FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM & discussion][7.1.2_r11][Grouper|Tilapia][3May2017]AOSP - UNOFFICIAL

1,634 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,404

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 23rd September 2016, 09:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
In Android ROMs' developments, I always start with AOSP. It is the root and if I want to do it right, I have to make it work for AOSP first. Putting the AOSP tests in my kernel thread is getting messy. As I would continue my work here for a while. Starting a thread for AOSP seems reasonable.
Here is for sharing of experiences and discussions.
There would be no nightly, weekly or monthy. I would follow the releases of AOSP and keep it as genuine as possible. If you are looking for a feature, there are many nice ROMs out there.

Known Issues:
 1. AOSP Camera App
 The AOSP Camera2 app is not working with the Nexus 7 (2012) which is the only (I think) Nexus device with a Front Camera but not the Back Camera. The new Camera2 app set the back camera as default. I can make the preview shown by a simple overlay configs. But, make it really work would be quite a work. In the app market(s), there are many camera apps already taking care of that and would work flawlessly. I see no reason to waste time on that.
 2. "E:unknown command [log]"
 If you got this message when flashing, don't panic. It's the new "block_image_update()" in recovery cause that. It would do no harm and it would be gone in the next TWRP.
 3 Please report.

Tips:
 1. DT2W
 At deep sleep, the idled CPU takes time to resume. If the taps are too close, it might not be recognized. Delay the duration between taps would give you better results.
 2. Built-in File Explorer
 There is an built-in file explorer in AOSP. We can explore the files as well as installing apks.
Its in: Settings > Storage > Explore (under the storage you want. In case of Nexus 7, only the internal and OTG exist.)
Change log:
Code:
2017/5/3
 - Android-7.1.2_r11 (NHG47L)
2017/4/9
 - Android-7.1.2_r5 (N2G47J)
 - PerformanceControl: boot up settings fixed
 - Fix Wifi hotspot
 - Performance patches
2017/3/8
 - Android-7.1.1_r28 (N6F26U)
2017/2/8
 - Android-7.1.1_r21 (NOF26W)
2017/1/6
 - Android-7.1.1_r13 (N6F26Q)
 - Camera: Fix video recording
2016/12/16
 - Android-7.1.1_r6 (NMF26Q)
 - SEPolicy update
2016/12/7
 - Android-7.1.1_r4 (NMF26O)
 - Fix the Camera
2016/11/11
 - Android-7.1.0_r7 (NDE63X)
2016/10/24
 - Android-7.1.0_r4 (NDE36P)
 - Remove every recovery related resources
2016/10/14
 - Android-7.0.0_r14 (NBD90Z)
 - Shield the occasional crash in MTP Document provider
 - USB and Bluetooth Tethering support enabled
2016/9/23
 - Android-7.0.0_r6 (NRD90U)
 - latest DC kernel (Android-7.0 branch)
 - PerformanceControl: version 2.1.6
 - Find a way to fix the hwcomposer for video/audio playback, need to review later
 - A few sepolicy patches for Gapps and Mediaserver
 - SELinux: Enforcing
Downloads:
 Hosts: Android File Host MEGA mirror: 百度网盘
 Note: I only tested it in TWRP 3.0.2.
     PerformanceControl app requires ROOT access.
     Root access can be obtained by the systemless SuperSU from @Chainfire.
 Gapps: opengapps (pico) and BaNKs Gapps for 7.0 are tested

Sources:
 Sources in github

Credits:
 ** Definitely the AOSP
 ** The AndroidFielHost provide a FREE host with no limits and expiration.
 ** All the developers who help the Nexus 7 (2012) development
 ** All those who donate and/or help the developers. Giving us the resources and reason to carry on.

Donations:

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free

23rd September 2016, 09:22 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Discussions
Anyone has any idea are welcome to post here
  • DT2W
    Sometimes it won't wakeup after a long DEEP_SLEEP
    When volume buttons are also enabled for wakeup. It won't work too. Seems there are situations "soft pwr button press" won't work.
  • Fail after reboot
    Code:
    Supported API: 3
    E: unknown fs_type "f2fs" for /cache
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_locale
    Some of you might encounter the above message after reboot. I never encountered before but there is definitely something wrong.
    @millosr found that it was the recovery being replaced. I think that make sense and I want to study why.
    I looked into the source. In the original AOSP, an OTA might come with a recovery patch. Stated in the build/core/Makefile "boot.img + recovery-from-boot.p + recovery-resource.dat = recovery.img"
    It would generate the "recovery.img by the above formula itself. Custom ROMs usually won't carry a recovery and this part was usual ignored.
    There is a warning in TWRP before reboot. Some of you might not read clearly and slide to continue immediately. In that case, the above mentioned recovery.img will be generated and flashed to the /recovery partition. Everything seems normal but after reboot.
    When the script kick in, it would execute the "new" recovery. As a normal recovery, it would load the fstab and try to mount the partitions. The current fstab version is API 3. Almost all ROMs (no matter how close to AOSP) would have F2FS support. When we open a typical fstab:
    Code:
    /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP		/system		ext4	ro		wait
    /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC		/cache		f2fs	noatime,nosuid,nodev,nodiratime,discard,inline_xattr,inline_data,inline_dentry	wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC		/cache		ext4	noatime,nosuid,nodev,nomblk_io_submit,journal_async_commit,errors=panic	wait,check
    Note that the second line is the declaration for the /cache in f2fs. Stock AOSP recovery doesn't support f2fs. That's why the above error shown. Since it fail to mount /cache, the last_locale is not loaded and recovery would hang.

How to recover?
    Naturally, you have to flash TWRP again.
    First of all, you need to boot into bootloader (fastboot mode)
    Some init.xxx.rc might start adbd earlier and in this case "adb reboot bootloader" would do the job.
    If adbd was not started before the hang, the command won't work. In this case you can only use the pwr+vol. down combination.
    If it is still hanging, the buttons might not work. Press the power button continuously might lead to repeatedly reboot. It is better to make sure the device is OFF first.
    1. Connect to a charger.
    2. Press the power button until you see the charging image
    3. Release the power button immediately.
    4. After that, press the volume down button first, and then the power button.
    It would go to the bootloader.

Note: /system is not really formatted during flashing. To make sure no residue left in /system, it is better to wipe the /system before flashing.

For ROM builders, there is a flag BOARD_USES_FULL_RECOVERY_IMAGE. Set it to true will stop the generation of recovery-resource.dat (in /system/etc) and break the above formula.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 04:31 AM |#3  
Does D2TW require the digitizer to remain permanently on? Trying to guage the impact of such a feature before I turn it on.
24th September 2016, 05:22 AM |#4  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 725

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintonito

Does D2TW require the digitizer to remain permanently on? Trying to guage the impact of such a feature before I turn it on.

obviously.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

@daniel_hk good to see a separate thread. Will test this build this weekend as i am already on grouper.
52mm
24th September 2016, 08:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
:手指划线:
24th September 2016, 01:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Thanks for bringing nougat to our beloved Nexus 7!!!
I just flashed but no matter which gapps I use, I can't make playstore and google play services installed.
Any hints?

Thanks.
24th September 2016, 01:50 PM |#7  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho0o0o11111

Thanks for bringing nougat to our beloved Nexus 7!!!
I just flashed but no matter which gapps I use, I can't make playstore and google play services installed.
Any hints?

Thanks.

If you want anyone to help, you have to provide details.

The tested Gapps' are listed in OP. "No matter which gapps" ?
Can you tell us which one and version you actually tried?
What's your flashing procedures? etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 04:26 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

If you want anyone to help, you have to provide details.

The tested Gapps' are listed in OP. "No matter which gapps" ?
Can you tell us which one and version you actually tried?
What's your flashing procedures? etc.

Procedures (clean flash)
- rom
- gapps
- supersu
- reboot
- no playstore/play services have been installed after reboot
I used explorer to check and found that those gapps are installed (e.g. Vending.apk) but their sizes are all in 0kb.

the gapps I used were opengapps PICO and Banks. (I tried both. All after clean flash)
Finally I got playstore installed as follows
- flash rom/gapps/supersu
- reboot
- uninstall some system apps I don't need
- flash gapps again
then the playstore appears in app drawer. (And it works)

However, I have another big problem after reboot.
My device is now stuck in bootloop after splashscreen.

It just shows message as follows and I can't enter recovery/bootloader.

In the following page I found a solution "adb reboot bootloader" but I can't even enter bootloader/fastboot mode.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...3128195/page46
still trying...
Any helps would be appreciated.
Thanks.
24th September 2016, 04:47 PM |#9  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Procedures (clean flash)
- rom
- gapps
- supersu
- reboot
- no playstore/play services have been installed after reboot
I used explorer to check and found that those gapps are installed (e.g. Vending.apk) but their sizes are all in 0kb.

the gapps I used were opengapps PICO and Banks. (I tried both. All after clean flash)
Finally I got playstore installed as follows
- flash rom/gapps/supersu
- reboot
- uninstall some system apps I don't need
- flash gapps again
then the playstore appears in app drawer. (And it works)

However, I have another big problem after reboot.
My device is now stuck in bootloop after splashscreen.

It just shows message as follows and I can't enter recovery/bootloader.

In the following page I found a solution "adb reboot bootloader" but I can't even enter bootloader/fastboot mode.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...3128195/page46
still trying...
Any helps would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I think you are not using the Official TWRP. There are similar reports having the same problem for other MM ROMs too.
You may try the Official TWRP 3.0.2 here (follow the link if you have a Tilapia) and flash everything again.
You might have corrupted your /cache and /data. It is better format them (to ext4 or f2fs) in the Official TWRP again.
Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 05:16 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

I think you are not using the Official TWRP. There are similar reports having the same problem for other MM ROMs too.
You may try the Official TWRP 3.0.2 here (follow the link if you have a Tilapia) and flash everything again.
You might have corrupted your /cache and /data. It is better format them (to ext4 or f2fs) in the Official TWRP again.
Good luck!

Thanks for your suggestion but the TWRP I used were downloaded from TWRP's official website, so I supposed it is official version.
I can't flash TWRP again as I am still struggling to enter bootloader mode.
24th September 2016, 05:38 PM |#11  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your suggestion but the TWRP I used were downloaded from TWRP's official website, so I supposed it is official version.
I can't flash TWRP again as I am still struggling to enter bootloader mode.

Which version? eariler version might have a wrong fstab which have issue on f2fs.
Make sure you got the latest version 3.0.2

You can't go to boot loader?
That means you press pwr+vol down and it won't reboot to bootloader?
That's strange.
"adb reboot bootloader" only work if the adbd is up. That means you can use "adb devices" to check the existance of your device.
You may try this:
1. connect to the charger
2. pressing the pwr button for > 8 seconds.
See if the tablet reboot. If yes, it would boot into charging mode. Pwr+vol down again would work.
If it doesn't reboot after you pressed say 20 seconds, you need to remove the battery.

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)