FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] oxydo-revamped

4,431 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,014

By sgt. meow, Senior Member on 20th December 2014, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from sgt. meow: #3 is released!! Check post #104!
25th December 2014, 01:51 AM |#21  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 157

More
OK, finally I got the time to flash it and wow, you never stop to amaze me. What a kernel ,everything is as fluid as butter. Thanks for the great kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pride007.2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pride007.2012 Ad-Free
25th December 2014, 10:44 PM |#22  
Flag Melbourne, AUS
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucentBirch

Again, the download is not a zip file...

I noticed this too when downloading directly onto my tablet - it looks like it didn't like the # in the file name so just took that and everything after it out of the file name, including the extension.

I also don't see another .zip inside this, just the file directory, as expected. I'm going to download it again on the PC before I flash though, just to be sure.
26th December 2014, 12:13 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 650

More
All I did on file manager is click on the zip once it opens I just copy the oxydo-revamp#1.zip and paste it in my download file. Then when in recovery I select oxydo-revamp#1.zip and it flashes fine. Running this on freaks slim lp f2fs ROM and seems to cure the lag I get from time to time. Will give it a few days to see if it cures the lag but so far seems to do way better than the kernel he has loaded. Thanks for the kernel always good to see more devs building for our devices. Shows how our devices are not obsolete like many thinks it is. Soon my son will get this tablet as I go with the N9. Only reason I am doing that is my sons tab2 took a dump and he needs a tablet. This one will serve him well. Again thanks for the work.
26th December 2014, 03:32 AM |#24  
Flag Melbourne, AUS

More
Just installed with a fresh install of latest CM12, but gave me the android password screen... doesn't seem to work with data-f2fs?
The Following User Says Thank You to Finner42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Finner42 Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 12:01 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finner42

Just installed with a fresh install of latest CM12, but gave me the android password screen... doesn't seem to work with data-f2fs?

Were you on a f2fs setup beforehand? If so, there shouldn't be such a problem.
Oxydo doesn't have its own ramdisk; it creates a ramdisk based on the one already there. So if the current ramdisk is configured for f2fs, oxydo should support f2fs.
The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. meow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sgt. meow Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 12:40 PM |#26  
Flag Melbourne, AUS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. meow

Were you on a f2fs setup beforehand? If so, there shouldn't be such a problem.
Oxydo doesn't have its own ramdisk; it creates a ramdisk based on the one already there. So if the current ramdisk is configured for f2fs, oxydo should support f2fs.

This is data-only F2FS though. I was all-F2FS on the previous rom, but wanted to test a different one that was only available as EXT4, which, after formatting cache and system partitions, I'm now running with phantom kernel, and it boots fine. I'll try again with oxy tomorrow knowing that it does boot, to be sure it wasn't something else. I don't know much (anything, actually) about ramdisks, but maybe it needed to be set by another kernel first, given I changed formats?
26th December 2014, 02:42 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finner42

This is data-only F2FS though. I was all-F2FS on the previous rom, but wanted to test a different one that was only available as EXT4, which, after formatting cache and system partitions, I'm now running with phantom kernel, and it boots fine. I'll try again with oxy tomorrow knowing that it does boot, to be sure it wasn't something else. I don't know much (anything, actually) about ramdisks, but maybe it needed to be set by another kernel first, given I changed formats?

It's like this.
1. Be on a f2fs setup with a compatible kernel (LegoKernel for example).
2. NANDROID. Because you never know when you may get yourself in a fix.
3. Flash my kernel on top without changing anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. meow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sgt. meow Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 02:55 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Can anyone on this Terminal give me the output of the following commands:
Code:
su
free
Thanks in advance. And happy holidays to you people.
26th December 2014, 02:58 PM |#29  
Flag Manga Cafe
Thanks Meter: 1,127

More
I don't have my Nexus 7 with me but if you want to know the free space of /system, it's just about zero in my case. Had to remove some stuff or I couldn't even install busybox.
26th December 2014, 03:39 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccav2000

I don't have my Nexus 7 with me but if you want to know the free space of /system, it's just about zero in my case. Had to remove some stuff or I couldn't even install busybox.

No I wanted to see the exact digits for available memory. Reclaiming memory from components that don't need it. Wanted to see how much it increased exactly.
26th December 2014, 04:34 PM |#31  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 1,180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. meow

No I wanted to see the exact digits for available memory. Reclaiming memory from components that don't need it. Wanted to see how much it increased exactly.

Total mem: 996644
Used: 964572
Free: 32072
Shared: 0
Buffers: 59092

-/+ Buffers: Used 905480 Free 91164

Mike T
The Following User Says Thank You to webdroidmt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift webdroidmt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)