Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2020, 06:10 PM |#4251  
Flag Klang Valley
Thanks Meter: 446

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeataol

For several versions of this rom, I've noticed that I occasionally had to remove and reinstall the USB cable for the tab to start charging. (If I had taken it off the charger while it was running).

Overall I ignored it, it's a minor annoyance and otherwise the ROM is fantastic.

Try using another cable to be sure
14th May 2020, 08:33 PM |#4252  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeataol

For several versions of this rom, I've noticed that I occasionally had to remove and reinstall the USB cable for the tab to start charging. (If I had taken it off the charger while it was running).

Overall I ignored it, it's a minor annoyance and otherwise the ROM is fantastic.

I have noticed that too, and sometimes i have to restart, without the cable to get it to charge again.
14th May 2020, 09:25 PM |#4253  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 4,263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by street_dog

I have noticed that too, and sometimes i have to restart, without the cable to get it to charge again.

It's a known issue that the Nexus 7 does not charge / has difficulties to charge if it's booted with the usb cable connected. You need to "trigger", i.e. the device needs to detect a change before charging is enabled.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
15th May 2020, 04:30 PM |#4254  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

It's a known issue that the Nexus 7 does not charge / has difficulties to charge if it's booted with the usb cable connected. You need to "trigger", i.e. the device needs to detect a change before charging is enabled.

now that was something i had missed, because it appeared after i flashed this ROM. but i am aware of it and it doesn't bother me. is this connected to the not chargeable drained battery? that one is a bit annoying.
17th May 2020, 04:04 PM |#4255  
Flag Buenos Aires, ARG
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I do not know if it is a kernel issue or a Rom issue but i can't read pendrives formatted in exfat...TWRP let me see the pendrive but the system no...anyone has the same issue?
18th May 2020, 02:04 PM |#4256  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not charging
Quote:
Originally Posted by street_dog

Same here.
18th May 2020, 07:57 PM |#4257  
Flag Colmar
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rori1977

Grouper OTA-Package (Build 20200508) installed sucessfully comming from April Version.

Smooth upgrade...All good. Thanks.

Same here, just a weird crash with Solid Explorer and no time to check further last week, but after uninstalling it, wiping cache & Dalvik and installing it back today, everything is fine again! Thanks AnDiSa

Sent from my grouper using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote:

I might be a really lucky guy, because, as my battery was around 44%, I've plugged the cable in and I've just done two tests : first, a reboot and second, a cold start. In both cases, it's still charging as expected, so I dont have this issue at all on my grouper...

19th May 2020, 07:44 AM |#4258  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsw_informatrix

I might be a really lucky guy, because, as my battery was around 44%, I've plugged the cable in and I've just done two tests : first, a reboot and second, a cold start. In both cases, it's still charging as expected, so I dont have this issue at all on my grouper...

Ime, it's intermittent. I can go weeks without it happening then, seemingly out of the blue, it'll happen again. I've no idea why it happens (that is, the exact circumstances) but it does. I'm in the habit of checking that it's actually charging when I plug the cable in.
The Following User Says Thank You to LesGirauds For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LesGirauds Ad-Free
19th May 2020, 08:17 AM |#4259  
Flag Colmar
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesGirauds

Ime, it's intermittent. I can go weeks without it happening then, seemingly out of the blue, it'll happen again. I've no idea why it happens (that is, the exact circumstances) but it does. I'm in the habit of checking that it's actually charging when I plug the cable in.

OK, thank you, I will keep that in mind and report here, in case it happens to me too...

21st May 2020, 03:56 AM |#4260  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

It's amazing what you have done! You have given a new life to this 8 year old hardware and saved it from doing into a landfill. Thanks you!

I noticed that the Zip file failed with an error initially but worked once I renamed it to a shorter name. Not sure if others faced it as well. I came from XenonHD (5.1.x)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)