Thanks Meter: 5,404

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 23rd September 2016, 09:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th September 2016, 12:33 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paasoares

Did you set "keep wi-fi on during deep sleep" to NEVER?

It was on "always".

Quote:
Originally Posted by paasoares

My tablet drain 5% during this night (about 8 hours), so i guess this is normal/acceptable

I agree. I just thought it's an error that needs to be fixed.

@daniel_hk
Can you integrate the BFQ I/O scheduler into the Kernel?

Also, does anyone know good settings in Performance Control?

27th September 2016, 01:07 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
sorry to ask but is teh GPS working ok?
27th September 2016, 02:07 PM |#23  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 798

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho0o0o11111

Procedures (clean flash)
It just shows message as follows and I can't enter recovery/bootloader.
Supported API: 3
E: unknown fs_type "f2fs" for /cache
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_locale

In the following page I found a solution "adb reboot bootloader" but I can't even enter bootloader/fastboot mode.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...3128195/page46
still trying...
Any helps would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

I think you are not using the Official TWRP. There are similar reports having the same problem for other MM ROMs too.
You may try the Official TWRP 3.0.2 here (follow the link if you have a Tilapia) and flash everything again.
You might have corrupted your /cache and /data. It is better format them (to ext4 or f2fs) in the Official TWRP again.
Good luck!

I was getting the same error, for the clean flash on the official TWRP.
I get out from this by connecting tablet to PC with Windows and :
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp....
For some reason adb reboot bootloader didn't work for me on linux.

This happens because when creating ota package - recovery-from-boot.p and install-recovery.sh files are created and at the end of init.rc there is:
service flash_recovery /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
I guess that twrp has some mechanism to defend from this recovery flashing, but for some reason that doesn't work for everyone.

I've solved this problem by skipping creation of recovery patch: https://github.com/millosr/android_b...43f7f34a011d5a
and commenting service flash_recovery lines in init.rc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

I found a way to fix the hw decoder for audio/video playback. It is included in my new build of AOSP in the new thread.

I'll wait for the next DU-11.0 release. If there is no update for a week, I would rebuild the DU-11.0 with the fixes.

How did you fix hw decoder?
27th September 2016, 04:14 PM |#24  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,404

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millosr

I was getting the same error, for the clean flash on the official TWRP.
I get out from this by connecting tablet to PC with Windows and :
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp....
For some reason adb reboot bootloader didn't work for me on linux.

This happens because when creating ota package - recovery-from-boot.p and install-recovery.sh files are created and at the end of init.rc there is:
service flash_recovery /system/bin/install-recovery.sh
I guess that twrp has some mechanism to defend from this recovery flashing, but for some reason that doesn't work for everyone.

I've solved this problem by skipping creation of recovery patch: https://github.com/millosr/android_b...43f7f34a011d5a
and commenting service flash_recovery lines in init.rc.

How did you fix hw decoder?

For adb, it only work after the adbd on the tablet is running. If it work on your windows, you may check if the /etc/udev/rules.d/xx-android.rules file exists and included the vendor id of Google (and Asus). Fastboot would never work without it.

1. The last line in init.rc just defined the service flash_recovery which was never called
2. Same as the flash_recovery service, install-recovery.sh was there for a few versions. (Since JB or earlier??)
3. Only if you include it, we won't find those files anywhere in /system and the zip won't have the recovery image too.
I never experience it so I can only guess. I think there might be some residue in the old /system. Therefore someone from some ROM might ran into trouble. In any case, it seems wise to factory reset and wipe the /system before flashing.

For the hwcomposer, it is also a permission issue. OMX codecs are move to a new service MediaCodec. I tricked them by rename the codecs (inside the blob) to Google's name. It's not fully working and there are many extra permissions follow. I think there is a better way. I traced the source and I found something yesterday. I think I would come up with a formal and easier way soon. Will update you later

Edit:
1. Seem no reason to rebuilt the kernel repeatedly, I use a pre-built kernel in this build. It might be the difference and recovery not included in my otapackage.
2. I think I found a simple fix for the hwcomposer. I'll test it further when return home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgold2505

sorry to ask but is teh GPS working ok?

Since you asked a few times. I have tested the GPS today. In the 45 min. round trip drive, I tested a few apks. It is working fine. Locking and responding are all normal.
But, when I came out from a building. It take quite long to lock again. Some apks just fail to lock. I restart the apks and everything were back to normal. I didn't turn off the location so the hardware is not reset.
I think its data connection (and Wifi) related. I have a Tilapia without a sim card. Those apks like maps require a data connection (say to check the traffic status, etc.). Those Compass apks which don't require the data connection seems OK. It might be the Google location service or something else.
Anyway, restart the apk (or the location) again is not a problem for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
27th September 2016, 06:19 PM |#25  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 3,750

More
Well there might be a different mechanism on N which I didn't understand fully yet, but if you built the ota package you will have a file "/system/etc/recovery-resource.dat" and I suppose that this recovery resources are patched against the recovery installed on the device when you are flashing the ota package. I think it's sufficient to not create that file. I'll have a deeper look at the build tools.

Edit: As the ota-package files are incremental updates there might be also a problem with existing recovery patching tools / scripts in /system/bin which will not be deleted
30th September 2016, 10:15 AM |#26  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Can any kind of theme-ing be done on this ROM ? Layers or Substratum ?
The Following User Says Thank You to eNVy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eNVy Ad-Free
2nd October 2016, 07:34 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNVy

Can any kind of theme-ing be done on this ROM ? Layers or Substratum ?

Substratum will be great, loved it in pure nexus rom.

Edit: this rom seems to have implemented it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3467335
2nd October 2016, 05:06 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Touchscreen going crazy after long sleep
Hi, after the Tablet has been to sleep for a longer time, and I try to unlock it, the Touchscreen goes crazy.

First, it doesnt register touches properly. Then it registers them somewhere where I didn't touch. Then it just makes touches without my fingers being even close!

I have a logcat available if you want. Do you want the full boot or only since the unlock?
6th October 2016, 06:39 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho0o0o11111

Procedures (clean flash)
- rom
- gapps
- supersu
- reboot
- no playstore/play services have been installed after reboot
I used explorer to check and found that those gapps are installed (e.g. Vending.apk) but their sizes are all in 0kb.

the gapps I used were opengapps PICO and Banks. (I tried both. All after clean flash)
Finally I got playstore installed as follows
- flash rom/gapps/supersu
- reboot
- uninstall some system apps I don't need
- flash gapps again
then the playstore appears in app drawer. (And it works)

However, I have another big problem after reboot.
My device is now stuck in bootloop after splashscreen.

It just shows message as follows and I can't enter recovery/bootloader.

In the following page I found a solution "adb reboot bootloader" but I can't even enter bootloader/fastboot mode.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...3128195/page46
still trying...
Any helps would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi everyone,i am also facing the same problem and can't get into the bootloader/recovery....so please if someone has any leads on this please tell!

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk
7th October 2016, 06:33 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveConnor

Hi everyone,i am also facing the same problem and can't get into the bootloader/recovery....so please if someone has any leads on this please tell!

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

If just shows message

1. Connect the tablet to PC (you must have adb and fastboot)
2. adb reboot bootloader
3. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9th October 2016, 09:31 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ur6an

If just shows message

1. Connect the tablet to PC (you must have adb and fastboot)
2. adb reboot bootloader
3. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

This doesn't work.
adb and fastboot commands can't be passed to tablet. Tried many times.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)