, 10:20 PM |#4  
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmet

18.11 nightly does not boot for me. Twrp says that flash is successful. I am coming from 17.11 nightly (I have 90 mb free on my system partition). Some users are experiencing the same issue over at the bacon forums, however my one plus one is fine on the 18.11.

The 15mb increase might be the issue?

It does seem to be somewhat buggier than the previous build, it did boot for me, and tried it without any gapps, Gello Browser would crash, tried Pico and Delta Gapps Base, both would not connect to a Google Account, Play Store would crash (those gapps worked fine on other builds). I'm back to factory stock for now. But yes, stick to Nov 17 for now.
18th November 2016, 10:21 PM |#5  
Flag Oswego
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Setting long press of the home button to launch search assistant does not work. Trying to get assistant working using the build.prop tweaks. Assistant shows in the google app, I just can't launch it. Also very flaky OK google voice detection.
18th November 2016, 10:22 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
What if any custom kernels are available for 14.1 and the Nexus 7 Flo? I have a pretty healthy overclock on mine, and would to keep it.
18th November 2016, 10:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmet

18.11 nightly does not boot for me. Twrp says that flash is successful. I am coming from 17.11 nightly

+1
18th November 2016, 11:32 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,753

Donate to Me
More
Very nice! Using 11-17 currently.

Reposting my bugs from the old unofficial discussion thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Running decently!

Still the usual Nougat bug of Developer Options crash though. I also noticed the Live display interface doesn't do anything, and neither does the battery status icon choices for anything but portrait or text.

Quote:

Maybe Developer Options only crashes when installed as MultiROM?

To avoid the log[] errors when installing, or install a Nougat ROM in MultiROM you just need a newer recovery.

Latest is here:
https://basketbuild.com/devs/Captain...02013/MultiROM

Quote:

Noticed it didn't want to restore my Google device backup during the setup process (Google Play services kept crashing from a NPE ), so I did it manually:

Code:
bmgr list sets;
bmgr restore 1234567890abcdef
(substitute 1234567890abcdef with the code for the backup you want)

I also noticed "ringer" is showing in the volume panel, which it shouldn't, but despite editing the build.prop with the values:
ro.carrier=wifi-only
ro.telephony.default_network=9

-it still shows. Oh well. Minor bug. I'm sure they'll get to it.

Should be easily reproducible. I'll happily produce some logs if needed.
19th November 2016, 04:15 AM |#9  
Flag Ottawa

More
Nov. 19 Nightly Build:
Clean flashed with TWRP 3.0.2-0, CM and Open Gapps Nano, no problems during flashing. Booted just fine, Google Setup went normal, signed in to Google Account, Gello Browser and Play Store are not crashing. Only had a few minutes with it so far, but seems good to go!

Stay safe, use Pico!

Apps from the Play Store will be installed to the Data Partition.

Still getting CM Bug Report Stopped...
19th November 2016, 04:58 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Ghanem

Nov. 19 Nightly Build:
Clean flashed with TWRP 3.0.2-0, CM and Open Gapps Nano, no problems during flashing. Booted just fine, Google Setup went normal, signed in to Google Account, Gello Browser and Play Store are not crashing. Only had a few minutes with it so far, but seems good to go!

Stay safe, use Pico!

Apps from the Play Store will be installed to the Data Partition.

Still getting CM Bug Report Stopped...

Can you please confirm if night mode is available and working? It's a deal breaker for me! Thanks
19th November 2016, 05:17 AM |#11  
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by utfluc

Can you please confirm if night mode is available and working? It's a deal breaker for me! Thanks

I've never used it, but if you mean under:

Settings > Display > LiveDisplay > Display mode > Night

Then no, it doesn't look like any color related settings are working. I tried all settings, a dark room, nothing, only Adaptive Brightness and Invert colors work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gus Ghanem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gus Ghanem Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)