Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2020, 07:54 PM |#4051  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 4,107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGH-i200

You describe very well why I buy last generation Pixel smartphones for my whole family. The Pixel 2 and 3a are real cheap on eBay nowadays.

The 3a is really a very good device for it's price ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
10th February 2020, 08:00 PM |#4052  
Forum Moderator
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 8,369

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGH-i200

You describe very well why I buy last generation Pixel smartphones for my whole family. The Pixel 2 and 3a are real cheap on eBay nowadays.

You made a good move there!

Same reason I bought an Essential Phone in 2018, its a perfect example of a nicely balanced Android device for not much money at all... and with updates until 2022 at least I'm happy for another couple of years. This is how Android should be, relatively cheap and with long updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

The 3a is really a very good device for it's price ...

It is a good one, although personally I would go for a nice condition used Pixel 2XL 128GB. It has a better SoC, screen, storage, speakers... just about everything and for about the same price or cheaper.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CamoGeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CamoGeko Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 09:10 PM |#4053  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Wow this rom restored my Nexus 7! If you can't pass the initial screen and it crashes go select a language to force it to next step worked for me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evo4ger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evo4ger Ad-Free
12th February 2020, 04:03 PM |#4054  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Just flashed the two N7 Grouper in our family with the latest ROM and they work flawless-

Thanks for still providing these devices with updates
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Charles82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sir Charles82 Ad-Free
12th February 2020, 04:39 PM |#4055  
Flag Nature Coast
Thanks Meter: 137

Donate to Me
More
R.I.P,. my grouper.
Bought is (barely) used in 2014.
Last month started to freeze randomly.
Flash it back to factory, then back to this AOSP.
Week later, random freezing again.
Went ahead and formatted the three basic partitions in fastboot. Flashed AOSP again; worked for a few days, until I started to add more apps.
Now I can only boot it in to fastboot and or TWRP. Can't format system nor userdata.
Thank you, @AndDiSa, for keeping this ancient tablet alive for this long.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
12th February 2020, 07:29 PM |#4056  
Flag Metz
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Mine also begins to age I have to press regularly on the back so that the sound comes back on the left and the right ... bought in November 2012
Thanks AndiSa
12th February 2020, 09:04 PM |#4057  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoGeko

I bought an Essential Phone in 2018 [...] with updates until 2022 at least I'm happy for another couple of years. This is how Android should be, relatively cheap and with long updates!

Bad news for you: "Essential shuts down: No more PH-1 updates, No GEM phone" https://www.xda-developers.com/essen...-more-updates/

This shows that a company which only updates the old phones and does not sell new ones won't stay long in this market. Too bad.

Will you switch to a Pixel now? Maybe someone will build a custom ROM for the Essential Phone l, with the help of the tools mentioned in the XDA news article.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SGH-i200 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SGH-i200 Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 10:24 PM |#4058  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paasoares

As far as i know, you canĀ“t use this device (even the tilapia version) for making phone calls.
Tilapia version allows you to use 3G but no phone functionality.

cheers

Thank you so much for your reply!
16th February 2020, 12:16 PM |#4059  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The system goes into reboot after connecting to the Internet through the Hot Spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoNik7

Good ROM. Only one problem stretches from version to version.
The system goes into reboot after connecting to the Internet through the Hot Spot of the mobile phone. As soon as the application upgrade begins, so restart. Not on the first app, so on the second.
It would be great to get rid of her. I suspect that the problem is due to the inability of the Wi-Fi driver to correctly process a significant change in the speed of the mobile channel, which is heard through the Wi-Fi point.

After installing the pre-Christmas update, problems with working via Wi-Fi mobile phone on Tilapia disappeared. If the author has not corrected anything, then Google spoils the communication module from time to time. I 'm afraid to install further versions with their security updates.
Today, 12:49 PM |#4060  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Dirty flashed (grouper) and whilst it all worked, my Nexus was rather laggy. As I'd dirty flashed last month's update, I figured maybe it was time for a spring clean. So I wiped, clean flashed and re-installed everything from scratch. All okay (touch wood). Thanks again @AndDiSa

Wiping and clean flashing does make the update process longer but I do think it's worth the extra effort.
Today, 03:26 PM |#4061  
Forum Moderator
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 8,369

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesGirauds

Wiping and clean flashing does make the update process longer but I do think it's worth the extra effort.

Clean flashing is always preferred and always worth it on any Android device.

Just gotta remember to back-up first.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)