[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - Nexus 7 2013 nightlies for flo

Search This thread

forkbomb444

Aug 22, 2013
Sydney
http%3A%2F%2Fi65.tinypic.com%2F24kyvrs.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT:
This thread was originally started as CyanogenMod. This has been updated to LineageOS 14.1

New Links:

Change log. Changes

Current LineageOS Nexus7 Wi-Fi 2013 "flo" links
Device info Link
Installation instructions Link
Downloads Link
Changes Link
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is not void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Wiki
Official CyanogenMod Wiki: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Flo_Info

Installation
First time CyanogenMod 14.1 installation on your Nexus 7 (2013):
  • Read the official Wiki page
  • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
  • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
  • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Perform factory reset
  • Flash the CM 14.1 zip
  • Flash GApps
  • Reboot
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod (even from 13.0) :
  • Push the new CM 14.1 zip to your SD card
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card
  • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
  • Reboot

Downloads
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting bugs
  • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
Tablet information:
* CM version
* Gapps version
What you did:
* Wipe data: y/n
* Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
* Restore with titanium backup: y/n
You're using (if yes write which one) :
* Task killer
* Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
* Non-stock kernel
* Modified kernel settings
* Other mods
Bug info:
* Last version it worked on
* Repro steps
F.A.Q.
  • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
  • First of all DO NOT flash any SuperSu/SuperUser/SuperMan zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
  • Why no nightly today?
  • Build failed. Check again tomorrow
  • When do I have to wipe data?
  • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
  • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
  • I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
Official CyanogenMod 14.1 for flo, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
forkbomb444, zwliew
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-18
Last Updated 2016-11-18

Last edited by a moderator:

Gus Ghanem

Nov 27, 2015
Ottawa
On my 32GB Flo the System partition is 840MB, clean flashing the latest CM14.1 Nightly + Nano Gapps uses about 800MB, so all we have left on the System partition is about 40MB! Now I'm wondering if we will have enough space for CM as it grows over time...

Partial log from Open Gapps Stock:

Total System Size (KB) | 847,656
Used System Space (KB) | 805,700
Current Free Space (KB) | 41,956
Additional Space Required (KB) | 426,668

Pezmet

Feb 23, 2011
Bucharest
18.11 nightly does not boot for me. Twrp says that flash is successful. I am coming from 17.11 nightly (I have 90 mb free on my system partition). Some users are experiencing the same issue over at the bacon forums, however my one plus one is fine on the 18.11.

The 15mb increase might be the issue?

Gus Ghanem

Nov 27, 2015
Ottawa
18.11 nightly does not boot for me. Twrp says that flash is successful. I am coming from 17.11 nightly (I have 90 mb free on my system partition). Some users are experiencing the same issue over at the bacon forums, however my one plus one is fine on the 18.11.

The 15mb increase might be the issue?

It does seem to be somewhat buggier than the previous build, it did boot for me, and tried it without any gapps, Gello Browser would crash, tried Pico and Delta Gapps Base, both would not connect to a Google Account, Play Store would crash (those gapps worked fine on other builds). I'm back to factory stock for now. But yes, stick to Nov 17 for now.

GuyIncognito721

Mar 1, 2011
Oswego
Setting long press of the home button to launch search assistant does not work. Trying to get assistant working using the build.prop tweaks. Assistant shows in the google app, I just can't launch it. Also very flaky OK google voice detection.

DaveImagery

Jun 7, 2014
What if any custom kernels are available for 14.1 and the Nexus 7 Flo? I have a pretty healthy overclock on mine, and would to keep it.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Very nice! Using 11-17 currently.

Reposting my bugs from the old unofficial discussion thread:
Running decently!

Still the usual Nougat bug of Developer Options crash though. I also noticed the Live display interface doesn't do anything, and neither does the battery status icon choices for anything but portrait or text.

Maybe Developer Options only crashes when installed as MultiROM?

To avoid the log[] errors when installing, or install a Nougat ROM in MultiROM you just need a newer recovery.

Latest is here:
https://basketbuild.com/devs/Captain_Throwback/Nexus 7 2013/MultiROM

Noticed it didn't want to restore my Google device backup during the setup process (Google Play services kept crashing from a NPE :confused:), so I did it manually:
Code:
bmgr list sets;
bmgr restore 1234567890abcdef
(substitute 1234567890abcdef with the code for the backup you want)

I also noticed "ringer" is showing in the volume panel, which it shouldn't, but despite editing the build.prop with the values:
ro.carrier=wifi-only
ro.telephony.default_network=9

-it still shows. Oh well. Minor bug. I'm sure they'll get to it. ;)

Should be easily reproducible. I'll happily produce some logs if needed.

Last edited:

Gus Ghanem

Nov 27, 2015
Ottawa
Nov. 19 Nightly Build:
Clean flashed with TWRP 3.0.2-0, CM and Open Gapps Nano, no problems during flashing. Booted just fine, Google Setup went normal, signed in to Google Account, Gello Browser and Play Store are not crashing. Only had a few minutes with it so far, but seems good to go!

Stay safe, use Pico!

Apps from the Play Store will be installed to the Data Partition.

Still getting CM Bug Report Stopped...

Last edited:

utfluc

Jan 25, 2011
Buenos Aires
Nov. 19 Nightly Build:
Clean flashed with TWRP 3.0.2-0, CM and Open Gapps Nano, no problems during flashing. Booted just fine, Google Setup went normal, signed in to Google Account, Gello Browser and Play Store are not crashing. Only had a few minutes with it so far, but seems good to go!

Stay safe, use Pico!

Apps from the Play Store will be installed to the Data Partition.

Still getting CM Bug Report Stopped...

Can you please confirm if night mode is available and working? It's a deal breaker for me! Thanks

Gus Ghanem

Nov 27, 2015
Ottawa
Can you please confirm if night mode is available and working? It's a deal breaker for me! Thanks

I've never used it, but if you mean under:

Settings > Display > LiveDisplay > Display mode > Night

Then no, it doesn't look like any color related settings are working. I tried all settings, a dark room, nothing, only Adaptive Brightness and Invert colors work.

Reactions: utfluc

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
I'm getting rotation stuck in portrait, a reboot didn't even resolve it. That's a deal breaker for me. :(

Nothing shows up in the logcat when attempting to rotate.

Edit: Disregard, happens on stock now too..

Last edited:

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
I just tried Home Screen rotation a few times, no problem. Trebuchet Allow Rotation enabled, Quick Settings on AutoRotation. Try clearing launcher data.

Disregard that bug report. I booted back to Marshmallow and it still doesn't work. Guess there's something up with my accelerometer. First sign my N7 has shown of aging.. :(

Edit: and now it's working again! No rhyme or reason. :confused:

Last edited:

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Disregard that bug report. I booted back to Marshmallow and it still doesn't work. Guess there's something up with my accelerometer. First sign my N7 has shown of aging.. :(

Edit: and now it's working again! No rhyme or reason. :confused:

Mine does that to, the touchscreen stops working too. Everything comes back with a reboot
I'm going to try the hardware mod :good:

I'm using stock with a custom kernel, it's happened on everything. Bricked kernel's touchscreen fixes aren't for these issues btw, if anyone's wondering

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7-2013/general/fix-nexus-7-2013-grounding-issue-t3011140

Reactions: osm0sis

utfluc

Jan 25, 2011
Buenos Aires
I've never used it, but if you mean under:

Settings > Display > LiveDisplay > Display mode > Night

Then no, it doesn't look like any color related settings are working. I tried all settings, a dark room, nothing, only Adaptive Brightness and Invert colors work.

Thanks Gus, much appreciated your report

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Mine does that to, the touchscreen stops working too. Everything comes back with a reboot
I'm going to try the hardware mod :good:

I'm using stock with a custom kernel, it's happened on everything. Bricked kernel's touchscreen fixes aren't for these issues btw, if anyone's wondering

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7-2013/general/fix-nexus-7-2013-grounding-issue-t3011140

My touchscreen recovered after applying that mod, there's almost no risk in trying it, I used a bit of foam tape

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi65.tinypic.com%2F24kyvrs.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    EDIT:
    This thread was originally started as CyanogenMod. This has been updated to LineageOS 14.1

New Links:

Change log. Changes

Current LineageOS Nexus7 Wi-Fi 2013 "flo" links
    Device info Link
    Installation instructions Link
    Downloads Link
    Changes Link
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is not void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Wiki
    Official CyanogenMod Wiki: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Flo_Info

Installation
    First time CyanogenMod 14.1 installation on your Nexus 7 (2013):
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
    • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
    • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the CM 14.1 zip
    • Flash GApps
    • Reboot
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod (even from 13.0) :
    • Push the new CM 14.1 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
    • Reboot

Downloads
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting bugs
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    Tablet information:
    * CM version
    * Gapps version
    What you did:
    * Wipe data: y/n
    * Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
    * Restore with titanium backup: y/n
    You're using (if yes write which one) :
    * Task killer
    * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
    * Non-stock kernel
    * Modified kernel settings
    * Other mods
    Bug info:
    * Last version it worked on
    * Repro steps
    F.A.Q.
    • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
    • First of all DO NOT flash any SuperSu/SuperUser/SuperMan zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
    • Why no nightly today?
    • Build failed. Check again tomorrow
    • When do I have to wipe data?
    • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
    • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
    • I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 14.1 for flo, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    forkbomb444, zwliew
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-18
    Last Updated 2016-11-18
    Hello there everyone the latest Lineage OS 14.1 flo build with April security patches and latest lineage changes is i am happy to say finally compiled by me! Everything should be working and it seems very fast and stable so far If you want to test and try it out for yourself feel free to download and test! Cheers:)

Link here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397949750

Flo users please test this build and let me know how it goes for you!

Hello there everyone the latest Lineage OS 14.1 deb build with April security patches and latest lineage changes is i am happy to say finally compiled by me! Everything should be working and it seems very fast and stable so far If you want to test and try it out for yourself feel free to download and test! Cheers:)

Link here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397949952

Deb users please test this build and let me know how it goes for you!

Huge thank you and shout out to my good friend @ripee for helping me with building and compiling lineage 14.1 all by myself please thank him also:)
    We're on 7.1.1 now, with December 2016 patch. Dirty flashed without issues. Still stable as ever for me. Of course, the boot animation was reverted back to the old one a couple of builds ago.
    LineageOS

Δεκ 27, 2016

Gerrit is online. A few pointers:

* User accounts migrated over
    * SSH keys did not migrate over
    * You'll need to re-sign the CLA for contributions
    * Drafts are gone. :(
    * Anything submitted to CM gerrit after today around 11:59AM MST (utc-6) is not migrated over

https://plus.google.com/u/0/113897076738126120764/posts/FF19ntm8auD

https://review.lineageos.org/
    Weekly LOS 14.1 builds for flo and deb now available (latest September security patch level) from @wileyc https://lineageos.disavowed.jp