By AndDiSa, Senior Member on 23rd September 2016, 06:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2018, 04:08 PM |#2181  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamisHun

It is possible to make screenshot: long press vol- + power together!
The left-sided clock is possible, too: go to Settings - nAOSProm options - Clock setting (at the bottom) - Alignment

left clock

screenshot

nAOSP ROM is different ROM, not @AndDiSa's ROM

Sent from my M2 Note using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Bakica For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bakica Ad-Free

12th January 2018, 04:20 PM |#2182  
Flag Mezőtúr
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakica

nAOSP ROM is different ROM, not @AndDiSa's ROM

Sent from my M2 Note using Tapatalk

Ahhh, sorry... True!
13th January 2018, 02:59 PM |#2183  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 2,671

More
Version with January security fixes (2018/01/05) uploaded
Today I've uploaded a new version of the ROM (Grouper / Tilapia) containing the January security fixes. You can download them from the OP. I've cherry-picked the related commits as Google didn't update the 7.1.2 branch (yet). As I already wrote, no fixes for Sprectre for now ... just wait and see whether we will get them. (Really speaking I do not expect them )

Beside that a slight change in the kernel: I disabled LP overclocking as I noticed that battery consumption in relation to performance is better without LP overclocking. Due to that I had to adjust the intelliactive settings a bit, too.

If you are familiar with the updating process, you can download the new versions also from here: Grouper-OTA (20180112) / Tilapia-OTA (20180112)

And as always: flash on your own risk ...
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
13th January 2018, 09:25 PM |#2184  
Thanks Meter: 363

Donate to Me
More
I don't mean to spam the thread with the same question over and over. It's just that (i) My setup is slightly different than yours and (ii) I want to make sure I do it the right way.

I have no GApps whatsoever. It has microG, though; and it is root. How would I update from prior build with no losing everything? Wipe cache, dalvik and flash it over? Reboot, come back to recovery and flash root zip. Food is ready, perhaps?

Appreciate your input.
13th January 2018, 09:35 PM |#2185  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 2,671

More
@rottenwheel I suggest to do it in the following way:
- go to recovery
- flash the new ota
- reboot to recovery (normally not needed, only to be sure ...)
- flash Magisk / SuperUser
- flash microG
- clean cache / dalvik (to be sure, as it it only a minor update cleaning dalvik probably not needed)
- reboot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 06:18 PM |#2186  
Flag kolkata
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

@rottenwheel I suggest to do it in the following way:
- go to recovery
- flash the new ota
- flash Magisk / SuperUser
- flash microG
- clean cache / dalvik (to be sure, as it it only a minor update cleaning dalvik probably not needed)
- reboot

Thanks for the updates... u have given a new life to my 5 years old tablet...
14th January 2018, 09:38 PM |#2187  
Recognized Translator
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 641

More
You may already know, but I'm gonna tell how brilliant dude @AndDiSa is . For the first time I can tell that Nougat ROM isn't made by Tilapia hater

Compared to November build:

RIL is working, haven't tested the data yet, shows H+
Sound doesn't stutter while heavy typing

Compared to 3.4 ROM from Jan 4th:

It's buttery smooth! I didn't expect it to run as it is on KitKat. I don't want to install LSpeed anymore, even with snowflakes on Lawnchair! Presicious work on governor tweaking can be seen.

It's usable! Not only it boots as quickly as it should, but it doesn't freeze in half of the way. Futhermore, it didn't freeze completely for 50 minutes I've spent setting it up! All the time it was reasonably warm, not burning hot. And I think it will stay cold till you start watching videos - Youtube 12.49.55 doesn't crash for me, 720p60 is running smoothly.

Speaking of 50 minutes SoT, it took roughly 25%, should consume even less, since I had NFC and geolocation enabled, had been using recovery multiple times, have installed many apps. As for charging it's definitely a hardware problem, mine takes from 0.23 to 0.63A on any ROM.

So far there's only one thing broken - MTP doesn't work at all and it breaks adb untill reboot, other modes are working fine. MatLog shows successfull switch and start of the server, not a single warning

God bless you @AndDiSa, Tilapia can be daily-driver again. I hope many devs will take a look at your sources and you personally will try to do something with Oreo.

Those who will install this ROM should flash ROM and gapps together, then apply a command by this guy to avoid issues:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1008
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DumF0rGaming For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DumF0rGaming Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 05:09 AM |#2188  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 628

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumF0rGaming

Those who will install this ROM should flash ROM and gapps together, then apply a command by this guy to avoid issues:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1008

I've found that Setup Wizard doesn't crash if you flash Beans GApps (Mini). The crashes have only occurred for me when using OpenGApps.
Same thing on my Galaxy S5 and Nexus 6P.

I do agree that the 01/12 build is great! Lot better than the 3.4 builds, those were very laggy for some reason.
MTP Host also crashes a lot on my Nexus 7.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aureljared For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aureljared Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 08:58 AM |#2189  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

If you are familiar with the updating process, you can download the new versions also from here:

And as always: flash on your own risk ...

AndDiSa, I just flashed your December build a day or two prior to you uploading this. The December flash was my first time flashing a non-stock ROM on a grouper, so pardon my ignorance. A few questions and comments for you.

1. How to update to the January build? Boot into TWRP and then install the January OTA? If so, does that erase the apps, settings and alike? Will this be necessary when installing updates? I too like clean installs to make the installation smooth, but re-installing apps (not the Google apps) again would be a major pain.

2. The link and reference to TWRP 3.2.0 is obsolete as TWRP has de-listed 3.2.0 and replaced it with 3.2.1.0. New users like myself can benefit from that TWRP link getting updated to 3.2.1.0.

3. The swipe gesture required during the lockscreen to bring up a pattern/PIN/password prompt is "longer" than with stock 5.1.2. I say "longer" because I literally now have to swipe the entire length of the screen to bring up a pattern/PIN/password prompt when attempting to unlock from a locked state. For that matter, even home screen app page scrolls (using Google Now launcher) require a "longer" swipe. Unsure where to change this setting or this is part of your ROM, but I thought I let you know of this difference.

4. The battery indicator doesn't indicate a charging status when awake. Only when I powered down did I see that it was indeed charging. I thought I had a bad cable or connection, but after powering it down did I see that I was able to charge without issue. Perhaps this is a bug? I'll continue to monitor this to see if I can replicate this as I only have a few days worth of operation time.

5. The performance of the December build over stock Android 5.1.2 is much improved, but not as quick as a factory wipe and install of 5.1.2. It may be because 7.1.2 is more resource-heavy, but I'm glad to have this over stock 5.1.2 when loaded with my set of apps.

Thanks for your work! The grouper is alive again thanks to you!
16th January 2018, 03:32 AM |#2190  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
does does anyone know if there is a fully compatible version of powereventmanager for nougat releases? the one I am on now only works half of the time (even less tbh)

also, I could use a kernel that allows me to turn mpdecision off. the one included in this rom doesn't seem to sport that option with kernel managers (ex kernel manager, kernel adiutor, etc)
18th January 2018, 08:00 AM |#2191  
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f23coupe

AndDiSa, I just flashed your December build a day or two prior to you uploading this. The December flash was my first time flashing a non-stock ROM on a grouper, so pardon my ignorance. A few questions and comments for you.

1. How to update to the January build? Boot into TWRP and then install the January OTA? If so, does that erase the apps, settings and alike? Will this be necessary when installing updates? I too like clean installs to make the installation smooth, but re-installing apps (not the Google apps) again would be a major pain.

2. The link and reference to TWRP 3.2.0 is obsolete as TWRP has de-listed 3.2.0 and replaced it with 3.2.1.0. New users like myself can benefit from that TWRP link getting updated to 3.2.1.0.

3. The swipe gesture required during the lockscreen to bring up a pattern/PIN/password prompt is "longer" than with stock 5.1.2. I say "longer" because I literally now have to swipe the entire length of the screen to bring up a pattern/PIN/password prompt when attempting to unlock from a locked state. For that matter, even home screen app page scrolls (using Google Now launcher) require a "longer" swipe. Unsure where to change this setting or this is part of your ROM, but I thought I let you know of this difference.

4. The battery indicator doesn't indicate a charging status when awake. Only when I powered down did I see that it was indeed charging. I thought I had a bad cable or connection, but after powering it down did I see that I was able to charge without issue. Perhaps this is a bug? I'll continue to monitor this to see if I can replicate this as I only have a few days worth of operation time.

5. The performance of the December build over stock Android 5.1.2 is much improved, but not as quick as a factory wipe and install of 5.1.2. It may be because 7.1.2 is more resource-heavy, but I'm glad to have this over stock 5.1.2 when loaded with my set of apps.

Thanks for your work! The grouper is alive again thanks to you!

1. boot to twrp, flash rom and re-flash gapps. No apps or settings will be erased, but you need to re-flash gapps. If you want root, flash magisk too.

3. same for me, there's also a similar bug on pixel 2 phones, that has a magisk fix but i haven't tried on the n7.

4. I do not have this issue, swipe down the notification tray and it should indicate that it's charging on the battery tile. Also, it should say charging on the lockscreen.

5. Mine's faster, but that may depend on how bad your nand is.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)