FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] oxydo-revamped

4,431 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,014

By sgt. meow, Senior Member on 20th December 2014, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from sgt. meow: #3 is released!! Check post #104!
18th July 2015, 08:19 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Flashed kernel today,no problem. The only question I have is that when charging with Y cable and AC charger the battery shows charging in USB mode.
I haven't hooked up my meter to see how many MA it is using, but I hope it's more than the 500ma that USB mode provides.
Another thing I noticed is that you have to plug the charger into the Y cable and then plug into the tablet to enable charging, If you do it the other way around, cable pluged to tablet and then charger it doesn't show charging.
Thanks for all the hard work on this kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Old Guy Ad-Free
19th July 2015, 11:17 AM |#112  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guy

Flashed kernel today,no problem. The only question I have is that when charging with Y cable and AC charger the battery shows charging in USB mode.
I haven't hooked up my meter to see how many MA it is using, but I hope it's more than the 500ma that USB mode provides.
Another thing I noticed is that you have to plug the charger into the Y cable and then plug into the tablet to enable charging, If you do it the other way around, cable pluged to tablet and then charger it doesn't show charging.
Thanks for all the hard work on this kernel.

Regarding the power plugging issue, that's a limitation of the patch. Read more here.
It should be able to draw up to 1800mA but to be hinest (and maybe it's my charger or device's fault) I haven't seen it go beyond 520mA (just once) in hostmode (when charging from a laptop port of course).
20th July 2015, 12:11 PM |#113  
Flag シドニー
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Working great in my car at the moment with your kernel and PowerEventMgr.apk v1.6. Will post batt. life after some more usage.

If anyone knows how to install PowerEventMgr v1.8 from AutoDroid rom from ages ago, please let me know; would love to get video on shutdown!

Thanks a lot for this kernel Sgt. Meow
The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoLogic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CosmoLogic Ad-Free
20th July 2015, 12:34 PM |#114  
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Battery life is somewhat average around 3hrs 45 min and tab sometimes heats when playing games (offcourse not the high graphic) with just simple graphics
performance is really cool
thanks.
20th July 2015, 10:25 PM |#115  
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 396

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash9060

Battery life is somewhat average around 3hrs 45 min and tab sometimes heats when playing games (offcourse not the high graphic) with just simple graphics
performance is really cool
thanks.

Try to lower the CPU frequency to 1500 or 1400 MHz. To not heat up to much. Performance should stay good.

In my case on Orion LP gets a slightly worse on both kernel variants and batt life keeps equal in comparison to stock.
21st July 2015, 02:29 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 252

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw996

Does this kernel support double tap to wake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. meow

Not yet.

Not to be pushy, but do you have any idea when it may happen?
21st July 2015, 04:49 AM |#117  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPreacher

Try to lower the CPU frequency to 1500 or 1400 MHz. To not heat up to much. Performance should stay good.

In my case on Orion LP gets a slightly worse on both kernel variants and batt life keeps equal in comparison to stock.

Can you specify which factor of performance actually worsens? May help me to some extent.
21st July 2015, 04:50 AM |#118  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw996

Not to be pushy, but do you have any idea when it may happen?

None at all. I have a fairly busy college schedule.
21st July 2015, 10:23 AM |#119  
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 396

More
Quote:

Can you specify which factor of performance actually worsens? May help me to some extent.

I'm going to give you a more detailed review later because I need to reflash. Promise.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoPreacher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NeoPreacher Ad-Free
21st July 2015, 04:14 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 252

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

None at all. I have a fairly busy college schedule.

How many credit hours are you taking? I will be taking 17 when classes start next month.
21st July 2015, 09:42 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Installed PowerEventManager and now the tablet charges in AC mode when using an AC charger.
Also it will now charge when you plug in the charger cable, instead of having to plug in the charger first and then plug the Y cable into the tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)