Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2020, 06:44 AM |#4291  
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsw_informatrix

Go back 7 posts before yours and you will find a screenshot of mine

😊 Thanks but if you read better I was talking about settings not the result like in your screen shots
30th June 2020, 08:49 AM |#4292  
Flag Colmar
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod100

😊 Thanks but if you read better I was talking about settings not the result like in your screen shots

I've made 2 posts the 18th of June, the first indeed with results of SafetyNet (2 screenshots) and the second one with my MagiskHide settings for Google Play Services, that was the one I was talking about... I even counted the number of posts for you, so I think that you are the one that need to read better, not me

Sent from my grouper using XDA Labs
30th June 2020, 10:49 AM |#4293  
Flag Malmö

More
Quote:

I've made 2 posts the 18th of June, the first indeed with results of SafetyNet (2 screenshots) and the second one with my MagiskHide settings for Google Play Services, that was the one I was talking about... I even counted the number of posts for you, so I think that you are the one that need to read better, not me

Well i see that too but is not working
30th June 2020, 11:36 AM |#4294  
Flag Colmar

More
Quote:

Well i see that too but is not working

Then I'm sorry for you, as I can't see how I can help you more that what is already in my two posts. Perhaps you should follow my advice in the first one...

30th June 2020, 01:11 PM |#4295  
Flag Malmö

More
Quote:

Then I'm sorry for you, as I can't see how I can help you more that what is already in my two posts. Perhaps you should follow my advice in the first one...

Don't be ! I just read on xda an article about changes in safety net and for now is no solution Untill the devs find a workaround
30th June 2020, 04:59 PM |#4296  
Flag Colmar

More
Quote:

Don't be ! I just read on xda an article about changes in safety net and for now is no solution Untill the devs find a workaround

Thank you for the tip I've just read it and made the hardware activation test from Displax (Magisk General Support thread / post #40370) = the value ils still "BASIC" on my device you should do it too... If you see "BASIC, HARDWARE_BACKED", that will be indeed the reason why it doesn't work for you...

1st July 2020, 08:19 PM |#4297  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adroeurope

Thank you DEV for a reviveing rom. I use it in a dash car I just builded. My problem is also the usb stick - I use a powered usb hub and a 60G FAT32 card.
Yes, I can explore it but cannot make music players to play another song. In explorer I see the content, players alone cannot discover the sd card but play the song I click in explorer. After song finishes, IT STOPS. Players - I tried several - will not see the other song/folder. I play flac. After a week of tests with different roms and apps and magisk modules, yesterday somehow all worked....in the end. Hard to say how. Today i did not test the sistem yet, a little latter. Keep your fingers crossed, thank you, will be back.

Last edit - well...does not work. Bare rom - no gapps - only magisk - looses usb connection - shows usb host not working. Only way to go on - I used selinux and usb mount apk. Native music player play 1 mp3 only if selected in explorer, neutron - for flac - also plays only one selected song.

As you know, inner storage is too small, especialy for flac. This one seemed to me the best rom for the old Nexus...(2012). Any solution for playing music from SD?

In fact I think it loses USB connection, i.e. the connection will not be loose, but, however, I have lots of experiences regarding USB OTG memory:

1. With some previous ROM version from 2018 I did not manage to get the OTG adapter work, i.e. the USB stick was not detected.
2. After having updated my Nexus 7 device to the March 2020 version, OTG works. Thanks to the developer!
3. My devices running Android 6, 7 or 8.1 usually detect USB sticks, but programs need the SAF mechanism to access them. See below.
4. My devices running Android 9 "mounted" the sticks, i.e. they are treated like SD cards.
5. I do not have any device running Android 10, but Google documents state that USB stick handling was improved from 9.

So what about "mount" and "SAF"?

"Mount" means that your files are visible through the "normal" file system, usually "/storage/emulated/0" for internal memory and "/storage/abcd-defg" or similar for SD card or USB OTG memory. Android's media scanner handles these devices, and all dumb straightforward Android player applications find and play the music. Same with pictures and movies. My investigations showed that one needs Android 9 or later.

"SAF" means that any application that is able to handle Google's strange and proprietary "Storage Access Framework" can handle the files, or partially handle, because SAF is ... somewhat ... ähhh ... imperfect. There are some really good file manager applications with SAF support, otherwise you need Android's built-in, very basic file manager (accessible through the "Settings" application).

Of course it's possible to play music from SAF storage (which also can be some server share, via SMB or SFTP or similar), but the application must be able to handle it. The only application I know of (but here might be more) is that one I wrote. It's available in F-Droid and Play Store, but it's still very basic (under development). If Google's search works, just try searching for "music player with SAF support". You should then find any (not only mine) application that can handle this.

PS: I remember that I once tested various USB sticks with my Nexus 5, and some did not work while others did. Maybe the not working ones draw too much energy from the USB port (so called vampire sticks).
2nd July 2020, 08:24 AM |#4298  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
WiFi?
I want to thank AndDiSa for maintaining a smooth, functional, workable ROM for such an old device even in 2020. God bless you!

I just have one query- Is the WiFi drop issue solved yet in the latest build (20200508)? I searched the thread but couldn't find anything recent about it.

Thanks so much!
2nd July 2020, 10:08 AM |#4299  
Thanks Meter: 542

More
After flashing this rom on grouper, the battery doesn't charge anymore. Neither in Android, nor in offline charge! In offline charge mode after short pressing the power button, bootloader should display a charging animation, but the device just boots.
Rebooting to TWRP and charging will work, as well as offline charging mode.
Booting into the rom broke it again.
I guess some later changes by google in kernel caused this, as kitkat roms never has this problem.
2nd July 2020, 12:09 PM |#4300  
Thanks Meter: 1,366

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsheep

After flashing this rom on grouper, the battery doesn't charge anymore. Neither in Android, nor in offline charge! In offline charge mode after short pressing the power button, bootloader should display a charging animation, but the device just boots.
Rebooting to TWRP and charging will work, as well as offline charging mode.
Booting into the rom broke it again.
I guess some later changes by google in kernel caused this, as kitkat roms never has this problem.

I think this has been covered 1 page back and AnDiSa has explained it too. Maybe try these suggestions. The N7 is very picky about charging.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTCDreamOn Ad-Free
2nd July 2020, 10:07 PM |#4301  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I'm trying to transfer files into my pc, but it won't detect the tablet, help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)