2,553 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,278

Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2016, 01:42 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
You have bootloop issues when you try to start recovery? That's strange and it should not happen. Bootloops in the ROM part could be caused by the integrated SuperSU in your ROM. The /system partiton is very full and SuperSU should be installed systemless. I don't know how you've integrated that. Nevertheless recovery shouldn't be affected.

25th September 2016, 03:10 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

You have bootloop issues when you try to start recovery? That's strange and it should not happen. Bootloops in the ROM part could be caused by the integrated SuperSU in your ROM. The /system partiton is very full and SuperSU should be installed systemless. I don't know how you've integrated that. Nevertheless recovery shouldn't be affected.

I believe he is getting the same issue as I reported in post #9. When I tried to boot into recovery after flashing the rom, I was getting repeated error msgs. The only way out from this loop is to issue adb reboot recovery and flashing twrp again. I believe others ran into this situation as well. Hopefully, this can be fixed.
26th September 2016, 02:42 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
I updated from 6 with ParrotGeek mod....my system is super slow. Should I have deleted the mod first? I followed the OP's recommended flash.....ext4 sys. All seems to work tho except Adaway.
thxs
26th September 2016, 08:00 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
I didn't try parrotmod yet so I cannot say what is remaining from it when you are flashing a new ROM. I suppose everything should be wiped out. Probably you can take a logcat to see what are the problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA-Developers mobile app
27th September 2016, 04:56 PM |#25  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Quote:

I succeed to fix recovery problems.
They were caused by applying recovery patch from init.rc.
I have commented part that creates that patch: https://github.com/millosr/android_b...43f7f34a011d5a
I've also commented flash_recovery service in init.rc : https://github.com/millosr/device_as...m_core.patch.2

I've tried to build ota with TARGET_NO_RECOVERY = true, but didn't have success with it.

BTW: I don't have SuperSU but integrated Superuser with android App Ops. It isn't big. I use opengapps pico. I have 120MB free on system partition after flashing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to millosr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift millosr Ad-Free
27th September 2016, 05:55 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millosr

I succeed to fix recovery problems.
They were caused by applying recovery patch from init.rc.
I have commented part that creates that patch: https://github.com/millosr/android_b...43f7f34a011d5a
I've also commented flash_recovery service in init.rc : https://github.com/millosr/device_as...m_core.patch.2

I've tried to build ota with TARGET_NO_RECOVERY = true, but didn't have success with it.

BTW: I don't have SuperSU but integrated Superuser with android App Ops. It isn't big. I use opengapps pico. I have 120MB free on system partition after flashing.

Great findings. Those 2 error messages were the ones I got repeatedly when trying to boot to recovery. Hope your fix will be incorporated in the next build of the rom soon. Thx.
27th September 2016, 06:47 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
@millosr thanks for the hint.
On AOSP 6 I was using my own "patched" build environment and I switched to the AOSP one only now, so I didn't notice that there is such a recovery installation precedure built in now ...
As I normally flash the ROM by using fastboot I didn't even notice these problems.
17th October 2016, 01:53 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

• even if f2fs is supported by the ROM, I did not test it and the TWRP version linked above does not support it, so you are on your own

What do you mean by does not support it? I changed the file system for data/cache from ext4 to F2FS without problems. Will AOSP 7.0 work on ext4 without lagging?
Do you plan to update your build or is it stabled enough so far?
17th October 2016, 02:53 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
TWRP may not be able to mount /cache and/or /data if you use f2fs which may cause some issues because /cache is used by TWRP, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
17th October 2016, 04:15 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
waiting for bluetooth fix and latest security fixes...
20th October 2016, 12:29 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
How well does this ROM work on grouper??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)