By TureX, Senior Member on 27th March 2020, 10:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
*** Disclamer

By downloading and installing this ROM you agree that you do so at
your own risk, and that you understand that it probably voids your
warranty. (But does anyone still have an active warranty on this 2012
device?)

Introduction

And yet another cyanogenmod/lineage os build, compiled with linaro gcc for better optimization. Don't ask for tilapia is just for grouper

Installation instructions
Back up your data and previous ROM with last TWRP
Download from link below.
Wipe system, cache, dalvik.
Also wipe data unless you are coming from another rom
Install the ROM.
Optionally install opengapps arm for 7.1.2 , but i suggest to use microg
Reboot.
WAIT for system to settle before you decide it is slow. Some of the app optimization which used to happen during initial boot now seems to happen in the background. When it's finished, responsiveness will improve.
Also i suggest to disable adaptive brigtness, live display,ambient display for better performance.
Optionally root with Magisk

I suggest to format cache and data with f2fs file system

Source : https://github.com/turex

Credits / Thanks
Google / AOSP
CyanogenMod
@AndDiSa for AOSP 7.1 -- I use his kernel tree and device tree with little modification
@Clamor - for his work in Unlegacy
@Ziyann - for his work in Unlegacy
@unlegacy-Android team - for kernel and tree

XDAevDB Information
Unofficial CM14.1 for Nexus 7, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
AndDiSa, TureX

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.10
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2020-03-27
Last Updated 2020-04-16
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200327-221540.png
Views:	1768
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	4980237   Click image for larger version

Name:	bench.png
Views:	734
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	5001409  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TureX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TureX Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 10:20 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Download

Last build :
-16/04/2020
Changelog :
Fix Settings
revert to linaro 6.5

-26/03/2020 (initial build)
Changelog :
Update to March 2020 security patch
Add signature spoofing for microg

-29/03/2020
Changelog :
set pmf to 0 to avoid some wifi connection issue
compiled with linaro 6.5

-09/04/2020
Changelog :
update to april security patch
tcp congestion algoritm added

-11/04/2020
Changelog :
remove apps
add i/o scheduler (sioplus)
update to linaro gcc 7.5

N.B. 11/04 build has a little bug on settings due to an aggressive(maybe) debloat, i will fix soon
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TureX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TureX Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 01:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Let's flash this Rom now!
Thank you very much!
(I use Google Translate.)
29th March 2020, 08:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I flashed this ROM (clean flash) just to try it out - it's really smooth and responsive, I like it. I flashed Magisk for root, again no problems

A note to others; there's not enough space to flash Gapps (even Pico) so I don't know if there's a way to install Gapps.

I've not used MicroG before and I could not get it to work fully. That is, I could install apps (via Aurora Store) but there were some apps (like Authy, BlueMail and Skype) that said they needed Google Play Services. Maybe I did something wrong? Or missed something out?

I wasn't sure what I needed to do tbh and I didn't know what I needed in terms of components. First time, I installed microg through Magisk - it installed ok but it wasn't right (I think I needed more components). So I clean flashed the ROM and Magisk again and installed microg (NanoDroid-micgroG-22.6) via TWRP. Again, it flashed but some apps wouldn't run, needing Google Play Services.

The microG settings 'self check' suggests everything isn't right - the 'Play Services (GmsScore) has correct signature' option is not checked. I checked it (even though it was not advised) but those apps still didn't run.

This seems to be a really good ROM, and I really would like to try it out fully, so I liked to be able to fix this problem. Some apps, I can do without and find replacements (Skype for instance) but I do need Authy to work.
29th March 2020, 09:11 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Hi, for microg i use this sequence:
1) clean flash the rom, after that reboot to the system.
2) reboot to twrp and flash magisk, reboot to system.
3) download nanodroid microg (i don't know if i can post the link)
4) reboot to twrp and flash nanodroid microg zip and reboot
5) open microg settings and give all permissione on self check
6)open aurora store and give the permissions.
7) now phonesky some times does not acquire the right permissions so there are 2 ways to fix

7.1) throught adb :
Connect the tablet with a cable to a PC in mtp mode(Will appear on the tablet when you connect to PC) open a terminal and insert this commands
adb shell
Su
pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE

7.2) throught local terminal
Go ti settings ,about tablet, tap 7 times to build Number for enable developer settings. Go back to settings and scroll down to developer settings. Go in and enable local terminal. Open local terminal(Is an app) give root permission and Copy this commands.

Su

Sorry for my english ,ask for any problem
29th March 2020, 11:50 AM |#6  

More
Thank you for the help. I made some progress. I reflashed the ROM clean, and followed your procecure then thru adb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TureX

Su

phonesky does now acquire the right permission ("has correct signature" is checked) but I still get the message app "won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device" error.

I've attached a screen shot of the microG self-check results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200329-124658.png
Views:	398
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	4981227  
29th March 2020, 12:26 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesGirauds

Thank you for the help. I made some progress. I reflashed the ROM clean, and followed your procecure then thru adb...

phonesky does now acquire the right permission ("has correct signature" is checked) but I still get the message app "won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device" error.

I've attached a screen shot of the microG self-check results.

tap on unchecked box for grant permission, let me know if it work
29th March 2020, 01:38 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TureX

tap on unchecked box for grant permission, let me know if it work

Yes, that works! Thank you Last time, it gave a message saying it was 'not advisable' but this time it was ok - so all is good.

I'll carry on with my testing. I think I'm going to have to replace some of the google apps (mail, maps, calendar) because of the sync process - I'm not sure sync will work.
29th March 2020, 01:54 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Nice to see it works! i will try to remove some systems usefull apps for make space for gapps, another alternative is install old gapps that are less 100 MB. I also will try give more optimize to the rom with a newest linaro and disable pmf that cause some wifi problem on connect on some access point
29th March 2020, 02:07 PM |#10  

More
Yes it works - it works very well indeed. It's really responsive and smooth.

It would be good to have the option of installing gapps (for those that want it) I've never used microg before so I'm happy to play with that for the moment. I don't want my google account locked (because I have app purchases on my account) so I am trying to keep accesses to Google to a minimum.

I'll look for a gapps package (older or otherwise) that's below the space left available by the ROM. When I instal a ROM, I do use a root app deleter to remove unwanted/unneeded apps but that doesn't gain that much space - so anything you can do would be great!
29th March 2020, 07:21 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
New update online, give me a feedback. I add in OP a link to opengapps that i test,after install throught TWRP you MUST give all the permission to the play store and play service throught settings>app
The Following User Says Thank You to TureX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TureX Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)