FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Kernel][Official][6.0.1/7.x][Grouper N7 2012][F2FS/EXT4][OTG] Beanstalk ROM

480 posts
Thanks Meter: 591

By krassermensch, Senior Member on 11th February 2016, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from krassermensch: This is Beanstalk ROM for Grouper based on LOS including lots of features. 15.04.: Updated to BS Nougat
Krassermensch (that's me)
is pleased to present you official Beanstalk builds for our beloved
Nexus 7 2012 WiFi

I'm not that kind of big thread writer. So I'll try to keep it short. Also keep in mind that I'm not responsible for any damage that will occur to your device although it's almost impossible to break your device. If there are any problems appearing to you feel free to ask for help. Although I'd really like you to read the whole post

Features:

compiled using UberTC for best user experience

LineageOS based

PIE

Built in Task Manager switcher

OnTheGo Mode

App Circle bar

System UI Tuner

Quicker system animations

Trimmed down fat and excess bloat

Option to enable all widgets

Numerous extra lockscreen options

LCD Density

Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v

Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v

3-minit battery support

Clock and date options

Contextual Header - Original and Polygraphic

Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar

Do not disturb option

Show notification count

Recent screen options

Customizable navigation bar

Use Omniswitch as default recents

Built-in screen record

Toast animations

App Circle bar

Gesture Anywhere

Disable FC warnings

Disable Immersive message

Force expanded Notifications

Configure scrolling cache

Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred

Less frequent Notification sounds options

CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows

Enable/disable wake up on charge option

Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu

LOS Performance options and features

Hide superuser icon

Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default

Wakelock Blocker

Custom Snap Camera which works much better than AOSP

New Kernel Control

Gello browser

My own custom kernel including CPU OC and UV, GPU OC, DT2W, F2FS support, OTG support and such things

many many more

Bugs:

None I could find but you tell me

Flash instructions

1. make sure you have a current TWRP installed (3.1.0.0)
---> feel free to ask how to flash it if you don't know how
2. Download current Beanstalk ROM package to your device:
Download Marshmallow
Download Nougat
3. Download my Gapps (recommended as they work the best and are clean):
Download Marshmallow
Download Nougat
--> I really don't recommend any other GApps package as I configured the package to work with our grouper perfectly, any other package would probably cause issues due to the small system partition
4. Reboot to recovery (Turn off your device, press Power & Vol- and choose Recovery)
5. Wipe system, data, dalvik/art cache and cache partitions (optionally use f2fs)
6. Install ROM, then GApps (don't install any additional system mod if u use GApps as there's no space for it)

Screenshots:

Credits:
scott.hart.bti -- the main beanstalk developer
daniel_hk -- I cherry-picked some commits from his Github
krassermensch -- me
Beanstalk team for supporting me
All the CustomROMs Beanstalk's code is based on (watch Beanstalk sources)
please consider donating to these people as well

Source:
My Github

XDA:DevDB Information
Beanstalk ROM for Nexus 7, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
krassermensch, scott.hart.bti
Source Code: https://github.com/scotthartbti/android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-02-11
Last Updated 2017-04-26
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160211-141643.png
Views:	39592
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	3642197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160211-141648.png
Views:	39612
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	3642198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160211-141912.png
Views:	39526
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	3642199  
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to krassermensch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krassermensch Ad-Free
11th February 2016, 04:20 PM |#2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Awesome, downloading right away.
11th February 2016, 04:38 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lindach /\ Würzburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMan_1990

Awesome, downloading right away.

Great to hear about people who are interested in my work. Hope you're lucky with all the features in the ROM. Looking forward to your report. Hopefully there'll be some more comments when I'm back from driving school

Happy flashing to all of you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krassermensch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krassermensch Ad-Free
11th February 2016, 07:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
I'm going to for sure try this ROM. Thanks
11th February 2016, 10:58 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lindach /\ Würzburg

Donate to Me
More
Just rewrote GApps package. It includes swype keyboard support and face unlock now. I'll probably upload it tomorrow as it would take ?1h to upload this roughly 60MB file. I hope you'd like to see these features as well.

Furthermore I'm planning to add some features to the kernel. Just tell me if you'd like to see something like that, too
12th February 2016, 09:15 AM |#6  
Flag Kolkata

More
Here is a short review... So far very good, but the Gapps has some issues. I had to revart back open gapps pico pack to resolve the issue. I have been using Beanstalk with my phone from last couple of months so, it was like walking in park for me. Everything is there as well some unnecessary things like vibration module settings, but I guess that is due to the same tree that has been using with other beanstalk ROM. and by the way @krassermensch thanks for the bulid.
12th February 2016, 10:47 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lindach /\ Würzburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here is a short review... So far very good, but the Gapps has some issues. I had to revart back open gapps pico pack to resolve the issue. I have been using Beanstalk with my phone from last couple of months so, it was like walking in park for me. Everything is there as well some unnecessary things like vibration module settings, but I guess that is due to the same tree that has been using with other beanstalk ROM. and by the way @krassermensch thanks for the bulid.

Thanks a lot for the first review what exactly were the bugs you experienced using my GApps package? It'd be awesome if you could tell me so I could try to fix it
12th February 2016, 12:57 PM |#8  
Flag Kolkata

More
I got error that some apps are not compatible with Grouper, like G+.
12th February 2016, 03:25 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lindach /\ Würzburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I got error that some apps are not compatible with Grouper, like G+.

Do these apps not start or does the PlayStore say that these apps are incompatible? Furthermore keep in mind that the Nexus 7's system partition is limited. That means that in case you install a gapps package which is too big it doesn't fit in your system partition. If it's the PlayStore issue that occurs to me as well the solution is quite simple. As the play store reads your build.prop for your device informations and as a tablet of this size with this pixel density running marshmallow isn't verified yet, the play store tells you some apps are incompatible. Solutions:
- download and install an incompatible app from websites like apkmirror
- use market helper https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwb2OJUvDO5razR0YzZFQVhISVU/view?pref=2&pli=1
- dirty: change build.prop entrys:
Open the file /system/build.prop using a text editor
change the entrys ro.product.model to Nexus 4 and ro.product.manufacturer to LGE

Good luck. I hope these apps will be compatible in the near future but that's something a developer can hardly fix. It's Google's task to make it work. Let's see...
12th February 2016, 05:38 PM |#10  
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krassermensch

Do these apps not start or does the PlayStore say that these apps are incompatible? Furthermore keep in mind that the Nexus 7's system partition is limited. That means that in case you install a gapps package which is too big it doesn't fit in your system partition. If it's the PlayStore issue that occurs to me as well the solution is quite simple. As the play store reads your build.prop for your device informations and as a tablet of this size with this pixel density running marshmallow isn't verified yet, the play store tells you some apps are incompatible. Solutions:
- download and install an incompatible app from websites like apkmirror
- use market helper https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwb...w?pref=2&pli=1
- dirty: change build.prop entrys:
Open the file /system/build.prop using a text editor
change the entrys ro.product.model to Nexus 4 and ro.product.manufacturer to LGE

Good luck. I hope these apps will be compatible in the near future but that's something a developer can hardly fix. It's Google's task to make it work. Let's see...

Nah!! It said "this version of this application is not compatible with your device". pico gapps solved the issue, now everything is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to DutchMan_1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DutchMan_1990 Ad-Free
12th February 2016, 11:28 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lindach /\ Würzburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nah!! It said "this version of this application is not compatible with your device". pico gapps solved the issue, now everything is fine.

OK? Strange. I guess it's because my gapps package creates an own line in the build.prop and that's something the Play Store is confused about but I'm not sure. Although good to know that pico open gapps work. I'll work on my gapps package again before I upload it. Moreover I added some really usefull and powersaving features to the kernel as well as some governors that might be usefull. Furthermore OC options are included now, too. Hope everything will work stable. If everything works well you'll see these features in Beanstalk 6.08. Until then I'm gonna work on a totally new GApps package. I hope it's done before school time starts again as I'm too busy then. Let's see...
The Following User Says Thank You to krassermensch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krassermensch Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)