2,553 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,278

Post Reply Email Thread
31st October 2016, 10:50 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
Can you explain what and in which sequence you flashed? I suppose you didn't flash SuperSU in systemless mode, but in system mode. This may lead to bootloop ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA-Developers mobile app

1st November 2016, 07:24 AM |#102  
Flag nizniy novgorod
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

Can you explain what and in which sequence you flashed? I suppose you didn't flash SuperSU in systemless mode, but in system mode. This may lead to bootloop ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA-Developers mobile app

"install only rom without gapps and supersu"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINECRAFT4PDA

I have usb-otg, i flash rom from sd card, but i try install from adb sideload too and it again stuck on android logo.

you give not enough information (use f2fs? cm updater ...). try to flash any stock image through fastboot (to check working), then establish the last TWRP (I use this) and flash this ROM
1st November 2016, 04:52 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I installed this rom (7.1 version) yesterday after a clean/full wipe of the system. My previous install had been with f2fs but I couldn't get a boot with that file system. Tried changing format to ext4 and that worked, booted into Android 7.1 just fine. Had several misadventures with Supersu, first tried installing an older version and that did not let it boot; format and flashed ROM again with proper Supersu. and after a hiccup or two on boot up the tab did get back into android. Have not really tried much of anything. Installed/configured my basic apps and that went fine. The OS is not real snappy but it hasn't run very long and I have done nothing other that basic installation. I will continue to let you know as I get to use the tab more. Thanks to the dev for keeping the ol' Nexus 7 alive!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to len207 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift len207 Ad-Free
1st November 2016, 07:50 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Installed 7.1 today...followed instructions carefully and all installed smoothly without a hitch (included superSU). I've installed this on my tilapia (not grouper) by using twrp for grouper and modifying updater.script within the rom zip file (I don't use cellular data).

Overall I'm very impressed .. performance feels good given its such an early build .. great work! No noticeable issues.
1st November 2016, 08:44 PM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
@len207 Converting f2fs file systems back to ext4 is a good point I didn't have in mind yet, but as far as I know Android 7.1 changed encryption scheme (from full disk encryption to file based encryption) and there is the chance, that f2f2 is not supported fully. So people having installation problems should try to give ext4 a shoot ...
The Following User Says Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
2nd November 2016, 01:57 PM |#106  
Flag Viladecans
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

@len207 Converting f2fs file systems back to ext4 is a good point I didn't have in mind yet, but as far as I know Android 7.1 changed encryption scheme (from full disk encryption to file based encryption) and there is the chance, that f2f2 is not supported fully. So people having installation problems should try to give ext4 a shoot ...

On my experience, coming from 4.4 and fsf2 partition the installer wasn't working. After changed to ext4 the fsf2 partition it worked like a charm.
So, for sure, is better to start with ext4 partitions
6th November 2016, 10:28 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just installed 7.1 from Marshmallow. It quicker and feels better now. A little slow after boot, but after that it's good. Maybe this think can be used more besides a desk clock.
7th November 2016, 02:11 PM |#108  
Flag kolkata
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Guys how did u change from ext4 the fsf2?
7th November 2016, 02:15 PM |#109  
Flag Viladecans
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akashkyh

Guys how did u change from ext4 the fsf2?

from recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...p-2-8-t3073471

but the goal is to not use fsf2
9th November 2016, 12:29 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is the date of the next release known?
9th November 2016, 12:48 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
Most likely either today evening or tomorrow.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)