Thanks Meter: 562

Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2015, 12:43 PM |#201  
London
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
quick questions for @dmitrygr :

is the thread dead or are you still working on this fantastic rom?

thanks in advance for your response and most importantly thanks for the rom!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliaAlberti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EliaAlberti Ad-Free
7th November 2015, 02:28 PM |#202  
Flag Civitavecchia
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Any way to get advanced reboot menu?

Sent from my Landlord-powered HTC OneM8
7th November 2015, 04:09 PM |#203  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1

Any way to get advanced reboot menu?

Quick Reboot from the Play Store.
The Following User Says Thank You to hokiealumnus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hokiealumnus Ad-Free
12th November 2015, 02:21 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No sound
Thanks for your great work,works perfect but i dont have sound in the system,youtube no sound ?
What can I do ?
Thanks Philippe
12th November 2015, 10:07 PM |#205  
Flag Civitavecchia
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galid2015

Thanks for your great work,works perfect but i dont have sound in the system,youtube no sound ?
What can I do ?
Thanks Philippe

See post 192, or try to download voice for google maps. You should see pico tts freezing. Choose the voice you downloaded. After that you should have sounds everywhere. At least it worked for me.

23rd November 2015, 04:42 AM |#206  
I tried ripping the grouper-M-TWRP_v1.1.zip apart, extracting boot.img and unpacking it, changing the fstab to f2fs (along with removing some of the incompatible mount options), repacking the boot.img, and zipping up a new grouper-M-f2fs.zip for a test run install.

Ran TWRP to convert 'cache' and 'data' to f2fs, then adb pushed my new install zip onto /sdcard/ and ran the installer.

the console output seemed to be the same as the ext4 version, but when I rebooted (warm or cold boot) it spun on the google screen, and then booted back into recovery.

Not sure -why- it's not continuing the boot correctly, and i'm not sure if i can even get a log that early in the boot in order to find out if the mount is somehow failing (and thus rebooting...)

but I'll keep looking into it, because this with f2fs would be the best
23rd November 2015, 05:47 AM |#207  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 4,163

More
I doubt f2fs is built in into the kernel ...
25th November 2015, 01:26 AM |#208  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 562

Donate to Me
More
my kernel was not built with f2fs
but i did provide all sources, so you can add it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmitrygr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmitrygr Ad-Free
25th November 2015, 04:17 AM |#209  
rebuilding with f2fs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrygr

my kernel was not built with f2fs
but i did provide all sources, so you can add it

Woo, OP! 1st, thanks for putting this together.

I think I can handle rebuilding the kernel, that shouldn't be a problem, and then inserting it into the install package is trivial.
Fortunately, franciscofranco did the hard-lifting of backporting f2fs into 3.1.10

That said, one of the things that would also be useful is rebasing the whole android package against the latest 6.0 release marker.
I've tried to do that as well using the directions, but failed miserably during patching. I haven't spent a ton of time yet trying to
figure out the breakage... Maybe after I get an f2fs kernel built, unless somebody beats me to it.

I sure picked a difficult way to start the custom android rom building...
25th November 2015, 05:44 AM |#210  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 4,163

More
@ak_hepcat where do you need to patch? The packages where @dmitrygr did the patches for grouper are not changed lately, so adapting it to e.g. 6.0.0_r05 is quite easy. You can have a look at my repo on github if you like.
25th November 2015, 05:57 AM |#211  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Hi guys. Is there somewhere a updated flashable build out there that fixes the minor bugs?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)