__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
This thread was originally started as CyanogenMod. This has been updated to LineageOS 14.1
Change log. Changes
Current LineageOS Nexus7 Wi-Fi 2013 "flo" links
Device info Link
Installation instructions Link
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include "std_disclaimer.h" /* * Your warranty is not void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Official CyanogenMod Wiki: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Flo_Info
First time CyanogenMod 14.1 installation on your Nexus 7 (2013):
- Read the official Wiki page
- Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
- Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
- Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
- Boot into Recovery
- Perform factory reset
- Flash the CM 14.1 zip
- Flash GApps
- Push the new CM 14.1 zip to your SD card
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card
- Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
- Lastest Nightly : http://get.cm/get/flo-latest.zip
- Lastest Recovery (Nightly) : http://get.cm/get/flo-latest-recovery.img (or use TWRP)
- Lastest Snapshot : http://get.cm/get/flo-snapshot.zip
- Lastest Recovery (Snapshot) : http://get.cm/get/flo-snapshot-recovery.img
- Google Apps (arm): OpenGApps - you'll probably only be able to use pico.
- All the builds: https://get.cm/?device=flo
- DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
- DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
- DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Tablet information: * CM version * Gapps version What you did: * Wipe data: y/n * Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n * Restore with titanium backup: y/n You're using (if yes write which one) : * Task killer * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps * Non-stock kernel * Modified kernel settings * Other mods Bug info: * Last version it worked on * Repro steps
- ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
- First of all DO NOT flash any SuperSu/SuperUser/SuperMan zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
- Why no nightly today?
- Build failed. Check again tomorrow
- When do I have to wipe data?
- You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
- Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
- I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
Official CyanogenMod 14.1 for flo, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Last Updated 2016-11-18