By michiil, Senior Member on 24th July 2014, 05:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2014, 08:54 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzon

Hi everyone,

How do you see the rate the tablet is charging at at?

Thanks,
Kuzon

I use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cc71.bmw&hl=en

Sadly, been having increasing problems and slowdown with the rom. Sometimes just stops reading the external usb drive despite turning off, unplugging, rebooting, all sorts of attempts. Sluggish performance from when it first was flashed - nothing has been changed or added.

29th December 2014, 09:06 PM |#102  
Flag Prerov
Thanks Meter: 70

More
CarPC Joycon EXR
sorry

wrong thread
2nd January 2015, 12:36 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Installation problem
Hi everyone
I am trying to set everything up for AutoDroid and a car installation and cannot seem to get it working.

First things first, I successfully rooted the Nexus 7, installed custom recovery and try to flash the AutoDroid ROM.
That's where I am at this point.
The problem comes now where I don't have volume buttons on the nav bar and see no settings menu to change any options.

Can someone help me with step by step instruction.

Thanks a lot
5th January 2015, 03:38 PM |#104  
You must look in the option. Anywhere you can change the screen.
5th January 2015, 10:37 PM |#105  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon818

You must look in the option. Anywhere you can change the screen.

Look in Settings / Navigation / Navigation bar / Buttons.
12th January 2015, 01:28 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Lollipop
Will there be a lollipop version of this rom in the future?
12th January 2015, 09:21 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Problem with Tablet not shutting down completely
I seem to have somewhat flaky performance with the Power Event Manager. Perhaps I messed up something in another setting that interferes?

Here are my problems:
1. Sometimes takes a long time to shut down (like 30 seconds or longer!).
2. Sometimes I think it turns back on when I'm gone, because it will be dead for no reason
3. My usb hub power light remains on lately, even after shutdown!

What am I missing? Thanks so much for any advice!
13th January 2015, 04:56 PM |#108  

More
Unfortunately I had to move back to Timur's USB Rom due to some issues with this one that were popping up. I don't think the hardware is really well enough to keep up with the version of Cyanogen this rom uses. Bummer really, as I liked it.
15th January 2015, 02:14 PM |#109  

More
So what you're saying is that you were on Autodroid, but you had to go back to Timur's Rom?

I would hate for that to be the case as there are so many good things about this cyanogen build vs. Timur's rom build.

So now you are using Timur's Rom and it's better?

Thanks for the replay poxin!
16th January 2015, 11:11 PM |#110  

More
I started off on Timur's rom and moved over to this one for a good while. Then some problems starting coming to the surface after use. Mostly with the USB drive not wanting to mount and sluggish performance. Another one would the screen would shut off and wouldn't be able to get it to respond or come back up. This would happen randomly when using Google Maps. I went back to Timur's and everything is working a lot smoother and haven't had an issue.

I didn't have any of the power problems. How is yours connected? I had a lot of problems until moving over to a dedicated power-inverter that I linked previously in the thread from Amazon.
20th January 2015, 04:12 PM |#111  

More
I did have power issues until I got the voltage to 5.3V at the plug. USB devices are designed to change their charging rate to adapt to what's supplying it. If the voltage drops, it reduces its requested current until things stabilize, so that way it won't draw more current than the adapter is designed to supply. I've noticed that most USB charging devices won't take full current unless the voltage is slightly higher than a regular USB port (and so it knows it's on a dedicated charger supply). Mine won't take enough power to charge while running unless the voltage is above 5.25V (at the plug) during use.

I'm estimating at the plug voltages since I can't really measure that easily, and of course there are some losses in the cable.

The supply definitely turns on when the ignition is on, and off when it's off, but the Nexus gets really confused. It may be because the car pulses the voltage supply when I turn the key briefly before coming on. It's clearly confused when it gets pulsed. When I have the key in the accessory position, then start it, the car interrupts power briefly. That confuses it into thinking it needs to turn off when the car is running. I hate that. Once it starts turning off, even though it waits a few seconds, it seems to continue to turn off even if it gets power back.

I'm running Multirom, so I switched back to Timur's Rom this morning, but I remembered now I have an issue where the left channel is weak. It's clearly software since it doesn't do it in Autodroid. What a pain. I'm getting frustrated. I'll see if I get pausing and the other issues with Timur's rom though. Clearly there is a lot of R&D associated with making a Nexus into a stable head unit! I was thinking that Android would be more stable than windows (for a carputer), but I'm wondering now (flame suit on .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)